Hard Times- As The Bhat Climbs Still Higher.

GuestHouse

When the THB was between 65~75 to the Pound the dregs of British society rushed over, bought themselves a Toyota Fortuna and waddled around the place full of beer, covered in Tattoos and only held upright by the efforts of their attendant IPD.

The decline of Sterling has reversed their fortunes and they are quietly sneaking back home - Their previous statements regarding never setting foot in the UK again air brushed out along with their rants about foreigners ruining the UK as they frantically apply for a visa for 'their' Tee-lak.

The truth is, hurt as it might, that for decades the Bht/Sterling exchange rate sat around 35~38 - the past 15 years of cheap Bht has never been the norm.

It might have been a long weekend, but for the weekend millionaires its 'game over baby'!

The Chelsea Bar, The Old Vic Bar, The Bob’s Your Uncle Bar, The Fish’n’Chip Bar and more than a few Fortunas are all up for sale while the Farang Built Mansions in many a tin shack village in the arse end of Isaan start their rapid decline as funds from Blighty and the Euro zone are no longer available from the local ‘Money-Over Desk’.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

You always get the best for the bang after crisis and currency devaluation. I wish there was a web site out there tracking these sorts of 'deals' as they occur. I bet Greece is cheaper right now.

Did they devalue the Drackmar !? :) I bet Greece is the same price in Euro's it was before the Crisis.

You always get the best for the bang after crisis and currency devaluation. I wish there was a web site out there tracking these sorts of 'deals' as they occur. I bet Greece is cheaper right now.

--------------------------------------------------

:)

I live in Greece....well Crete actually.

If you're refering to the Euro/Dollar exchange rate...Yes it is getting better. The exchange rate is down from $1.40 to a Euro and is now running about $1.30 to a Euro. So it's cheaper that way.

If you're refering to hotel room rates and such...they haven't changed much. The high season is starting...so don't expect much by way of discounts. They expect you to carry them through the low season...so they want your money now.

Same as Thailand.

:D