Speedcamera's

monty

Speed Kills!!!

Nice to hear they are doing a professional job. :)

do not presume they were interested in any other safety related motoring offences, like no helmets, persons riding in the back of pick up trucks, unsafe loads, overloaded motor bikes etc?

SPEED DOESN"T KILL!!!

It matters the way how the vehicle get stopped. By trees or cemet post, etc.

Speed Kills!!!

do not presume they were interested in any other safety related motoring offences, like no helmets, persons riding in the back of pick up trucks, unsafe loads, overloaded motor bikes etc?

whats an overloaded motorbike------------more than 4 adults plus one kid or do you mean too many accessories-----mirrors and chrome that sort of thing

U forgot to mention the dog sitting in the front, the dog, who drives toe motorbike

I got done on this stretch yesterday and paid THB 200. -

The tripod is under a bridge in the middle of the road, rather than to the left hand side.

I have noticed them several times already under that bridge,as well as today,but I never see the second half of the team.How did they stop you?

Two cops in the road with those mini light saber things. They were a long way ahead of the speed trap though - at least 3 km's.

But they're all under bridges so just have to slow down when one comes into view.

But that stretch of road is what? 20kms long? how much quicker are you going to get home speeding for 20kms?

• 1 month later...

Last two days early afternoon the camera is manned under the bridge with at the sukhumvith exit 4 to 5 policemen with a big book and a pen each,and lots of customers.

By the way when I passed today,I'm usually heading the other way at that time,they taking photo's of the cars direction Pattaya with 3 policemen in full view while at the same time 5 cars in row were using the exit at that location as an entrance.No idea if they also get stopped at sukhumvith.

Stupid question perhaps, but is the speed limit actually posted anywhere? And are we certain the limit is 90 kph? Seems so low for such a nice road--surely it was designed with much higher speeds in mind.

Saw the police today at the end of the new motorway (pattaya end) whilst on the way back from BKK . They were pulling people in that had been clocked speeding back along the new stretch. Luckily for me I wasn't going above 80kmh as my car was running on vapours!! Just made the gas station on the Suk before it started to die!!

Stupid question perhaps, but is the speed limit actually posted anywhere? And are we certain the limit is 90 kph? Seems so low for such a nice road--surely it was designed with much higher speeds in mind.

I believe that the blanket speed limit is 90 kph. There is a higher limit of 120kph on motorways and reduced limit of 60 kph within the inner and outer limits of towns/cities. Not that you would know it to judge from the speeds that everyone drives at! The police just love to sit on open stretches of road where like this where it is nigh on impossible to keep your speed down to 90kph if you keep up with rest of the traffic.

• 1 month later...

Just a comment about "teaching Thais how to drive". Remember you are not dealing with a farang from back home. You are in Thai territory now, and even if you are right, they will get very pissed, and are you willing to have a fight or even shoot out with someone? I made a mistake on my bike one night, and the guy stared at me for a long time, then followed me around town, then finally gave up I guess. Things can get pretty nasty on the road, as im sure most of you have read, so probably better to just enjoy the thought that he will probably end up in an accident soon. I dont know if the is a gen for driving, but seems that certain people dont have it.

I believe that the blanket speed limit is 90 kph. There is a higher limit of 120kph on motorways and reduced limit of 60 kph within the inner and outer limits of towns/cities. Not that you would know it to judge from the speeds that everyone drives at! The police just love to sit on open stretches of road where like this where it is nigh on impossible to keep your speed down to 90kph if you keep up with rest of the traffic.

You are correct gmac, just to add the limit on the railway side road is 50kmh, just need to point that out to the a-holes that seem to think driving through the junctions on that road at 100 + is okay, IT"S NOT!!!!! You are supposed to give way to traffic crossing the road from the right!!!!!!

The speed limit on the new part of the highway is 90 KMH as is the rest of it, apart from the motorway, which is 120 KMH

The use of speed cameras is not new in Thailand, there have been several cases of people receiving fines by post, with a picture of the car and speed / location, I can testify first hand on this, coz I've had one! (over 2 years ago)

'Hint' favourite place is between KM 108 - KM 107...........

I can vouch for that as well got a nice pic from the leasing company from a camera near to BKK aiprort KM 21 after the second toll booth 500 THB fine in the last month

You are correct gmac, just to add the limit on the railway side road is 50kmh, just need to point that out to the a-holes that seem to think driving through the junctions on that road at 100 + is okay, IT"S NOT!!!!! You are supposed to give way to traffic crossing the road from the right!!!!!!

Not too sure you are correct about giving way to the right on those junctions. I believe that as the traffic lights are set with a flashing red light on the East-West roads and flashing orange on the railway roads the priority is with the traffic on those railway roads. That is not, I would agree, however, an excuse for the reckless driving of your favourite 'a-holes' who should be 'proceeding with caution' not blasting through as if they owned the road.

Not too sure you are correct about giving way to the right on those junctions. I believe that as the traffic lights are set with a flashing red light on the East-West roads and flashing orange on the railway roads the priority is with the traffic on those railway roads. That is not, I would agree, however, an excuse for the reckless driving of your favourite 'a-holes' who should be 'proceeding with caution' not blasting through as if they owned the road.

There is supposed to be no stopping on the yellow box junction (according to the video at the driving liscence place) so those that are already on the yellow box have priority 1, makes sense really, cant have traffic stopping on the yellow boxes when there are trains around!!

There is supposed to be no stopping on the yellow box junction (according to the video at the driving liscence place) so those that are already on the yellow box have priority 1, makes sense really, cant have traffic stopping on the yellow boxes when there are trains around!!

I know for sure that at the sscc junction there is a stop sign for traffic on sscc right before the junction.

Speed Kills!!!

No it doesn'twhistling.gif

traffic light cameras, speed cameras, what next? this place is like a Disneyland version of home. anyone know the thai for "ello ello, who do you think you are, Stirlin' Moss?"

I know for sure that at the sscc junction there is a stop sign for traffic on sscc right before the junction.

it has stop signs on all FOUR streets at the crossing. Welcome to creative traffic management...:whistling: