Drug Ring On Walking Street

fw1

Over the past few months I've been offered "ganja" and "ecstasy" (plus one or two other narcotics) outside Family Mart (almost opposite Electric Blue) on Walking street at least 6 times now. The last time I went to Pattaya I decided to hang around for about 30 minutes to see what was going on, as I noticed I was being approached by the same people all the time.

It struck me as being quite obvious that the same people were making deals on the street, with some success, and that around them, casually, though not inconspicuously, there were a number of lookouts slightly further down the street in both directions. The fact that they all scarpered the second they saw the police taking a stroll down the street, and the fact that I have seen them in the same spot for months now, leads me to believe that this is undoubtably a drug ring.

Having recently read about people being arrested on Walking Street for less significant law-breaking activities, such as working and not having a work-permit, I wondered whether the police/tourist-police are actually bothered about this. I find it hard to believe that they aren't aware of what's going on as anyone who has a beer or stands around in that area can pick it up pretty quickly.

Should anyone be interested, I'd be more than happy to point the fellows out.

Over the past few months I've been offered "ganja" and "ecstasy" (plus one or two other narcotics) outside Family Mart (almost opposite Electric Blue) on Walking street at least 6 times now. The last time I went to Pattaya I decided to hang around for about 30 minutes to see what was going on, as I noticed I was being approached by the same people all the time.

It struck me as being quite obvious that the same people were making deals on the street, with some success, and that around them, casually, though not inconspicuously, there were a number of lookouts slightly further down the street in both directions. The fact that they all scarpered the second they saw the police taking a stroll down the street, and the fact that I have seen them in the same spot for months now, leads me to believe that this is undoubtably a drug ring.

Having recently read about people being arrested on Walking Street for less significant law-breaking activities, such as working and not having a work-permit, I wondered whether the police/tourist-police are actually bothered about this. I find it hard to believe that they aren't aware of what's going on as anyone who has a beer or stands around in that area can pick it up pretty quickly.

Farang or Thai.. ?

And be careful pointing people out... :o

totster :D

Farang or Thai.. ?

And be careful pointing people out... :o

totster :D

Purely Thai, about 12 people in total.

I used to buy CD's from the sellers along the little alleyway running up the side of where the Family Mart is but am getting a bit fed up by these people who have the cheek to follow me down the street sometimes.

Wish they would understand that 'I'm not interested' really does mean 'I'm not interested'.

Not likely to point anyone out unless it was going to achieve something.

I am closing this thread now as it's inappropriate for this forum. If you want to alert or contact the authorities it's your business, please don't use this forum for such practice.

Thanks.

/Admin