Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

Unless he is guilty of criminal acts, let it go.

Personally I have no problem with farangs being politically involved.

I am with you on the latter part...

Well I do have a problem. A nation's politics are a business for that nation's citizens and all other should <deleted> and keep out of it.

The only exceptions I would consider would be if the issue was transnational and involved human rights abuses, human trafficing or illegal trade in endangered species. Another example would be projects involving large scale environmental destruction.

This mindless thug is just another member of rent-a-mob. The bunch of hooligans who spend their lives travelling from protest to protest causing trouble hopefully, in their minds, leading to riot and looting where they can make some money. You see them at all the big summits, G8 etc, and most of them don't even know what they are protesting for. But they are seen tio be exercising their "democratic right" but unfortunately it's left to the rest of democracy to pick up the tab.

Getting involved in Thai politics is a sign that you care about the country and there is nothing wrong with taking an interest in the country you live in. In a lot of countries foreigners living there are involved in politics.

What is wrong is to instigate hate, violence, etc. But that goes for everybody, regardless of their nationality.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife says someone on the Thai boards says he lives in North Pattaya off the Naklua road in the temple schools area.

Jeff, if you are monitoring, better get that big stick ready for some action, some representatives of Central World may be on their way over.........

my wife says someone on the Thai boards says he lives in North Pattaya off the Naklua road in the temple schools area.

Jeff, if you are monitoring, better get that big stick ready for some action, some representatives of Central World may be on their way over.........

This posts is incitement of te same type as his threats although the level may be less.

I am with you on the latter part...

Well I do have a problem. A nation's politics are a business for that nation's citizens and all other should <deleted> and keep out of it.

The only exceptions I would consider would be if the issue was transnational and involved human rights abuses, human trafficing or illegal trade in endangered species. Another example would be projects involving large scale environmental destruction.

This mindless thug is just another member of rent-a-mob. The bunch of hooligans who spend their lives travelling from protest to protest causing trouble hopefully, in their minds, leading to riot and looting where they can make some money. You see them at all the big summits, G8 etc, and most of them don't even know what they are protesting for. But they are seen tio be exercising their "democratic right" but unfortunately it's left to the rest of democracy to pick up the tab.

Are you all saying that the Farang did not physically light the fire, he should be free to go?

What about Thaksin. He was seen shopping in Paris, I don't think he lit the fire as well.

Also the Red leaders, they were with the police when the arson happened.

See, double standard.

Edited by Rucharee

This posts is incitement of te same type as his threats although the level may be less.

i am surprised you view it that way Harrry

you must be of a sensitive nature being from Chang Mai

i saw it as more of a warning to him, if he is looking in......

Edited by timekeeper

The Central Group cannot be happy right now for sure! Brand new hotel damaged and their beautiful mall destroyed. What a shame! Hope someone is there to capture the moment on video if and when he is dragged out of whatever hole he is hiding in. Big question is who will find him first? Blackshirts may have him dead and burried before he can roll over on them?

The guy is just a stupid loud mouth.

Everytime he opens his mouth he says something incriminating about his red brothers.

If I was the govt, I would take him into protective custidy and let him keep spewing his <deleted>.

Great anti red and anti red leadership stuff.

If I were the Reds, I would shut him up!!

Edited by mmushr00m

Assuming you guys saw this one? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...dy-Bangkok.html

Not the best ambassador the UK has ever had.

A complete idiot. Hopefully he will be caught fairly soon

This must be one of the few topics where 99.9% of members agree. :)

Would be interesting to know how much he got paid and by whom,

"Jeff Savage, a British expatriate supporter of the Reds, said he was originally paid expenses by the movement to transport food and drink daily from his home town of Pattaya, southeast of Bangkok."

Link: http://www.news24.com/World/News/Thai-Reds...t-base-20100421

my wife reads the Thai message boards and forums and she says they are referring to Jeff Savage as a "Dead Man Walking"

she said they claim to be sending people to find him in Pattaya this weekend

as with most unsubstantiated claims on forums, you might want a pinch of salt with that .........

I hope he hasn't got any paranoid tendencies,else I can imagine him being found at the base of a tall building.Then there could be a 30 page thread on the conspiracy

theories of did he jump or was he pushed.

Are you all saying that the Farang did not physically light the fire, he should be free to go?

