Advice Or Suggestions On Driving To Hua Hin From Koh Samui

I've only driven from koh samui to phuket a few times. I was just wanting to know from other people if you had any advice or suggestions on driving from Koh Samui to Hua hin

Road Conditions

Things to look out for

etc.

Also is the drive just a straight drive and also how long does it take on average to drive from koh samui to hua hin. or more or less from donsak pier to hua hin.

Look forward to all your help

Hello,i drove their last week,Donsak to centre of Hua Hin(Hilton Hotel) took me just under six hours average speed of 120 kph.Avoid the centre of Surrathani(theres a ring road) and its very straight forward and well signed,cheers.

There is not much on the main highway to see or do other than some lovely countryside and some wats, but if you want to take all day for the trip you have plenty of time to pick a road leading to the coast and just take a look or have lunch before returning to the highway. It is less than 30 kilometers to the coast for most of the trip. This could be Chumphon (city or all the way to coast), or in Prachuap Kiri Kan the areas of Pak Nam or the old road into Hua Hin. Get a good map and see what I mean. Agree that I wouldn't care to drive at night, too many random hazards.