Troops, Armoured Vehicles Converge On Bangkok Protest Site

webfact

If the eventual outcome is that most Thais come to their senses and realise that this government were never going to be acceptable and were a mistake and that Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here, then we can move forward as a country.

Can't agree with that one... "Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here"

Can't agree with that one, either, but for a different reason. Thaksin needs to be returned to begin his prison sentence and have all his other still pending cases decided.

Edited by KMUTT

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

timekeeper posted
that was thaksins proxy PM's desicion to make

he didn't.....

No, he orderd the military to clear them and they would not. Once you let some people get away with crap, everybody thinks they are entitled.

He ordered the military, but didn't give them legal protection, so the army declined.

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

What you said is scary....! If theere is indeed a powerful group of lunatics behind the new world order that made Thailand as their test ground, I would definitely sign up for the FREEDOM ARMY against them.

Go for it... here is the manual:

open your Bible...Ephesians 6

10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15. and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; :)

Anyway I for one am very proud of the young brave soldiers going in to rid the vermin of the streets whether they are my nationality or not.

Yeah well said. Hat's off to the brave soldiers going about their duties in one of the very worse set of circumstances, fighting people from their own nation.

FULL RESPECT.

Hah, OK the situation is pretty dramatic, but am I the only one to have felt a surge of glee at the pictures of the army APC rolling right over and through the red-shirt "fortress"?

no, you are not alone

It is making my day. Long past due for the Army to clear out these rabblerousers.

Just saw an interesting shot on tv of someone being taken into the hospital with a wound (maybe gunshot, but he didn't seem too injured).

He was basically wearing underwear, but had shoes and socks on.

IMO, he had to take off his "black shirt" uniform before he went to the hospital.

timekeeper posted

he didn't.....

No, he orderd the military to clear them and they would not. Once you let some people get away with crap, everybody thinks they are entitled.

sorry, i stand corrected

timekeeper posted

he didn't.....

Try hard to use what intelligence you may have - the military would not act because the demonstrators were 99.999% peaceful and unarmed. This is a completely different situation.

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

What you said is scary....! If theere is indeed a powerful group of lunatics behind the new world order that made Thailand as their test ground, I would definitely sign up for the FREEDOM ARMY against them.

Go for it... here is the manual:

open your Bible...Ephesians 6

10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15. and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; :)

Oooh - religion and red shirts - no matter - both are all about control!

Dan Rivers forced to mention Red Shirts by CNN after expat pressure?

Sounds a bit like a petulant child to me at the end.

"The situation could get much worse unless a ceasefire is declared soon."

I don't think there's any doubt which side Mr Rivers is taking?

Edit:

Forgot to mention: What colour shirt is Nattawut wearing? Does he look like he's telling the truth to you?

Dan Rivers is running around with Yellow tape on this helmet so what side he is reporting for.

Better to have Orange colour on his helmet if he want to be neutral reporter

Anyway I for one am very proud of the young brave soldiers going in to rid the vermin of the streets whether they are my nationality or not.

Yeah well said. Hat's off to the brave soldiers going about their duties in one of the very worse set of circumstances, fighting people from their own nation.

FULL RESPECT.

seconded....

If the eventual outcome is that most Thais come to their senses and realise that this government were never going to be acceptable and were a mistake and that Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here, then we can move forward as a country.

Can't agree with that one... "Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here"

2006, Thaksin was removed by the Govt/Army and that was when the Red Shirt movement was created..!!

No, the Reds under various names were around much earlier, they just rebranded after

Thaksin was deposed as 'expired, then resigned, Caretaker Prime Minister' .

He then decided, unilaterally, to take the job back after public resignation,

without so much as a by your leave to the procedures for being care taker PM.

The Red shirts were doing the same things but not calling themsdelves red shirts yet.

This group was not born yestereday the roots are nearly a decade old.

Edited by animatic

so house prices in bangkok might come down then. good time to buy?!

Not the place for stand up comedy....people are dying and lots of innocent hard working Thais are currently trapped in the middle of this warzone just because they were forced to go to work in their hotels by management who refused to do the sensible thing and close up shop....See, for some this is not just a reality soap, but a terrifying nightmare...

