Thai Stocks For Mid To Long Term Investors

These may be a strange week as many Asian countries are having holidays this week.

I did notice today that the entity in the 3-G auction, has revised it's plan even if the win and to pay Cat Ect. a percentage I believe. So it will render unto Ceaser.

How that changes things for the bidders not a clue.

Everyone have a great day hope I can hold few big caps next year I think that would provide more balance. Update thoughts on CPALL would be appreciated.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CPALL is the biggest holding in my portfolio and went in at 28.75

Fighting to break through the round number resistance at 40. If it can break and remain above 45 or 50 is in sight.

Just my 2c

I looked at that six months ago when I started in investing with my whopping 15K Baht. I had more money but no confidence yet. Took awhile before I saw that I could put in more then my 15K a month and survive. Hindsight is 20/20

Now that 3-G is really over any thoughts on ADVANC on the correction?

Broker says a buy under 90

Contrary to our broker I think it's a sign of weakness if it goes below 90. I prefer to buy strenght and sell weakness. If it can keep up above 90 for the next week while the dust settles after 3G saga (still a lot of shares in weak hands) I think it is a good candidate for a medium/long term. Last year they paid 5 Baht in specal dividend and a total of 11.30 Baht for the year. With delayed 3G and hence delay in investment maybe we can se it again. 12% yeild from dividend is not so bad.

Just mu 2c

Thanks it held pretty steady today, considering what was going on.

It' kind of looking like if I want the profits move I will need some Bag Caps, never really looked at any before. I'm going to hold of til next weekend do some research don't have a clue at this juncture.

advanc did ok today, but how about advanc13ca derriv warrant up by 50% today, these last few weeks has just been watching in awe of these derriv warrants, i tried my hand at ivl01pa and tta13ca today, made profits but nowhere near what they finished making, actually i thought this afternoon their could be a mini sell off, but once again the set decieves and powers on at the end

Well the set keeps going up and the higher it goes the more I lose.

More then likely because the big caps are getting the play

I still maintain a profit of 43,972.

I think this will keep going until there is a correction and the mid and small caps are back in play

I lost 30,000 baht last week on TRUE because of the 3G fiasco! But good news is i am mostly big caps now- BANPU, KBANK, AIS - all are doing very well- up 133,000 baht since last week. Also have TTA which has been doing well in last week but still just under what i paid for it (should have sold it when it was +60,000 baht 3 weeks ago- lesson learned!)

Took the profit on Advanc today and bought into CPALL after it broke the 40 Baht barrier. Great day for CPALL finished at 42.25.

My other stocks only range since beginning of last week.

I am expecting a correction any time now and am really hesitant to add to any position at the moment. Except for the CPALL stocks that I bough today.

What are your thoughts on the market trend, will we see a correction before the SET strikes the 1000?

Kept up with SET today and gained 1.1% on the portfolia with cash included. 90% of the gain from one stock out of 10, CPall, that finally run through the resistance at 40. The new owners of the stock has another sentiment than the old owners so hopefully 40 will become a support and 45-50 in sight. Time will show.

it hard to call where any correction will take place, i suppose i am just riding out within each day trading and making sure that i lock in profits without being too greedy just in case anyone of the stocks turns south, i do think that those small to mid caps which are hardly moving would be because most of the money has moved to the speculative derrivative warrants, the last week has just seen so much money go into these derrivative warrants its becoming a stampede

i dont know what sort of correction people are waiting or being patient for on the set, if there is going to be a deep correction then maybe it needs someone to pass away because at the moment any sort of mini correction is just an excuse to reload, now i have no idea how high or how low the set can go from here but every trading day is just full of new leaders, or sector leaders, or small then large cap leaders, and the last couple weeks i have been trading every day derivative warrants on ptt, banpu, tta, ivl, i did notice this afternoon a few small caps from a month ago who were leaders having their moment, whether that means they will be the new leaders into the end of the week or if it its just big caps and their deriv warrants, either way i am not going be patient or stay on the sidelines too much, as i am enjoynig this stampede on the big caps deriv warrants., for the moment anyway, it could be that some of the deriv warranst are tiring, which would then allow some of the small caps from before their moment in the spotlight, but anyhow, i take every day as it comes

The Cabinet approved TOT to implement the 30G plan today

Here we go with the 3-G again. This is cabinet approved so was the last one guys be careful. Wonder what Constitution they are using. Where is the new Department required by the current constitution. that is exactly what the Courts said was required.

