Thai Government Accuses Reds Over Huge Weapons Cache

webfact

still the same circle jerk going on here.

Will piss myself laughing if the 'reds' win an election come november... this year or next.

which they may very well do, aided in part by 80+ martyrs, perfect head shots, rebel factions and official feet dragging...

AI are in a tricky situation, clearly the govt are military stooges, and not 'popularly elected' (parliamentary deal is the current phrase used).

On the other hand we have, Powerful overseas forces / hardcore lefties, and plain old peaceful reds (like my wife and family - who have done nothing to deserve being labelled as anti-M, or terrorist supporters). Many people think these people make up the majority of voting Thais.

circle jerk away, at the end of the day crosses on ballot papers will decide.

If the fact that the 'reds' win an election upsets you so much... fantastic. bugger off.

Nothing would please me more than seeing the resorts free of sexpats and farang frequented go go's, and retired old farts with no intention of integrating into Thai life!

I guess many of the folk here are on a one way ticket to old age and death... slash and burn expat tourism.

:)

Edited by whiterussian

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! Merriam Webster: Violent or destructive acts (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands <insurrection and revolutionary terror>.

Seizing an airport falls under a very destructive act in my book. Just as violent acts in order to intimidate do.

You gloss over the very definition example you chose to use.

Bombing at the airport?

You did not watch my link in a earlyer Reply here. Or should I say you did not want to watch it? Enough weapons in the hand of the Reds to see there.

Please feel free to repost it.

I am not averse to looking at anything.

Page 9 Post 243 but here is the link anyway Red Shirt Weapon and Violence

Many thanks. Yes, they had weapons. I never denied it. Sadly, however, it would appear that despite all the pictures of the M16's being waved around in the air, the vast majority of soldiers that were killed were killed with grenades. Several of those pictures are supposedly taken at times before the major crack down at Rajprasong.

Where are the pictures of the "Huge Arms Cache", as reported today.

Unarmed Reds, Amnesty International decrying the treatment of the poor innocents - BS, pure BS. Armed militants who should be treated as enemy combatants, if shown to have participated in a violent way.

Amnesty International are a total disgrace.

Trashing their reputation.

The last two years (and we are not just talking about Thailand here) have been an embarrassment.

So very right, thanks for the post!

Holy moly. looks like we have our very own Al-Quaeda. What's next, training camps? Suicide bombers? Truly scary.

Did current Thai government found any nuclear weapons of WMD (lucky the dont have any American like Donald Rumsfeld with them) or any links to involvement of China?

On a serious note, now they can find and show anything they like.

They've shown tremendous ineptitude the whole time. No real reason to wonder why they would stray from that course.

How have they been inept? Whilst i disagree with the reds i think their protests was generally very well planned. The government response, on the other hand, was hopeless - especially for the first two months.

rambling, rambling ...

The government has no credibility here with the international community. This is just a fact. it is not debatable even by the kiss ups here who either get paid to post or are just misinformed.

... more rambling...

The absolute truth, thank you Ernie. I like people who know they are right, no debate necessary, I can go sleep now.

I thought they only found the M60 bullets

What would be the point of bringing the bullets to the protest site if they didn't have anything to fire them with? If they really didn't have the gun then the bullets were no danger to anyone.

I never bothered to read the whole thread, just the title.

Seems to me that the Government troops had much better weapons than the Red Shirts, are they willing to lay them out for show, including the snipers who were killing people ?

I never saw one Red Shirt Tank or APC, I never saw one armed to the teeth Red Shirt Division advancing on Government troops firing live ammunition, I never saw One Red Shirt Sniper picking off Thai Soldiers, I never saw one Red Shirt Water Cannon, I never saw One child of a Soldier killed. I never saw one wife of a Soldier Killed

I saw 4 days of stories of crying nurses in a hospital because they were upset about Read Shirts looking for Snipers I see nothing about the Red Shirts that were shot in the head by the snipers, that's all forgotten

Now the focus is on luxury shopping malls, forget about the dead.

I only saw what the Thai government wanted me to see, and thats what most of you guys saw as well............and believe me, that's all we are going to be able to talk about too, because we must tow the government line, if not, we are terrorists, sound familiar, GWB ?

Edited by GM1955

I never bothered to read the whole thread, just the title.

Seems to me that the Government troops had much better weapons than the Red Shirts.

I never saw one Red Shirt Tank or APC, I never saw one armed to the teeth Red Shirt Division advancing on Government troops firing live ammunition, I never saw One Red Shirt Sniper picking off Thai Soldiers, I never saw one Red Shirt Water Cannon, I never saw One child of a Soldier killed. I never saw one wife of a Soldier Killed, I only saw what the Thai government wanted me to see, and thats what most of you guys saw as well............

The UDD broadcast PTV was available till begin of May. Lots of info on the internet. Tweets, twits and facebook. Unreadable Thai blogs, etc. Had you asked we would have pointed them out to you.

The True reds Started off By peaceful means, Then I think the hard line took the opportunity to cause mayhem, And some people just jumped on the Bandwagon because they like anarchy, I think the Thai government showed great restraint, There was never going to be any Winners.

