Decent Fish And Chips In Pattaya ?

johnboy3739w

I was driving through Jomtien today and saw "Simons Fish and Chips" - Opp Paragon Estate agents and decided to give them a try....

BIG MISTAKE......

The waitress's looked like they had been forced to work there, sloppy service and after 20 minutes the "traditional fish and chips" turned up......

About as traditional as my left foot....

Tasteless fish, not cooked particularly well, batter wasn't much cop, with pretty average chips, again not very well cooked.....

Final insult was rathery dodgy ketchup served in "Heinz" bottles.......

Wild horses wouldn't drag me back.....

I heard that some people swear by the Seaside Restaurant in Soi Lemkee? between 3rd Road and Soi Bua Khao.

It is not to my taste, but most seem to think the beer batter fish and home style fries are haut cuisine UK style!

Go for it Johnboy. :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2419568

Some ideas on the thread above. I suggest that thread is enough, we don't need a new Pattaya chippie thread. I haven't been to Simon's lately as I was banned from the place, and proud of it, but that was no loss. I do think it is very hard to get the imported ketchup at restaurants in Thailand. Don't they almost all use the cheap sweet Thai version?

There is a new chip shop which has just opened last week inside The Village on the third road.

In a word - OUTSTANDING.

I can't go back for a while as I'm on a diet but will definitely return once I lose a few more stones! Sod's law eh?

Arh!

NormanW

There is a new chip shop which has just opened last week inside The Village on the third road.

In a word - OUTSTANDING.

I can't go back for a while as I'm on a diet but will definitely return once I lose a few more stones! Sod's law eh?

Arh!

NormanW

I heard about this today. A friend was raving about how good the food is.

There is also a fish & chip shop between Soi7 & Soi 8 that comes recommended.

I heard that some people swear by the Seaside Restaurant in Soi Lemkee? between 3rd Road and Soi Bua Khao.

It is not to my taste, but most seem to think the beer batter fish and home style fries are haut cuisine UK style!

You are talking about seaside 2, which is on Soi Chaiyapoon not Soi Lenkee. Great value for B129.

You are talking about seaside 2, which is on Soi Chaiyapoon not Soi Lenkee. Great value for B129.

My Frugal Freddy Monday dinner group met a few weeks back at the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7. Huge portion of fish looked like a side of shark, choice of bread crumbs or batter. Bread crumb choice was mine and it was light, mild, perfectly cooked. At least 10 people in my group of 30 had that choice and all gave the food, service and atmosphere two thumbs up.

A few people choose to have it battered and it came to the table looking like they had a football on a platter but they also rated it 2 thumbs up.

Price was B225 or B195 as the Friday Special

Edited by bob4you

I always give a place a second chance on the basis that any place or person can have an 'off day'. So on two separate occasions I went into Simon's Fish and chip shop with the intention of ordering Fish and chips. (Well what else would I order?)

On both occasions the waitress showed absolutely no interest in taking my order. In fact on the first occasion, she gave me a nasty look which suggested that she resented my presence, before ignoring me completely.

Never having been one to stay where I was obviously not welcome, on both occasions I went to the Thai restaurant next door, where I was welcomed and treated like a paying customer, and had some pretty good food.

Not sure if it already been mentioned but for my money, the best Fish and chips in Pattaya is at the Caddy Shack off Theprasit road (Soi 8, I think).

The Camel in Bang Chang also does a pretty mean F & C, and you get a free back massage at the same time.

There is also a fish & chip shop between Soi7 & Soi 8 that comes recommended.

Not from me. Batter so thick and hard I was going to ask the waitress for an axe and then the fish was still frozen in the middle...

This is Goose's on Second Road. My meal was excellent - the batter was particularly good.

I searched for that other thread and could not find it, found it eventually HEREso this thread can be

//CLOSED//

Suggest bump the other one up to the top.