All it takes for this to fall apart in an action submitted to the court

i dont know what sort of correction people are waiting or being patient for on the set, if there is going to be a deep correction then maybe it needs someone to pass away because at the moment any sort of mini correction is just an excuse to reload, now i have no idea how high or how low the set can go from here but every trading day is just full of new leaders, or sector leaders, or small then large cap leaders, and the last couple weeks i have been trading every day derivative warrants on ptt, banpu, tta, ivl, i did notice this afternoon a few small caps from a month ago who were leaders having their moment, whether that means they will be the new leaders into the end of the week or if it its just big caps and their deriv warrants, either way i am not going be patient or stay on the sidelines too much, as i am enjoynig this stampede on the big caps deriv warrants., for the moment anyway, it could be that some of the deriv warranst are tiring, which would then allow some of the small caps from before their moment in the spotlight, but anyhow, i take every day as it comes

Set at 959.27

Profit at 45905

up 1933 for a change.

What was one of the top movers today TRUE. You see Abvrak was right they owe more then they are worth haven't declared dividend in years, so why?

Not much rhyme or reason in a lot things happening now.

I have reduced to five of what I consider solid stock worth holding for years. To crazy for me right now. Only four of them are active at the moment.

what are you talking about? in what way do i mention anything about true in my post or even 3g?

3g news is old news

3g news is not the only news to keep the set dynamics working, if you noticed the last couple weeks, its been all about energy and banking and their underlying derrivative warrants, so i have no idea why you want to talk about true or 3g, when the set at the moment for every correction or intraday correction is just another reason to reload

advanc has been moving mainly on the special dividend it is rumoured it will pay if 3g is not up and running this year

like i keep saying its a real stampede going on in the derrivative warrants, maybe they will tire and allow some of the money to flow back into the small cap leaders from before, so we shall see in every trading day what will happen

Edited by humbug

I just find it interesting, cause it's far from over. Today I read an article that ADVANC is forming a partnership with TOT to provide 3-G.

I don't understand derivites yet so can't talk about that. I read what you post in hopes of learning.

i post my own experience, i belive this that trading or investing is 90% the psychology of each individual and 10% the hard work or research, info etc of the individual

and today or the last few trading days the gains and activity has been mostly away from 3g, and really there are so few stocks involved in the 3g that it doesnt really affect the market anymore, when you have this little tid bit or that tidbit of news about tot or whatever then if you look closely then you will see that stocks away from 3g are the leaders of this market.

the derrivative warrants, thats just if you think ptt stock will go up then you can also trade ptt13cb and ptt13cc which are the underlying derrivative warrants for example, so if pptt goes from 291 to 293 then ptt13cb and ptt13cc will go say from 320 to 360 etc, just more returns on the upside and if you think ptt will go down then heavy losses on the downside, the one aspect of derrivs trading is as they get closer to their expiry date then thier prices plummit as no one will hold to convert into actual shares, thats not always the case with normal warrants, and derrivs have a shorter expiry dates maybe 6 months etc., so say ptt13cc is expiry 10 dec, then in november start to be very careful of trading and maybe stop trading alltogether as its only 4-6 weeks away from its expiry date etc.