By orders from mr.T, hes only way to come back to Thailand was that the reds overthrow the Govenment.

'Puea Thai party to grill PM and four ministers; will nominate Chalerm as premier' http://bit.ly/cjvdis

Not only does the PTP support these red terrorists now they want to intall a person totally devoid of morals and principles as the next PM of Thailand.

They have no shame.

I have a dream, or actually a nightmare: K. Chalerm as interim PM and his two, able sons as helpers. Please don't step on any's toes.

Actually, "Dr. (PhD)" Police Captain Chalerm has 3 sons... all of whom have had run-ins with the uhmm... police.

truthtoday10020508who.jpg

Duangchalerm (2nd left), Wanchalerm (far right) and Artharn Yoobamrung (far left)

What they have done wrong? Care to explain?

Exactly! Merriam Webster: Violent or destructive acts (as bombing) committed by groups in order to intimidate a population or government into granting their demands <insurrection and revolutionary terror>.

Seizing an airport falls under a very destructive act in my book. Just as violent acts in order to intimidate do.

Bombing at the airport?

Oh dear. Bombing is one example of "violent or destructive acts". Any attack on a country's infrastructure as a means to gain a political goal is considered an act of terrorism. It does not specifically limit the act to use of bombs. Over and out.

and plain old peaceful reds (like my wife and family - who have done nothing to deserve being labelled as anti-M, or terrorist supporters).

Did your wife and family ever denounce the Red Leaders who DID spout anti-M and terroristic statements?

• Like 1

Holy moly. looks like we have our very own Al-Quaeda. What's next, training camps? Suicide bombers? Truly scary.

Remove the religious aspect and suicide bombers, and we already had this.

Remember Sae Daeng training grenade throwers publicly,

while threatening PAD with possibility of being attacked by angry persons...

and then of course they DID get attacked by grenades.

There have been cells trained all around north east Thailand,

as well as the indoctrination "Red Academies", this was an organized insurrection,

masquerading as a protest for democracy.... the front and shield.

So true!

I thought they only found the M60 bullets

What would be the point of bringing the bullets to the protest site if they didn't have anything to fire them with? If they really didn't have the gun then the bullets were no danger to anyone.

Watching TV on the 8th and the 9th the day before the first battle. Thai police and army would walk into the red area and leave weapons or allow them to be taken. Go check Nation TV they covered it. The reds loaded many truck loads and returned them under protest. How much stuff got hide by people thinking they can sell it later. How much was supposed to be found later? I am sure some of the reds had weapons, but bags of belted ammo would have come for the truck load of M60 they did return, and I saw them. Why was the government doing that the day before the first crackdown. Not a conspiracy theory. 60million witnesses. I wish I had a PVR at the time but sure others saw it. Nation be real reporter and ask about that. Bet they don't allow it.

Bombing at the airport?

Over and out.

You're right. I really should have just posted hammered's pinned post from earlier instead of making my initial reply.

What the yellows did was bad but what the reds have done now is way way off the scale.

Only a complete indoctrinated fool or lunatic would ever use the "but the yellows" argument again.

PINNED!!! That will save all of us hundreds of unnecessary replies.

Whatever the Government and Military come out with is GOSPEL.

Whoever questions any information being feed to us is a red shirt apologist terrorist..

I should be met with a jail sentence actually, burning tyres 7 years so I reckon questioning any official story should be 5 years... that is how we real democrats do thing...

Anybody else besides me find it sadly ironic that someone with the screename fire...is defending burning tyres?

Hes a red troll :)

still the same circle jerk going on here.

Will piss myself laughing if the 'reds' win an election come november... this year or next.

which they may very well do, aided in part by 80+ martyrs, perfect head shots, rebel factions and official feet dragging...

AI are in a tricky situation, clearly the govt are military stooges, and not 'popularly elected' (parliamentary deal is the current phrase used).

On the other hand we have, Powerful overseas forces / hardcore lefties, and plain old peaceful reds (like my wife and family - who have done nothing to deserve being labelled as anti-M, or terrorist supporters). Many people think these people make up the majority of voting Thais.

circle jerk away, at the end of the day crosses on ballot papers will decide.

If the fact that the 'reds' win an election upsets you so much... fantastic. bugger off.

Nothing would please me more than seeing the resorts free of sexpats and farang frequented go go's, and retired old farts with no intention of integrating into Thai life!

I guess many of the folk here are on a one way ticket to old age and death... slash and burn expat tourism.

:)

You don't like your wife being labelled anti M or a terrorist well yes i can understand that.

But then you go on to label anyone who isn't a red supporter as a sexpat that doesn't integrate in Thai society.

don't you see the double standard here ?

'Puea Thai party to grill PM and four ministers; will nominate Chalerm as premier' http://bit.ly/cjvdis

Not only does the PTP support these red terrorists now they want to intall a person totally devoid of morals and principles as the next PM of Thailand.

They have no shame.

I have a dream, or actually a nightmare: K. Chalerm as interim PM and his two, able sons as helpers. Please don't step on any's toes.

