Australian Man Arrested Over Thai Protests

webfact

I personally hope that they throw the book at both this clown and the English moron from Pattaya who incited arson at Cetral World.

Interesting to note that the "language teacher" as well as the lager lout were both overstayed on their visas. I am going to have to re-evaluate my position on these short term visas. If the guy were teaching, he should have had a work permit, so he was doing that illegally too.

With luck, both of them will end up with lengthy prison time. Idiots.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) som nom na. I think if he gets 2 years at the Bangkok Hilton, maybe he will think twice next time. Change your shirt to yellow..

Has his embassy not tried to help him with his missing passport and lack of funds? Or his family? Or has he worn out his welcome of everyone? I understand terrorism charges are going to be filed against Taksin. I believe he will be returned to Thailand rather quickly then. No country wasts to harbor a terrorist.

You might be wrong about Thaksin, as i understand it, terrorism calls for the death penalty and no government will be willing to extradite a person to a country which has that kind of penalty. Maybe this could be yet another mistake of this bumbling government

The original article...

Conor David Purcell, a former Australian military reservist, is a long way from home. The 29-year-old has two infected hip wounds, no money, no passport and survives on handouts from his Thai and foreign friends.

I think this was all a scam so he can get free meals and health care if they have that in a Thai Prison?

You might be wrong about Thaksin, as i understand it, terrorism calls for the death penalty and no government will be willing to extradite a person to a country which has that kind of penalty. Maybe this could be yet another mistake of this bumbling government

Correct, they don't want him home.

They just want to confine him to one country.

Nobody wants to let a terrorist get a visa for their country.

Probably a descendant from a penal-colony criminal! :D:D

I think they all are. <<snip>>

:):D

Someone had to say it sooner or later.

Of course nearly every Aussie I've met says his ancestors were warders not prisoners. :D

So what about the twenty million who come from migrant stock, have you any idea how stupid you are sounding with your ignorance

Conor David Purcell on Red Shirt stage

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What a wan** another know-it-all Australia representing the "western values".

Oh yeah Australia is an egalitarian society.. as long as you are white, narrow minded and a racist.

Australia is the only country to make an international incident over one of their trashy tourists stealing a bar mat.

Looks like another non-aussie with an inferiority complex

Ha... another patsy.

I wonder how many of the speakers will escape arrest or just written off into the "cannot be found" category.

I have mixed feelings about the coming punishment for this guy and as long as what he receives what others doing the same receive then ok. But if a double standard applies, then regardless of his nationality, people should be screaming unfair.

TheWalkingMan

He'll probably get rewarded with a top government job as that what happened to the idiot who stood nightly on the Yellow shirt stage at the airport take over :)

s

:) som nom na. I think if he gets 2 years at the Bangkok Hilton, maybe he will think twice next time. Change your shirt to yellow..

Has his embassy not tried to help him with his missing passport and lack of funds? Or his family? Or has he worn out his welcome of everyone? I understand terrorism charges are going to be filed against Taksin. I believe he will be returned to Thailand rather quickly then. No country wasts to harbor a terrorist.

his embassy agreed with most posters on here and told him to go home then "went back in their air conditioned office and made a cup of tea" :D:D I guess he expected them to organize a parade and award him a medal? what a douche nozzle I hope they will make a poster of him pointing at that stupid bandana on his head and use it as a public service message what not to do in a foreign country.

So true my friend...

Of course nearly every Aussie I've met says his ancestors were warders not prisoners. :D

So what about the twenty million who come from migrant stock, have you any idea how stupid you are sounding with your ignorance

The population of the Land Down Under is 20m so it sounds to me you're referring to all Aussies, as if they were the equivalent of the settlers of the Americas North and South or those of NZ. There's a lot of demographic diversity these days in the "Lucky Country" (irony noted intended or not) since the "Whites Only" official policy was concluded in the mid 1960's and subsequent to Pauline Hanson's racist party being quashed by a convergence of the voters, prosecutors who pursued money illegalities and concern in Canberra over the country's image in the far West, although the Conservative-Nationalist government of John Howard was at the time roundly criticized by Asians and the West as being rather slow - really slow - in taking something of a stand to openly state Hanson and her gang were reactionaries and hardly representative of most Aussies. 

Truth is of the several hundred Aussies I've met during my time abroad, there are only...well, perhaps it's better to say nothing at all.  

Hey this guy is not an Aussie, he is infact Irish, although most of our hertiage is from there. How our Government gave this idiot Australian citizenship is beyond me. How long was here in Australia not a hint of an Australian accent. Send him back to Ireland and take his Australian passport off him.

He is just a fuc**ng wannabee!

Hey this guy is not an Aussie, he is infact Irish, although most of our hertiage is from there. How our Government gave this idiot Australian citizenship is beyond me. How long was here in Australia not a hint of an Australian accent. Send him back to Ireland and take his Australian passport off him.

