Non Imm "o"

If you are talking about an extension of stay you visit Immigration office of your location with the required paperwork for the extension of stay you want and are interviewed and present the paperwork.

Is it for Non O based on Thai Child? If it is a first application what visa do you currently hold? This is important as if you hold a tourist Visa you should have more than 21 days left on it to apply, so my belief.

If the form says you need an interview with applicant and child, then yes you need to take the child, remember they will not always interview the child, and especially if it is a little baby.

Yes non "O" base on thai child. I am holding a normal 30 day entry.

You mean i can apply in Thailand itself ? No need to apply from my home country Thai embassy ?

You must have more than 21 days left on a Tourist Visa to change to another category like a Non Immigrant O extension.

If not, then you will have to leave Thailand, the child does not need to accompany you, but you need all the documents.

You can get a Non Immigrant O in KL, or other places, you do not state your nationality, but really not important as no need

to go back home.

Edited by beano2274

We still have no idea what you are making application for. Is the child Thai? Are you the legal and registered father? Are you legally married to the mother? How old is the child? Or is this for education? Or something else?

This Visa (supporting of a Thai child) usually applied for a non-married parent. Whereas if the parents are married, they (the foreign spouse) would be applying for a Marriage Visa.

Prior to the application submission, there are supporting documents that must be prepared:

* You (the applicant) would need to be recognize by the district office (i.e. the foreign spouse being recorded and verify that he/she is the father/mother of the child). This route can be simpler if the child is able to communicate and have sound knowledge of understanding.

If the child (still a toddler) does not or is unable to communicate, the foreign parent must be and go through the appointment by the Thai Family court. Once the court have announce its ruling, the applicant must take this court order to the district office to obtain the documents mentioned above.

Other documents required to apply for this type of visa are:

1. Certification Letter issued by the District Office (as described above)

2. Applicant’s passport

3. Child’s birth certificate and house registration

4. Confirmation of the Applicant’s monthly salary (demonstrating at least 40,000 Baht per month) (proven by PND 1 and PND 91) OR Bank’s confirmation of the applicant’s bank account showing the balance of at least 400,000 Baht in the applicant’s Thai bank account.

As noted, you cannot apply for a Change of Visa Status unless you have 21 or more days of your visa exemption or tourist visa remaining. If you are in the country only on the visa exemption (30-day stamp) you would be better off obtaining either a tourist visa or non-immigrant O visa outside the country so you will have adequate time to work through the legal process above.

Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, work permit and company legal issues.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

As said, you would have to be the legal father to be able to convert to a non-O and get an extension of stay.

if you are not the legal father but are named on the birth certificate, you can get a non-O from abroad, but not extensions of stay from immigration.

They might give you a 60 day extension based on the birth certificate if you showed up at immigration with mother and child. It is not a 100% sure thing. If they do, this would give you time to convert to a non-O.

In all likely hood you are currently not the legal father and can't get extensions of stay. Try visiting the amphur first with mother and child, to be recognized as the legal father. However, most will demand you go to court to get a court ruling about your parenthood.

• 3 months later...

As said, you would have to be the legal father to be able to convert to a non-O and get an extension of stay.

if you are not the legal father but are named on the birth certificate, you can get a non-O from abroad, but not extensions of stay from immigration.

They might give you a 60 day extension based on the birth certificate if you showed up at immigration with mother and child. It is not a 100% sure thing. If they do, this would give you time to convert to a non-O.

In all likely hood you are currently not the legal father and can't get extensions of stay. Try visiting the amphur first with mother and child, to be recognized as the legal father. However, most will demand you go to court to get a court ruling about your parenthood.

Hi Mario, just went to the ampur and yes the ampur advise me to go tru the court about my parenthood.

I did not register my marriage but my name appear on the birth cert.

Is there any other way to show that i am the legal farther of the child to immigration at this point ? The mom won't be back in Thailand for another 3 -4 months at this point.

Have you asked Immigration if they will grant 60 day extension of stay to visit child? Rules are less strict from this than for one year extensions of stay and with a border entry you could likely get enough time for mother to return. Even a two entry tourist visa from Vientiane could take care of that time period.

Hi Mario, just went to the ampur and yes the ampur advise me to go tru the court about my parenthood.

I did not register my marriage but my name appear on the birth cert.

Is there any other way to show that i am the legal farther of the child to immigration at this point ? The mom won't be back in Thailand for another 3 -4 months at this point.

The point is that you are NOT the legal father. Your name on the birth certificate is handy, but does not proof you are the legal father. Only a court ruling can make you the legal father. Contact a lawyer about if the mother needs to be present or can sign documents and be represented by a lawyer to get the ball rolling.