Troops, Armoured Vehicles Converge On Bangkok Protest Site

webfact

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

Why focus only on Thaksin in this line of argument? The entire ruling elite are responsible for the chaos and work together to keep it the status quo. They want the people to kill each other in a civil war to decrease the demand on resources. They are playing each others supporters against each other and outside influences are fuelling the unrest as much as they can to keep everything destabilised so that when the inevitable resource crunch happens due to exponential population increase countries like Thailand will descend into mass murder first and ease some of the pressure that the rest of the world is facing. The elites are aware of this problem and are actively engaged in the process to protect their power and resources while the poor rural underclass does the dying and killing. Just look at Rwanda or Haiti for an example of what they are trying to achieve.

If the people of South Asia do the dying and killing that just means there is a longer term availability of resources for the rest of the world to over consume. The greatest part about it is that it all happens far away from the cosy sheltered world that they live in and the bulk of the work to produce the consumables is done by the peasants who are doing the dying and killing too. It's a fool proof plan and quite cheap to manufacture and keep going. The under educated and desperate poor are always keen to air their grievances and exact some form of revenge against society for the injustices they face on a daily basis and more so if they are given the financial support and infrastructure to do so by people at the top like Thaksin.

Did you just compare Thailand to Haiti and/or Rwanda? :)

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

Actually the accounts were blocked to check the ongoing transfers.

Where is the money coming from, how much is taken out in cash.

Guess why?

Taksins wife took out 600 and 800 Million baht then she left thailand. Legally ur only allowed to take 50,00 baht out of the country.

Wonder what she did with the rest? I don't know any money changers that could change that amount of baht into any currency>>>

:)

20 armed men in black captured by soldiers, Arisman believed fleeing

The security forces on Wednesday's morning captured 20 armed men in black fighting at Sarasin Junctuion. The men are being detained at Kian Kwuan building on Wireless Road.

After the forces advanced through the reds barricades at Saladaeng, the next flashpoint is Sarasin Junction where the reds set up a defence line to protect the Rajprasong rally site.

As of 11 am, the Sarasin skirmish is still raging on.

Red-shirt leaders at Rajprasong were seen holding a closed-door meeting in the face of advancing security forces.

One of the hardcore leaders, Arisman Pongruangrong, has reportedly been trying to flee the rally site. The security forces have been alerted to arrest him as his escape route might be via Pratunam.

Chief coalition whip Witthaya Buranasiri is reportedly in contacts with the red-shirt leaders. One option is the arrangement for the leaders to surrender in order to avoid the loss of life.

The Nation

A very strong example should be made of these men, if it so turns out that they are in fact members of the 'men in black' contingent.

Actually the accounts were blocked to check the ongoing transfers.

Where is the money coming from, how much is taken out in cash.

Guess why?

Taksins wife took out 600 and 800 Million baht then she left thailand. Legally ur only allowed to take 50,00 baht out of the country.

Wonder what she did with the rest? I don't know any money changers that could change that amount of baht into any currency>>>

:)

Let's see if Thailand can make itself a pariah state today by taking the body count above Tiannamen Square. About 350 ought to do it.

Shameful day for Thailand and shameful to read all this vitriol.

Shameful to read that people still support this armed rebellion.

Yes it is shamefull

How dare they support LAW and ORDER

:):D:D A+

Of course the Thai army, with all its weaponry and armour, can win this battle, much to the delight of all the armchair warriors in this forum.

You make it sound like you just came in from a shift of shooting @ the blackshirts on the front line to type a few lines... :)

Ho! Wait, wait. Stop, cut, hooooold the action. OK, cool. Now, I want an M16 or grenade in each arsonists' hands. This has got to be fair. OK, good. NO! Don't put the barrel in your mouth! Woahhhh, don't pull that pin!

Edited by rabo

Those who take children into this are worse than the terrorists themselves. Have they no conscience ?

How can they call themselves parents... :D:D:)

Quote 'Tod' Parenthood (1989) "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hel_l, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshol_e be a father"

I have lived in countries were the militias retaliated to revenge their people being attacked by the govenment , by invading all the govenment and military bases in their stronghold provinces , i hope the thai government has taken this option under consideration when they decided to go ahead with their carackdown ,

the whole northeast provinces can fall under the hands of red shirts militias including army barricades police stations and government offices .