APC's, Military wearing Balaclavas, Heavy machine guns, and armed police, :)

Now theirs a recipe for disaster.

Disaster for the Reds. A victory for Bangkok. Should the military use sharpened bamboo sticks against M79 grenade launchers & AK47s? The government is going for a victory this time, no more talk. Finally.

:)

The fat lady is going through her voice exercises just offstage. Maybe she will really go onstage this time - and sing?

People who want to blame Abhisit will find ways to do so. Fact remains, this dispersal needed to happen. A diseased kidney does not get excised with toothpicks.

"Where's my song sheet?"

I like your sense of humour and buddha knows how necessary it is to have one, a day without laughter is a day lost, not to lessen the tragic circumstances of all that is happening in Thailand...

timekeeper posted

he didn't.....

sorry, i stand corrected

Don't worry TK, something tells me you arnt the only one being corrected in Bkk at the moment :)

Update: Kwanchai admits they did not assess the situation correctly. He never expected this, he says. Blames govt /via @terryfrd

Kwanchai does not want this. He has big plans for future in Udorn and his 400,000 supporters, listeners 2 his radio station. /via @terryfrd

post-45550-1274238631_thumb.jpg

Just seen on BBC World TV:

A US based Thailand "expert" stuttered and stammered his way through an admission that "the soldiers are in a very difficult position", and "soldiers need to defend themselves"; after being asked by the commentator if he thought human rights abuses were being committed by the government in using live ammunition.

So the BBC are now allowing expression of such opinions.

and this reply is NOT biased!

The BBC & CNN have been 100% behind the Reds giving biased and false information to the world. The difference here is that these are people's opinions, most who live in Thailand, and are not being read and seen around the world like CNN & the BBC. That my friend, is a big, big difference - Apples & oranges. CNN & the BBC have shown during these protests that they are totally unprofessional and have been spewing Red propaganda worldwide.

Thai Government spokesman on TV is saying in Thai and English that this is an operation to contain the "parameter" (perimeter) to stabilize the area and provide security. Still not saying they are attempting to push the protesters out. Reiterates "containment".

Dan Rivers forced to mention Red Shirts by CNN after expat pressure?

Sounds a bit like a petulant child to me at the end.

"The situation could get much worse unless a ceasefire is declared soon."

I don't think there's any doubt which side Mr Rivers is taking?

Edit:

Forgot to mention: What colour shirt is Nattawut wearing? Does he look like he's telling the truth to you?

Dan Rivers is running around with Yellow tape on this helmet so what side he is reporting for.

Better to have Orange colour on his helmet if he want to be neutral reporter

That just tells you how out of touch with the situation he is.

Thailand says crackdown will last entire day

BANGKOK - The Thai government says an operation launched at daybreak to clear protesters from their barricaded encampment in downtown Bangkok will last throughout the day.

Government spokesman Panitan Wattanayagorn says Wednesday's operation is designed "to secure the parameter in several locations in Bangkok."

Panitan appeared on television several hours after the crackdown started.

Armored vehicles and soldiers converged on the protest encampment and have broken through a section of tire-and-bamboo barricade.

Continuous gunfire is being heard from the area.

The Star 2 minutes ago

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...amp;sec=apworld

I disagree

clean up the thugs and contain them

once contained it will be easy to finish

To attack the core would see to many innocents and children die

If you see Thaksin only appears and speak or do something publicly when things are not running well for the Red. This happened again when he condemned the press censorship.

This blame will be on him and hopefully his conscious if he has any. It seem it is his plan to come back to power the same way he was ousted; BY FORCE

He is the one ordering to use any mean, including the children and innocents in his fight. But this need to be stopped and stopped now regardless of what happens in the camp

The red shirt leaders now understand that this is a fight to the end. No negotiated compromise. The leaders will either end up in jail for a long time or be shot dead. I wonder if they will stand and fight or flee to Paris and go shopping for Louis Vuitton with their glorious leader Thaksin the brave. I think the people will fight but leaders are always a little more 'pragmatic'.

In the world today, leaders are not leaders...probably never were.