Tot Isp Woes

afx

Anyone in Chalong using tot ?

I've got the 8 MB package that is normally alright, however the last couple of days have had 4 or 5 hour outages and even now when it is up, it is desperately slow loading pages; eg. bbc / internet banking, downloading email. I've tried numerous dns servers so that's not it.

Also they've decided to be uncontactable by ringing 1100 and then pressing 9 for English.

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing problems ?

Yes same here in Phuket... Seems ok when loading pages in Thailand... but anything outside is terrible... I think Phuket has had many problems with internet these past few weeks.. Maxnet or is it 3DD have had problems too.

I am on the TOT "up to 4MBs" package & when I first upgraded a few weeks ago the speed was fast & reliable but this past 10 days it has dropped to under 1MBs download. I recently conducted speed tests to San Francisco, Singapore & Bangkok & all showed the same slow speed. Emails have not been going through to yahoo.com & on Monday when internet was down I was advised it was an area problem (I am in Chalong so unsure if the area was wider than that).

So far I have not had any problem getting through on their help line but at this time the speed is still slow although a couple of days ago a message went through to @yahoo.com.

I'm in Phuket, same problem with some web pages, strangely torrents work perfectly and maximize my connection. And yes I'm pausing or stopping torrents and still have browsing problems. Be asured your no alone. :)

See also Phuket news, where problems with Phuket internet are mentioned.

Completely unusable at the moment - 15 minutes and still not synced 100 KB's worth of mail. No international sites are usable, very frustrating.

Anyone had any luck getting to speak to tot ?

8MB package, yeah right - been downgraded to the 8K package I think.

No issues on CAT, i`m on the 4meg package, currently using my vpn thru to uk, and watching unbroken live bbc, itv, al jezeera etc on vpn, and when on thai ip address everthing fine too...?

Torrents on vuse, maxing out too (seed dependant ofcourse), oh and on Mirc to a usa server 24/7....maybe i`m just lucky. :)

we are in chalong, it hasn been too bad, no outages which are the most annoying.. some web pages are a bit slow.. im using tot the cheap package.
Yes the low end package seems to be ok.... It's the 8 Meg that seems to be the problem. I did hear that a cable was broken in Phagna and this is the trouble. You hear so many reasons from TOT... Don't know what to believe!!! It's bloody awful at the moment

we are in chalong, it hasn been too bad, no outages which are the most annoying.. some web pages are a bit slow.. im using tot the cheap package.
Yes the low end package seems to be ok.... It's the 8 Meg that seems to be the problem. I did hear that a cable was broken in Phagna and this is the trouble. You hear so many reasons from TOT... Don't know what to believe!!! It's bloody awful at the moment

I got through today (couldnt yesterday) and I've got a ticket number and it's logged with engineer - even when you get through to them they're just call loggers, not technical resolvers so just have to wait for a phone call. For sure something is screwed in the exchange.

TOT 8 Meg came back fully on stream about 11-30 pm tonight (wed) Hope it lasts!

some improvement - I'm at least able to load the speedtestpage this time and some international sites have improved. But my 8MB aint there. 800k down 400K up on speedtest.net which is the best it's been in four days.

Sad to hear TOT is having problems. I was going to become a customer after these last few weeks:

Maxnet TT&T/3BB 4mb premier. Several multiple hour outages for the last 2 weeks or so. 4 days straight now down completely. TT&T @ 1103 tells me to call 3BB @ 1530. 3 calls to 3BB. "9" for English does nothing. Forwarded from non-English speaker to Non-English speaker 5-6 times, on hold 3-5 minutes each time. 3 days of: "A technician will call me back. " Didn't happen. Got text message from BBB tonight. "Sorry, some server was down. We apologize..." Still no internet tonight. Call again...on hold 20 minutes. Finally get tech on phone. After 30 minutes walks me through router reconfigure. Says it was lightning. Yeah right. Getting over 5mb down on my 4mb line, but now no wifi.

Sad to hear TOT is having problems. I was going to become a customer after these last few weeks:

Maxnet TT&T/3BB 4mb premier. Several multiple hour outages for the last 2 weeks or so. 4 days straight now down completely. TT&T @ 1103 tells me to call 3BB @ 1530. 3 calls to 3BB. "9" for English does nothing. Forwarded from non-English speaker to Non-English speaker 5-6 times, on hold 3-5 minutes each time. 3 days of: "A technician will call me back. " Didn't happen. Got text message from BBB tonight. "Sorry, some server was down. We apologize..." Still no internet tonight. Call again...on hold 20 minutes. Finally get tech on phone. After 30 minutes walks me through router reconfigure. Says it was lightning. Yeah right. Getting over 5mb down on my 4mb line, but now no wifi.

tot has normally been good - get the odd few hour outage now and again but since this week it has been foobar'd. It's back to working level now since late last night - but only 800k down and 400k up. Not what I'm paying for (the 8MB package).