Aeon Atm Withdrawal - Careful

Yes, this is the second time I have had to deal with it. The first time, AEON was of no help. Had to do it all through my US bank. Had to fill out and fax a dispute form. The funds were eventually credited to my account. There is a phone number on the AEON atm receipt, but all they say is that you need to contact the bank that issued the atm card.

Yes, this is the second time I have had to deal with it. The first time, AEON was of no help. Had to do it all through my US bank. Had to fill out and fax a dispute form. The funds were eventually credited to my account. There is a phone number on the AEON atm receipt, but all they say is that you need to contact the bank that issued the atm card.

Thank you for the information--Good luck again

I have had this problem with the AEON ATM's as well at Airport Plaza Chiang Mai having 2 X 6000B debited from 2 separate accounts and not receiving any cash from the machine.

Was eventually reimbursed after filing claims

AEON staff were disinterested in helping with the claims at the time.

Beware using AEON - for UK Nationwide Flexi account holders be advised that there is NO 150B charge at the Ayudayha (yellow) ATM's

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, same thing happened to me at an Aeon machine at Central Festival in Phuket a couple years ago. Went inside the Aeon branch it was attached to (was with my Thai wife) and they were INCREDIBLY unhelpful, almost rude. Took ages to get back, and no apology or attempt to explain or ANYTHING. A very bad experience.

Once Bitten

Happened to me about 7 months ago and took some pretty nasty e-mails to my bank in the end to get the money back. Now opened a Thai bank account and make over the counter withdrawals, which I put straight in my Thai bank. Now its 150 baht a pop (apart from AEON) its just not worth using ATMS anymore imo.

• 1 month later...

It just happened to me. I tried to withdraw at Silom complex, with a UK Nationwide, and it told me to contact my bank and didn't give me anything. Next day I went to MBK, worked fine and I got the money.

But just checked the statement, and both billed me. I'm more than 140.00 pounds sterling down. So I've just contacted my bank and off I go.

However, I used the yellow bank of Ayutthya bank atm about two weeks ago when I first arrived, with the same card, and definitely WAS charged 150.00 Thai Baht.

So I guess I'll have to try and open an account.

• 3 weeks later...

Last month I tried to withdraw first 7000B and then 5000B at Aeon ATM Lotus Krabi. Got no money and no receipt. But money has been taken from my account.

So stay away from Aeon. Too much trouble to try and save 150 B. I haver had any problems withdrawing with VISA at any other bank in Thailand.

In November of 2009, I used the ATM machine In North Pattaya Lotus branch, lost 15,000 baht within a second or two. As noted in other replies I had to contact my bank in the U.S. to dispute the transaction, within 5 days I was given the money back to my account. This is usually done once Aeon does a audit on the machine and have a overage I guess?

In December of same year 2009, I was at Carrefour in Pattaya Klang, needed some cash and thought no way is it going to happen again. Stuck card in for 10,000 baht and got nothing... this time big problems! called my bank again explain the situation even with my bank I felt like I was pulling a scam on Aeon but they put the money back into my account but in January of 2010, I notice that my own bank had taken back the 10,000 baht. Upset I called them in the States and my bank told me that Aeon Bank contacted them through wire transmission that the transaction was valid that was the reason why the money was removed again from my account. My bank email the copy of the wire transmission and it indicated that they have photos of me receiving the money!

I went to the Pattaya North Branch, they put me on the phone again! someone somewhere who knows,, kept me on hold and now says to me they have no record of the transaction in December but do for November! I indicated that I have a wire transmission from Aeon that can show the transaction does exit and the reason I was here was to request proof of the photos that I received the money! I am not a crook! Sorry Sir we don't have record of transaction! Dead end?

Did research on Aeon on Google, and found out that they might have offices in Bangkok I wanted to speak to a live body so that I can provide my side and proof of the transaction! The have Aeon offices near this big building across from Soi Cowboy on Asoke, checked the directory in the building and they have offices for something? on the 25-26-27-28 floors got to the 26 floor, some ladies behind a counter, barely can speak English and put on that phone again? told my story again, put on hold again, lady came back said sorry sir we gave you money! we gave you money! I told me no no no! I want to see the proof, who can I see and where in person? sorry sir we gave you money! Dead end! I have google and email everyone that I can no answer from Aeon! From my reaction from the staff at Pattaya Branch this is a very common thing!

Nine months later, nothing! out of 10,000 baht, I will never do business with them since they have turn a mistake into being a dishonest business. I pretty much have given up since there is no live body with any power to do anything! My next step is to paste signs over their ATM'S so others Expat don't have to go through what I have gone through just to save a dam_n 150Baht!

Last month I tried to withdraw first 7000B and then 5000B at Aeon ATM Lotus Krabi. Got no money and no receipt. But money has been taken from my account.

So stay away from Aeon. Too much trouble to try and save 150 B. I never had any problems withdrawing with VISA at any other bank in Thailand.

As a follow up I got the money back from my bank in EU temporarily.

But they told me it will take some time before it is completely resolved. And if Aeon does not confirm that I did not get the cash they will take the money again and furthermore charge me a fee of around 2000 baht. So I will probably end being down around 14000 B trying to save 150 b. Not good.

So stay away from Aeon as they don't seem to be an honest company.

• 2 weeks later...

"I went to the Pattaya North Branch, they put me on the phone again!"

Can you say where the North Pattaya AEON Branch is located or any directions on how to get there?

Thanks in advance for any information.

In Pattaya, The Aeon Branch is located inside the Mall across from the Book store. It is located on the otherside from Pattaya City Hall ( Pattaya Nua ) or up from the Dolphin Circle up past Moon River Pub or the Fairtex Hotel and Sports Club. Up for Central Big C. to the Dolphin Circle / around it hard right turn past the market on corner now go up around a mile and entrance is on the left inside Tesco North.

Good luck, if you take money out of ATM, have a attendant watch the transaction after you put your pin number in! that way you have a witness!