What about Thaksin. He was seen shopping in Paris, I don't think he lit the fire as well.

Thaksin will certainly never be charged or punished over the fires, so why should the farang? Why the double standards.

Also the Red leaders, they were with the police when the arson happened.

See, double standard.

Huh? I said nothing of the sort. Unfortunately there are those who would defend him under the pretext of freedom of speech but I view his tirades as incitement and to jail he should go followed by deportation.

I don't understand what you are saying about Thaksin and the Red leaders. Are you saying because they didn't actually light the fire they are innocent? If so, Pol Pot never actually killed anyone so he too had no blood on his hands. Thaksin, as a CEO, will fully understand the term "corporate responsibility".

As for foreigners getting involved in a country's politics because they love the place there is a difference between taking an interest and joining in heavy gauge protests violent or not. Foreigners have no vote and no political voice, the only thing they can do is try and educate the Thais they come into contact with. But beware, Thai politics is a minefield and Thai politicians don't take kindly to meddling from those of the wrong persuation.

I stand by one of my original points, are we doing any good, are we helping any potential visitors to Thailand gain information?

And your original point is just as irrelevant now as it was in the original post. Our goal here is not to make Eagle in the Boy Scouts or receive the Gold Award in the Girl Scouts. Really, it isn't. I've explained to you what it is.

Yawn. But if by "good" (a very subjective notion, as witnessed by the opinions forcefully held by one Mr. Jeff Savage) you mean "helping any potential visitors to Thailand gain information," then fortuitously in this instance the answer is yes.

Over the course of 27 pages (as of this writing), potential visitors have indeed been helped to learn as much as can be known publicly about a current resident of Thailand should they wish to know it. In another 27 pages, a few more facts may emerge.

And they've learned what a lot of people think about that resident and his actions.

Finally, potential visitors have learned much about the posters on TV--many of whom live here: their remarkably varied levels of maturity, education, and grace; their opinions and speculations about all sorts of off-topic subjects; their opinions about one another; and what kinds of responses the potential visitors may expect should they post here or, heaven forbid, wish to imitate Mr. Jeff Savage.

And that's about it, as for helping the potential visitors in this particular thread. Happy? Now, to continue entertaining ourselves . . . .

Edited by JSixpack

Well Mr. Savage admitted to working in Thailand without a work permit. That is clearly breaking the law. He needs to pay taxes on what he earned to help rebuild the devastation. Maybe some community service in Bangkok would be good for him too. Does anyone know if he speaks Thai? It would be pretty absurd (moronic) if he could only utter a few words being os involved with Thais who do not speak a stitch of English.

Uncletom

From the Sun story:

"The war is over for the time being. Now everybody is looking for red-shirts. But in two months time things will start up again. The attacks will begin".

He should have stuck with his original, contrite tone, and his explanation that he was just being "sarcastic", which only left one to puzzle at his understanding of that word.

At this time, this kind of seditious talk from a Thai would result in incarceration. People are being arrested for a lot less at the moment.

This guy needs to get back on his barstool and put a bottle in that big mouth of his or he'll soon find himself bargaining for a sleeping spot in a Thai prison with 45 of his closest friends.

It would get up my nose in a big way to have "visitors" getting involved politically in my home country. Especially when it's an inhouse affair.

Sympathizing is one thing, joining in well thats another.

As you say if he hasn't done anything then probably best let it go, but I don't think I'd be in any rush to issue another visa to this rent-a-crowd idiot

isn't this an internal matter for some of the more level headed brits in pattaya to handle .

i mean , the old fashioned way . locate this guy and , ya' know, teach him the meaning of respect ?

You mean assault him for threatening assault? That's clever. You're just the same as he is, mate.

HE'S BEEN TO SEE THE POLICE IN PATTAYA ALREADY!!! Some people would be better reading the thread before they post.

For protection?

From Himself?

No idea. But there are pictures on twitter. I'd post them here if I knew how to link them. He was standing outside the police station with the journalist who uploaded the pics. Looking contrite and not very threatening I might add.

HE'S BEEN TO SEE THE POLICE IN PATTAYA ALREADY!!! Some people would be better reading the thread before they post.

For protection?

From Himself?

Did his visit to the police happen before or after he gave that interview to the Sun? A translation of that interview into Thai could make whatever earlier butt-kissing he did completely irrelevant.