Actually, "Dr. (PhD)" Police Captain Chalerm has 3 sons... all of whom have had run-ins with the uhmm... police.

Duangchalerm (2nd left), Wanchalerm (far right) and Artharn Yoobamrung (far left)

One of the sons pistol-whipped another Thai (son of diplomat) who stepped on his toes in a fancy nightclub. One of the others may have shot a police office who he didn't like, also in a nightclub. Both places had a policy of searching all entering for weapons, but that's only for mere mortals I guess. This son fled the country and after 6 months surrendered. At that time no-one (who wanted to live) remembered anything. Two sons have dodged their draft somehow and still managed to get into police positions with appropriate papers (thanks to daddy probably). One was appointed in the government when daddy was minister of interior under the late K. Samak. Many doubts on experience. Daddy was in government with K. Samak when the last said 'These yellow protesters, we can't have that (June 2007).

Please don't take this as full truth, some details escape me. Just brows around a bit on the internet and you'll find detals.

Edited by rubl

They have no shame.

Are you new to Thailand?

I've discovered the advanced search function on this forum is very useful. You could start there with their names.

• Like 1

I find it convenient that all these weapons of mass destruction were found.

Has anyone wondered why they were not used?

Smells a bit fishy.

Yes, there is a possibilitiy that the weapons were planted in order to give army and police the moral high ground.

Funny you'd say that. On of the red leaders said a few days ago "you'll see, when they move in they will 'plant and 'discover' weapons and bombs". Master of suggestion, insinuations and obfuscation these guys. It ensured there are lots of people and not only reds who wonder, wonder. Americans don't wonder, they know their government can't be trusted :-)

Maybe because the reds knew were. They must have planted the weapons there themselves and they knew they couldent get them out.

I wonder what Americans would have thought if their republican forces had not fought with deadly weapons and then lost, or the yankees in their civil war.

And the English in their civil war,

And the Chinese in theirs,

And the French with their Revolution,

And then the Irish, Latin Amnericans, Vietnamese etc, etc.

All wars, rebellions and revolutions involve armed struggle with real weapons, real deaths and atrocities of some kind. I think the Reds and the people they represent have had a long and historical just cause and are at last trying to do something about it. OK maybe not in the Thai way, but then the Thai way just didn't work. The mistake they have made in many people's eyes is having Thaksin as one of their backers (not the only one), as he has hijacked their sentiments. But who else can they call on for support and maybe finance? How else can they achieve their aims, by taking part in elections? Well, that's all they've been asking for for several years so you can't really blame them for being impatient to have one quickly when they just don't trust the government to deliver one in the short term.

If they really wanted democracy, yes, they would have waited for elections when they were due, and not in the "short term" as they demanded. When they were given early elections, they equivocated. But of course, it wasn't about democracy, it was bloody rebellion.

apparently they have one or more M-60 GPMGs and link belt ammo for same - just the thing to take to a peaceful protest.

This whole sh*t wasent about "True Democracy" it was all about money (big Money) and power.

Looks like they are the same as the yellow shirts. After the government house occupation they had so much weapons that a third world country would have ammunition for three years.

another opportunity to use

What the yellows did was bad but what the reds have done now is way way off the scale.

Only a complete indoctrinated fool or lunatic would ever use the "but the yellows" argument again.

PINNED!!! That will save all of us hundreds of unnecessary replies.

• Like 1

Smells a bit fishy.

Not used - the terrorists fired over 100 grenades the past 2 months. perhaps you have not been paying attention...

I agree, they had them and they used them. :):D

"Terrorists have used these weapons to attack officials and innocent people," said Suthep Thaugsuban, deputy prime minister in charge of security affairs, at an army barracks on the northern outskirts of the capital.
AFP journalists reporting at the protest zone for the past two months have seen only a handful of firearms in the hands of protesters, who were mostly armed only with crude weapons like rockets and Molotov cocktails.

So who do you believe?

Both statements are correct. Of course the reporters weren't shown the guns and grenade launchers (that would betray this 'peaceful' movement); just because they didn't see them neither proves nor disproves their existence. To say the protestors were 'mostly' armed with crude weapons could mean up to 49% had modern war weapons but most (51%) had crude weapons and the statement would still be true.

Smells a bit fishy.

Not used - the terrorists fired over 100 grenades the past 2 months. perhaps you have not been paying attention...

Not exactly a lot of dead soldiers are there ??

Either the reds were lousy marksmen or most of them were not using firearms.

Which is it ??

April 10, approx 200 army injured, 600 civilians.

Who is doing most of the shooting ??

Presumably next will be the announcement of the red's intention to use portaloos as chemical weapons..................

ph

What percentage less than 'most of the reds' need to have war weapons before it is a problem for you. How many soldiers have to die before they are allowed to defend themselves while carrying out their duty. Does this really need to be a fair fight. Don't you want the authorities to enforce the law?

ph2010052201118.jpg

Identity cards of Red Shirts anti-government protesters are displayed after they were recovered from a roadside sewage at Lumpini park in downtown Bangkok, Thailand, Saturday, May 22, 2010.

Washington Post