Visa For India

Hello Guys,

I need to travel to Hyderabad (India) on 30. of May.

I am not a Thai National.

I am not in possession of Thai Work Permit.

I am not in possession of Thai Residence.

My Thai Visa also will be expire on 22. of May. That's the reason why i want to do a Visa run on Saturday and than travel to India on 30th

Can i go to Indian embassy and get a visa? Is there somebody who did this before??

Do i need a invitation later? Is the Indian embassy open for business?

Would be nice to get some answers from you.

Thanks in advance.

I acquired a Visa at the Indian Embassy in August. All visa applications should be made in your country of residence. If the visa application is made in Bangkok and you are not a Thai national you have to bring a copy of your work permit OR residence permit.

I acquired a business visa, and they actually checked my work permit. Apparently, tourist visas can be acquired but according to the website they are dealt with on a case by case basis. I did, however, meet a few Norwegian nationals waiting for their tourist visas, so it can be done without problems.

http://www.indianembassy.in.th/tourist_visa.htm

I have to admit that the Indian Embassy are not overly helpful if you are not resident/working in Thailand.

Foreign nationals who do not hold resident visas in Thailand are dealt with on a case to case basis

Just plead your case that you want to visit India to get away from the current troubles.

Application will take up to one week whilst they check you out with your home country.

You are cutting it too fine and will need a visa run or an extension on your current Thai extension of stay

I am not going to India because of the current situation in Thailand.

I have to work there for 10 days. I am an Engineer and my help is required there.

So a Tourist Visa is good enough. It really takes 1 week to get it?? <deleted>!

But thanks for your help. I will see what can i do.

I have to admit that the Indian Embassy are not overly helpful if you are not resident/working in Thailand.
Foreign nationals who do not hold resident visas in Thailand are dealt with on a case to case basis

Just plead your case that you want to visit India to get away from the current troubles.

Application will take up to one week whilst they check you out with your home country.

You are cutting it too fine and will need a visa run or an extension on your current Thai extension of stay

Indian embassy uses a third party to process the visa apps so the cost has sky rocketed. Are you sure you want to travel to India? I had to go there twice for work assignments and after the last time I swore I would never go back.

I am not going to India because of the current situation in Thailand.

I have to work there for 10 days. I am an Engineer and my help is required there.

So a Tourist Visa is good enough. It really takes 1 week to get it?? <deleted>!

But thanks for your help. I will see what can i do.

India- everything that is simple in other places is a drawn out, ridiculous process there :)

India use a third party Visa place on Sukhumvit, forgot the name though.

I got a business visa ,only just as I could show I have been living in Thailand for 5 years,lucky I took my old passports,a tourist visa is much less hassle.

It took 5 days and was couriered to my home,for an extra fee but saved another trip to Bangkok

You might be hard pressed on this one. I obtained an India Business Visa at the BKK embassy through VFS which is the 3rd party processor. I sent everything to VFS on Monday and received my passport and visa back on Thursday afternoon. You do need to have some form of PR status or a long-term visa (such as NON-O). If you only have a Thai tourist visa, then they may not issue you any visa at all but you could try anyway.

Yup ^^^

Visas for India have become significantly more difficult over the last months, rule changes make it pretty well impossible to get anything other than a tourist visa outside your home country.

It seems India don't want foreigners, even tourists, a TV allows entry, but if you leave the country for any reason, you can't return for 60 days, so no side trips to Nepal or Srilanka. I'll say nothing about the ratio of Indians to Foreigners required on a project (99-1).

Requirements are here http://www.ivac-th.com/documents.aspx#TU

The visa centre is in the Glashaus close to Asoke Skytrain. generally efficient, but make sure you have exactly the documentation they want.

Don't know where the OP is from but 5 countries receive visa on arrival in India - Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand and Singapore.

This started in Jan 2010 and will continue for a year on an experimental basis as i understand.

The visas given on arrival for the nationals of these five countries will have a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility which will be given initially by the immigration officers at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata airports.