North To South

nokia

Hey folks,

What's the fastest route from North to South?

Highway 1, 32, 9, 35 and then 4? What are the current road conditions?

Is 340, 321 and then 4 a shorter but slower alternative bypassing BKK?

Any suggestions for a rest & stopover?

Is the speed limit 120kmh for the above highways?

Many thanks!

Cheers!

what is your omega destination anyway?

don't want to read about you ending up in some yala rubber plantation being robbed and all....?

if you are anywhere crisscrossing trang.... drop in for a free shower and coconut juice.... pm me pls

Max posted and official speed in Thailand is 90 KPH for any road but nobody worries about it tell a cop gets you. :) Oh your route is OK.

My thai friend told me the max speed limit varies from 90-120kmh on the highway and 60kmh for suburban areas.

Of course most pp dont obey the speed limits right?

nakachalet, thanks for the offer, i will say hello if i come over to trang but for this trip, i am testing Toyota's advertisement claim of 1 full tank to Phuket. Just kidding. :D

Motorways

Motorways or expressways are restricted to areas around the Bangkok area.

* Traffic can be very heavy especially at peak times from 07:00-10:00 and 16:00-19:00.

* Tolls are charged for each section of the motorway and they differ depending on the distance travelled.

* Speed limits are signposted and are usually 120 Km/h for cars although in some areas the limit may be reduced to 90 Km/h.

Highways

The highways that join all the provinces throughout Thailand are usually well constructed and easy to follow.

The speed limit is signposted and is usually 90 Km/h for cars although in some areas there will be signposts indicating that the limit is increased to 100 Km/h or 120 Km/h.

Suburban streets

Most suburban streets are similar to those in Europe and the rest of the world. Speed limits, marked by signposts, are 50 Km/h to 60 Km/h.

http://bangkok.angloinfo.com/countries/thailand/driving.asp