Edited by humbug

i post my own experience, i belive this that trading or investing is 90% the psychology of each individual and 10% the hard work or research, info etc of the individual

and today or the last few trading days the gains and activity has been mostly away from 3g, and really there are so few stocks involved in the 3g that it doesnt really affect the market anymore, when you have this little tid bit or that tidbit of news about tot or whatever then if you look closely then you will see that stocks away from 3g are the leaders of this market.

the derrivative warrants, thats just if you think ptt stock will go up then you can also trade ptt13cb and ptt13cc which are the underlying derrivative warrants for example, so if pptt goes from 291 to 293 then ptt13cb and ptt13cc will go say from 320 to 360 etc, just more returns on the upside and if you think ptt will go down then heavy losses on the downside, the one aspect of derrivs trading is as they get closer to their expiry date then thier prices plummit as no one will hold to convert into actual shares, thats not always the case with normal warrants, and derrivs have a shorter expiry dates maybe 6 months etc., so say ptt13cc is expiry 10 dec, then in november start to be very careful of trading and maybe stop trading alltogether as its only 4-6 weeks away from its expiry date etc.

Hello Humbug..

Just 2 small questions please ..

I am new with the Thai SET Market ( just arrived in Bkk 3 days ago) but not New with the Penny World..I opened a bank acount with Kasikorn and am ready to fund my new Brokerage account with Kim Eng today.

Can't wait to start trading ( not Investing !! ) and get a taste of this market..

If you do not mind..

- where do you get a list with those Derivative and Warrants ?

- what Broker do you use and what is your experience with them..?

and last ...( sorry it'll make 3 questions..)

I have looked at this Platform /Portal of Kim Eng..

At the Order Ticket there are 3 boxes..

One box needs to be checked for NVDR..I am ok with that..Then, there are other 2 small boxes with ATO and ATC..( at the Open and at the Close)

Do I need to check any of these boxes wnen placing any order during the day ...? Just a normal order ?

Thank you sir for your time..

Regards

Chuck

<, Smile at someone who is hard to love ! >>!

hi chuck

on the boxs nvdr and ato and atc, ato is automatic opening and atc is automatic closing order prices, on nvdr that is the box you tick for when ordering and selling shares as a foreign resident, nvdr will be the one for which you will use in placing orders

derrivative warrants are the same when it comes to buy or sell orders, you can openly trade these derriv warrants just as you can trade normal warrants and equities, the list is on the set

http://www.set.or.th...0D8AF0FFFF6ABD1

just scroll down to the middle and you will see the list and on each deriv warrant on their news items you can check the expiry dates which is also very important, most will be expiring in november abd december, and maybe 5-6 will be expiring in feb.

at the moment their isnt much downside protection in the case of put derrivatives, at the moment theirs only one put option and thats ivl01pa, all the other are calls so only work on the upside of the equity.

Edited by humbug

I'm looking forward for a period of consilidation with range bound trading. To much unrealised gains out there for my liking. Five trading days in a row with new equity high for me. It's going to fast!

Funny you should say that, cause I just liquidated half of our portfolio to realize some of those gains. WIll look to get back in if / when there is a correction.

Same here I wait for the Mai to get active again. I think a lot of the stocks moving now are over priced. Great if you sale in time. You don't you might be looking at a loss. Abvak I'm working on the patience aspect.

I'm only carrying three companies now and they are paying most expensive one eight baht. That one normally pays a .43 dividend in December. Not a thiastocks pick so I can talk about it it's TNH.

There is always a correction just never know when. If I see company like TRUE gaining value something is very wrong with this picture. Lots of complaining about the baht from exporters see it every day. That is nothing. But what is new is the BOT Governor.

Teresa managed to stay pretty independent though all this pressure don't know about the new guy.

I will wait it out for a bit and hope for something sweet to come along, in my price range.

I saw that some of the pundits in the nation newspaper expect a correction this week on SET. Perhaps the start of a larger correction??

I sold my KBANK today based on charts and worry that a correction may happen any time soon (i had bought 3 weeks ago) and took 100,000 baht profit ...plus I didnt want to make the mistake i have made too often in the past and wait too long only to see it drop and wipe out my on paper profits!