He is just a fuc**ng wannabee!

A lot of original Aussies came from Ireland but this guy sounds like an, well, original even if a latter day one.

Kudos to reallyok who in all of this presents the Aussie style sense of humor, even if the more Aussies one knows the more predictable the particular brand of humor is.

Humor is good  :) .

Speaking of his own embassy, it's a shame he didn't heed the advice from May 3rd and get the heck out of town:

But the Australian Embassy has raised doubts over Purcell's background. Investigations are reported to question his university and military experience, and that he was not a member of the Army reserves, sources told AAP.

The English language Bangkok Post, quoting an embassy source, said Purcell's behaviour and public statements were disturbing and he had been advised to return to Australia. He's actually broken quite a few Thai laws, the report said.

The Sydney Morning Herald from May 3, 2010

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...00503-u3jt.html

Over the radio (MCOT 96.5) news talk show, they say he has sniper training when he was in the Army. He could be the one shooting the innocent at the temple where they found 6 dead bodies.

Sniper my arse. The &lt;deleted&gt; couldn't knock a sick old mole off a sloping shithouse roof!

You made me spill my beer. :):D:D:D Comment of the day,thanks!!

To suggest he was a member of the SAS is an insult to that regiment. This guy was an Army reservist.

Clearly, he is two bob short of a quid.

every tuesday night and one weekend a month he would rock up for marching practice :)

SAS? what a gum nut.

A little tin soldier!

Conor David Purcell, a former Australian military reservist, is a long way from home. The 29-year-old has two infected hip wounds, no money, no passport and survives on handouts from his Thai and foreign friends.

I don't know his complete story, but... Sounds like another derailed person who suddenly found new meaning to his life. Manifestations like these tends to be like a magnet for such kind. He ended up in a foreign country with no means of living a self sufficient life. Why don't he get back home, seek medical treatment, find a decent job, have wife and kids... instead of living like a bum. Since he got no passport, I'll guess he can't renew his visa either. That means the he's staying here illegally. Why does some put themselves into situations like these?

No money, no passport. Seems he spent some time in Patpong!

When he was first reported with the red shirts there was a photo knocking around with someone that looked like him (or it was him?) dressed for the Yellow shirts when they kidnapped the airport.

Was it the same man?

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8454/img6593f.jpg

Here is the photo.

To me, he looks like the same man.

Seriously the guy needs a "shrink"

Please consider before you respond to Sean.

He is clearly in troll mode, and even at his best, barely worth anyone's attention.

As for the Irish/Aussie - let him serve his 3 months for immigration infractions, and then boot him out. Preferably to his birth, rather than adopted, country.

Yeah he's a charecter eh. I can't understand what he's on about but strangely entertaining??

:D He is "loveing fellow man" :)

Again I have no idea what SeanMoran is trying to say? "That stuff begins in places like this" Love your fellow man. What? Where? Honestly mate I'm not having a go at you I really don't understand.

To assist in your understanding you might care to assume that he has just come back from the pub . BTW Google for Sean Moran; that might help too. :)

Of course nearly every Aussie I've met says his ancestors were warders not prisoners.  :D

Given that people were deported from the UK to Australia for little more than riding a bicycle at night without lights (read stealing a sheep to feed a starving family) my sympathies extend to the 'felons' rather than the warders. Few were 'hard cases' or dangerous criminals and given the initial hardships that they must have endured have made a good fist of their opportunities for a new life.

I do wish though that many of them spent a little less time and effort in appearing to be so 'butch'. The days of being a wild colonial boy have long gone.

P.S. Thanks for Dame Edna - and will you take Kylie Minogue back? Please. Pretty please.

Can we start calling this guy Irish? Australia already has its own fair share of wanke_rs thanks, we don't need to take credit for Irish wanke_rs too.

Why? Wasn't he raised there? Wasn't he (or not) a member of the Armed Forces? Where did he go to university?

Can you not see the parallel between disowninghim and the Thai practice of insisting that the troubles were mainly perpetrated by citizens of Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and all parts North, South, East or West - but NEVER from Thailand itself?

One swallow does not make a summer, and one misguided, deluded idiot does not constitute a nation of fools.

Hmnnn....So far I read about a Brit, a Dutchman and an Aussie apprehended. I'm starting to wonder why the Yanks aren't representin'

Because they elect their prize idiots into the White House? :)

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

It isn't. The most stupid incident involving a Farang in recent years involved a Swiss guy, a can of spray paint and posters of His Majesty King Bhumibol.

Hey this guy is not an Aussie, he is infact Irish, although most of our hertiage is from there.

No, most of Australia's heritage is from England, 43% of Australians being of English descent in 1999 as against 12% Irish. Google "AUSTRALIAN POPULATION: ETHNIC ORIGINS"

Edited by pieandmash