If You Were Really Rich In Los

Thomas_Merton

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us say, for arguments sake, you were really rich (at least as rich as a recently acquitted American pop star – who must never be mentioned again in this thread) and living in Thailand.

What fantasies would you be playing out?

I'd produce and direct "ThaiVisa - The movie"

:o:D:D

Let us say, for arguments sake, you were really rich (at least as rich as a recently acquitted American pop star – who must never be mentioned again in this thread) and living in Thailand.

Buy a fantasy parked staffed by girls all of whom are alone and without ANY family. They must be 100% female and at least 20 years of age and enjoy sleep over parties. Oh and a kebab shop....

I'd buy a nice apartment in Bangkok, a resort in Phuket and a small resort in Iceland and a lighthouse in Scotland.

Then I'd moan about how I was spoiled for choice and how people only loved me for my money and I'd buy a Yamaha keyboard and an Apple Mac and write a film/musical in which I'd play a cameo role when it was filmed.

I'd spend half my time in Thailand and the other half somewhere else and I'd fall in love with a beautiful maiden who I'd lied to about my weath, leading her to believe I was deputy assistant manager for HMV in Hemel Hempstead but she wouldn't mind because, because, because...

Because of the wonderful things he does, la da da da da da da!

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz etc... etc...

i would throw toxin a few quid to have my own little island off Thailand, declare it as an independant state, then i would become king and have my own laws one of which would be only beautiful ladies allowed and they must all be naked. I would have my own army all female of course and i would maybe ship a few mates from the uk out for a bit of company, of course a HUGE house with go cart tracks around the island, my own theme park, my own pub etc etc i could go on but how long have you got!!!! :o

I would have purchased an island, built a house and a runway and got a Gulfstream for myself...  :o then thought of taking few movies on farangs life in LOS

I almost built a house last year one a small island with my own lagoon. So romantic sounding. Plenty of privacy etc. On second thought I did not like the idea of having to wait for the ferry whenenver and if it ran. (Besides the place was not big enough to accomodate the runway needed for my Gulfstream :D )

Seriously, instead I built a house at the edge of the jungle close enough to town but far enough away from the tourists, as well as 200 meters above sea level.

It was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. The island was off Nam Khem, a small fishing village where on December 26th over 60 % of the inhabitants were either dead or are still missing missing. On that fateful day I would have become fish food. :D

Greetings, the ol Capt, happily retired.

I am as rich as him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>he's broke! :o

I would get the largest Benz I could find, drive it arrogantly while talking at length on my mobile phone to impress lesser businessmen. I would dress right up, displaying my huge precious gem ring with pride, whilst shopping thrice weekly at Emporium and Central Chidlom. I would FORCE my wife to make me proud by wearing garish outfits as if mutton had dressed as lamb, whilst sporting a hairdo that resembles a tidal wave and jewellery that looks as if she's trying too hard.

I WOULD be treated as a VIP wherever I go, whether it's the queue at the cake counter, the lift, the car park, the police station or Poseidon massage. I would allow my daughter to spend my money on cars, phones, handbags and sexy outfits because I love her and want her to retain strict cultural values. She should not become too close to any foreigners though due to the effect on our family status.

I WILL reserve the best seat in the restaurant on a permanent basis to schmooze with civil servants and have the Black Label clearly on display prior to my arrival. I will laugh loudly and employ the services of some pretty young things to make bystanders respect me and to give me the self-esteem I deserve.

....or is this just "what would you do if you were rich (and wanted to fit in) in LOS? I guess I'm jaded with the showy rich crowd. No respect.

I would end the leprosy cycle. Proper hygiene and diet would end the transfer from parents to children, so it could be done in a low tech manner. The general vibe would be improved that wee bit.

For me businesss as usual, women fawning over me.

I'd leave college and go get laid with different girls every day. 

Sorry but I'm sure you'd all love to do the same.

Where do you live...

That´s what we are all doing here :o:D

(Thomas_Merton @ 2005-06-14 11:02:23)

I´d build a ranch, and call it neverland.... :D:D

Edited by kayo

...and learn to fly a Helicopter.

I know I'm nitpicking, but foreigners are no longer allowed to learn to fly helicopters in Thailand. (believe it or not, it's supposedly to prevent terrorism :o )

Anyway, we all know if money was no object, we wouldn't be working, and we'd probably not be living in Thailand (except maybe during the cool season).

One of the main reasons for being in Thailand is that it's a cheap place to have a pretty good standard of living. However, if money's no object that reason disappears and places like the south of France, or Florida (Disneyworld) beckon. Outside of the cool season Thailand is basically too hot to be truly comfortable, especially if money isn't an issue.

Personally - with money no object, I'd hire a tutor for the kids, buy a boat (like Greg's), and go around the world SLOWLY, staying in port for a month or so at each stop. (long enough to go to places like Disneyworld when in Florida, but not so long that you have to worry about tax...)

Edited by bkk_mike