"urgent" Advice Needed Settlement For Son To Uk

My wife just recieved a call from the Embassy regarding settlement visa application for her 15yr old son...

They said they would call him tomorrow and ask him 15 questions....? Does anybody have any idea the type of questions they may ask..? Just to put you in the picture, my wife has ILR granted in January, we returned to submit this application at the end of January 2010 and submitted the application march 30th. My wife has sole custody and during her time with me in the UK He has been living with her mother usual scenario. We explained all the necessary like she has sole responsibility financially and on a personal level. proof of regular payments for maintenance and contact via phone call list etc etc.We Both have work in the UK to return to, We are just a bit nervous as to the type of questions and whether he will say the appropriate replies or not. If anybody has any knowledge or experience of this situation advice would be much appreciated as to prepare him properly. I am a bit apprehensive as most of the people who seem to be contacted by the embassy for questioning seemed to be refused. very anxious indeed..!

Many Thanks

Jason

I'm WAYYYYYY to confused to answer this post.

She is Thai? Your son is Thai? Who is calling him and where?

quote; my wife has ILR granted in January, we returned to submit this application at the end of January 2010 and submitted the application march 30th.

<deleted>? What is ILR? and if she was granted it already what do you mean you returned to submit this application end of Jan and then you say you submitted it in March?

Take a valum dude and start over.

Sorry I forgot to say. If you have nothing to hide then just let him answer the questions instead of trying to prepare him for it. That will probably confuse the poor kid more then anything. Its like cheating on a test kinda.

After he answers, come back here and let us all know what the questions were. lol

sorry to confuse, My wife has indefinite leave to remain (ILR) she is Thai naturally, She has been living in the UK with me and we travelled back to Thailand at the end of January, and submitted the application on the 30th March to apply for her son to join her in the UK. I am not trying to set him up like a test though I have to admit 15 questions pretty much sounds like a test to me..? so why would you not try to give him the best possible advice in answering correctly. I know if I was 15 being asked questions about a settlement application I would not have a clue what was going on after all at 15 you are still a minor and you can easily miss understand questions. I'm just trying to see if anybody has come across this and if so what were they asked...?

This is his future after all...!

15 questions, or approximately 15 questions? I suspect the latter.

As to what he will be asked, no way of knowing for sure; some will probably relate to whatever information is in the application, others may be about his life in Thailand, relationship with his mother etc.

Our transatlantic friend may be confused by the UK visa system and it's terminology; but he is right to say that your step-son must not try and memorise the answers to all the potential questions he may be asked. Instead he should just answer truthfully and honestly.

Even if the honest answer is "I don't know." When my wife applied for her spouse visa 10 years ago, interviews were a lot more common. She wasn't asked many questions, but one we still remember was "What are the names of your husband's parents?" She answered "I don't know; he calls them Mum and Dad!" She got the visa.

Who do you live with ?

How often does your Mother call you ?

Are you in the care of your Father ?

I would think it would be on these lines the ECO will be looking to confirm the Mother has sole responsibility of the child or you have not submitted enough evidence in your application for settlement.

But do not worry this is just my opinion .

When my wife applied for her spouse visa 10 years ago, interviews were a lot more common. She wasn't asked many questions, but one we still remember was "What are the names of your husband's parents?" She answered "I don't know; he calls them Mum and Dad!" She got the visa.

Like it :):D

RAZZ

Just found out from Wife they called her son Today.

15 questions indeed. Some of the questions below from memory

Who do you live with: answer grandma

who takes care and pays for you: answer. MUM

Have you ever seen real daddy: answer. No

What school: answer. Pathara borphit.

What you study: blahblah

What do you do during Hoildays: answer. stay with auntie work in fishing shop.

How often does Mum see you:answer. comes back every few months.

How often does she call: answer 2-3 times per week

How much money does she send from UK: answer 20-30 Thousand per month

Where is Mum now: answer. In new house that farang built with my half brother and sister from another daddy.

Can you cook: answer yes omelete.

They also said they would call again and speak to him again and also call my wife.

We have recently built a house 1 mile away from My wife's mother for holidays for when we return to Thailand, I am wondering if the ECO will take a dim view of this and also the fact her son said my wife was currently staying there and he was still residing at his grandmothers though he does stay in the new house from time to time.

I am confused as why you would need to call numerous times gain info..? what with all the back logs you would think it would be more practical to gain all the information at once. Or is it actually a test as to whether you can satisfy the ECO under different questioning teqhniques. Anybody have experience of multiple calling interviews..? it's looking less likely and my hopes are double fading now... :)