More Visa Questions From The U.s.

I really appreciate the additional information all have given me about getting the longest possible visa from the U.S. Alas, to follow some of this intriguing advice gives rise to a few more questions. If you will be so kind....

1) *************** If I decide to simply apply for tourist visa, how long should I indicate I hope to stay --only 60 days, 90, or more??*********

2) I favor the suggestion to apply to the Texas consulate, but does it matter that it is not the consulate district designated for my area?

3) Retirement/retreat was also mentioned, does it mean one essentially has to deposit $20,000 into a Thai bank, or just indicate you actually have that much?

4) For a multiple entry there's the idea of saying I want to possibly invest...um, what are a few typical, small-time, farang investments that wouldn't require pre-existing business documentation?

5) Nowhere on the the visa applications did I find mention of visiting a "friend" ----only family or spouse.

a) If I were to state that, would I need to provide the name and address of a Thai national?

:o Also, would I have to support the story--because I haven't been anywhere in years; and,

c) I am in the somewhat less common situation of being a woman, so would I need to claim a boyfriend? (I'm just gonna risk assuming that women's gay rights haven't hit some new high I have never heard about )(Sorry, my idea of humor).

--Thanks, Dosdes.

1) *************** If I decide to simply apply for tourist visa, how long should I indicate I hope to stay --only 60 days, 90, or more??*********
max it out, like 90day mutiple visa or triple if can, what-ever they can offer you, the more the better, you'll never know you might need it , it doesn't hurt to have more, you're not loosing anything.
2) I favor the suggestion to apply to the Texas consulate, but does it matter that it is not the consulate district designated for my area?

i think which ever state you apply for thai visa, it will be send to that main head quarter, for sure i know that hawaii have their own consulate cause i have my visa done there, the guy was signing it while i was sitting there waiting for it. same day service.