Some strange thoughts. Appropriate user name "Clockwork Orange". Ab is nowhere near Thaksin at this point. In fact I have been amazed by his patience. What other leader in any country in the world would let mayhem and anarchy invade their capital for two months? Please name me a single nation or shut up.

I'm with you on this one. Many people are of the belief that Abhisit didn't swing the hammer earlier because he couldn't get the Army to do it. In my opinion that theory is highly unlikely to be true. For goodness sake, he's the Prime Minister of Thailand. The LAST thing he wants to do is have to order the Army to shoot at other Thais.

Unfortunately, the reds used this to their advantage for the last two months. Even now, Abhisit is showing a level of restraint that is almost painful to watch. If he was really a bloodthirsty fascist wannabe dictator, this would all have been over a long time ago.

Many people seem to fear a return by Thaksin. That would suck, but I think the real and very possible nasty outcome is that Thais vote in a true rights-stomping "law and order" government and PM because they don't want a repeat of all this.

The red shirt leaders now understand that this is a fight to the end. No negotiated compromise. The leaders will either end up in jail for a long time or be shot dead. I wonder if they will stand and fight or flee to Paris and go shopping for Louis Vuitton with their glorious leader Thaksin the brave.

Cybercitizens attack Thaksin as shopping images circulate the internet

BANGKOK, 19 May 2010 (NNT) — Cybercitizens have attacked former ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatara on web boards as photos of him shopping in France spread like wildfire on the internet.

The pictures, taken by a Thai expat residing in France showed Thaksin shopping in a Louis Vuitton shop in France’s upscale shopping avenue, Champs-Élysées.

Thaksin was seen to be smiling, in the store with his daughter Praethongtan Shinawatara. The photos were taken on 15 May 2010 and the National Broadcasting of Thailand (NBT) was the first to retrieve the images.

Cybercitizens have criticized Thaksin for being happy at the expense of the country, while Thai citizens are risking their lives to maintain order.

While some have expressed sympathy for Thaksin's isolation and loneliness from being away from his home country, a majority of cybercitizens have expressed that the ousted former prime minister is indifferent to the ongoing political turmoil, paralyzing the Kingdom.

Thaksin’s son, Panthongtae, had sent a message through his Twitter account that some ill-intentioned people wanted to stir speculations and criticisms after the his father’s cancer illness rumor have subsided.

Meanwhile, Thaksin Shinawatra's financial accounts have been frozen by the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) as he is linked to being a major funder of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) demonstrations in the Thai capital since late March 2010.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255305190022

Edited by KMUTT

For what its worth and its here say

the red protestors (mums/dads/kids) have had their ID cards taken by the "officials" in the camps. In return they were paid some money, food, water etc. and the promise of more after the reds win.

Assume the red protestors cannot leave as they cant get their ID cards back.

The reds were expecting a million people to turn out and they are approx 5000 at present

this represents 0.5%

of this its possible that approx 300 motor cycle taxi drivers / taxi drivers / disturbed idealistic youths are causing billions of baht in damages.

go figure!!!

Any Thai can go and get a new ID card from any Police Station anywhere in Thailand if he says he lost it. Better come up with a new theory.

I have lived in countries were the militias retaliated to revenge their people being attacked by the govenment , by invading all the govenment and military bases in their stronghold provinces , i hope the thai government has taken this option under consideration when they decided to go ahead with their carackdown ,

the whole northeast provinces can fall under the hands of red shirts militias including army barricades police stations and government offices .

that's EXACTLY what happened in Kwang-Ju, South Korea, May 18th 1980.

the military government BULLDOZED them over in one day in the city of Kwang-Ju.

30 years later today, lefties call it a 'democratic movement' - righties an 'anti-government pro-communist terror attack'.

i have no opinion on it though i'm a korean myself.

i'm just bringing this up because there are lots of write-ups about thailand in korean media comparing it to the Kwang-Ju unrest (some people call it Kwang-Ju massacre - i don't!)

Gov't says there will be no slow down today in their actions which have been successful such as at Lumpini

Correction --- phone number to report leader sighing is the same to call if you need help do to the situation

Edited by jcbangkok

Just seen on BBC World TV:

A US based Thailand "expert" stuttered and stammered his way through an admission that "the soldiers are in a very difficult position", and "soldiers need to defend themselves"; after being asked by the commentator if he thought human rights abuses were being committed by the government in using live ammunition.

So the BBC are now allowing expression of such opinions.

and this reply is NOT biased!

The BBC & CNN have been 100% behind the Reds giving biased and false information to the world. The difference here is that these are people's opinions, most who live in Thailand, and are not being read and seen around the world like CNN & the BBC. That my friend, is a big, big difference - Apples & oranges. CNN & the BBC have shown during these protests that they are totally unprofessional and have been spewing Red propaganda worldwide.

You how the news is, no more honest new and it is all about rating. They are out of business if there is no new and when this ends, then they have nothing to report other than boring stuff

News agencies moto: "The only good news is the bad news".

So they will always keep pushing for it.

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

I hope there won't be chaos, but a come-back to normalcy .

Talking of the NWO , a question I have had for some time : could possibly a large nation of means and vision , north of LOS , Taksin being somewhat connected to, have any interest in this sad episod of Thai history?

CRES: Security Officials Successfully Reclaim Lumpini Area

UPDATE : 19 May 2010

In an official national TV address, the Center for the Resolution for Emergency Situation announced that security officials have successfully reclaimed the Lumpini area.

The CRES will continue to intensify its blockade of protesters to pressure them to disperse.

It's also asking for the public to inform the CRES on any information it has on the movement/escape of key red-shirt leaders who have reportedly fled the Ratchaprasong protest site.

The CRES tip line is 02-551-1515.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029493

The red shirt leaders now understand that this is a fight to the end. No negotiated compromise. The leaders will either end up in jail for a long time or be shot dead. I wonder if they will stand and fight or flee to Paris and go shopping for Louis Vuitton with their glorious leader Thaksin the brave. I think the people will fight but leaders are always a little more 'pragmatic'.

This is starting to look like Burma of a few years ago. The military already had a firm hold on government in Burma, Myramar, but squashed the uprising, killing 1200 Monks in the bloody crack down. Is Thailand going the same way as Burma? I hope not, but I do not think it would take that much.

I thought Thailand had a good government until all this happened. It looks like Abhisit is just a puppet for a military government that never relinquished power after the coup.

Apparently you missed the 2 Pro-Thaksin governments after the coup etc ....

What you are seeing now is a dove being forced to be a hawk. Abhisit has been a dove this whole time; favoring restraint and negotiation and patience. The reds have forced his hand into being more hawklike but he is STILL more of a dove than a hawk.

He could have gone in and used grenades, flamethrowers etc and cleared EVERY barrier. Instead they have moved slowly and methodically with more restraint than you are likely to see anywhere else.

This is certainly a danger so martial law and a shoot to kill directive is a lesser evil if push comes to shove. One thing is certain when the dust settles, Abhisit should make his first priority completely dismantling the police and starting again. If there was a police force that enforced the law regardless of the personal feelings of individual officers then nearly all of this mess could have been avoided.

Red-shirts Place Gas Tanks in Front of Platinum Fashion Mall

Red-shirt protesters have placed several gas tanks in front of the Platinum Mall.

They have threatened to blow up the popular fashion mall.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029490

Ah yes Democrazy at work.

Don't you just love these peaceful guys and girls? Nice roll model for their children also.

Bon Kai on Fire

Fires ablaze in Bonkai; at least 10 shops on fire; looting of other shops; banks being stormed.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029492

Perhaps the government of Cambodia, through one of its economic advisors, Thaksin Shinawatra, has offered sanctuary to the Red Shirt (UDD) leaders. Perhaps some are already there. Like Thaksin, these Reds didn't stay to fight.

BBC showing APCs and water cannon in action.

Looks like this is the end.

Sorry for the poor dupes who thought they were protesting for democracy (which they already have).

We now know this was all about power and money.

Hats off to Abhisit!

I hope not too many people die today.

Enough is enough. The red have to go home today, hopefully in a bus, and not in a box.

Yes, by all means, take the the red insurgent criminals "home" in a "bus" post haste.

post-37101-1274244615_thumb.jpg

Taking into account the average Thai stubbordiness, seizing the accounts at this particular moment is only fuelling the conflict. Should have been done in a quiet period. As already some opinions have stated, this conflict is maybe only the spark of a major operation in line with a re-positionning of some actors on the politician stage. If true we should see some new developments in the coming hours...

IMHO, the seizure of accounts NOW is a tactical mistake.