Toyota Fortuna And Hilux

i have read several posts where people have not been to complementary about these two cars. some have described the fortuna as the typical car that the 'bar girl' desires. personally i like these two cars, i am no car buff myself and next year when i nam in a p[osition to buy a car in thailand, i will give the fortuna a test drive. i quite like them. i will also test drive the hilux.

any ideas why these two cars get such a bad press on TV.

( on a side note; in the UK i drive an estate car - i have looked and looked on thai car sites and cannot see any estate cars. i drives a c220, but in thailand they are more than double the price so i wont be driving one in thailand - what estate cars can i buy in thailand pls???? )

ALFA ROMEO - 156 - Selespeed Sportwagon Estate

Volvo V40..... V50........... V70 + the 4x4 XC 60, 90 + the 245 + 121 + 940, 960 and 850 Estates... Lots on the road and For Sale

MERCEDES-BENZ.... of all ages

SUBARU - LEGACY of all ages

PEUGEOT - 407

Have noticed lots of older Estates, VW Golf, Skoda, Honda, BMW's. Fiats, Hillmans. Fords

Problem is some are and were very expensive compared to a 4 door Thai built car.

I'm not seeing the dissing you're talking about (well, not here in the motoring forum - I have little time for the drunks, freaks, crazies and weirdos elsewhere on this site) - unless you've honed in on my comment the I think the VIGO looks girly? :D

They're both great vehicles, and well deserved of their popularity - be it with bar girls or Oxford scholars.. :)

I think your refering to the Vigo, I have owned both The vigo in 3lt form 4 door is I think the best pick up in Thailand great on fuel and fast.

Fortuner, I have the top of the range. So maybe a bit bias, Is the best mpv over here Stable, fast, pretty good on fuel. But then again I would say that. Both have a good resale value. What ever you deside on enjoy.

Fortuner is in LOS the absolute market leader as 7 seat suv for 6 years.

Toyota Hilux Vigo is in LOS the market leader of pickups.

Both are great value for money in LOS, due to very low taxes on purchase of these vehicles.

I m on my third Vigo (2004, 2006, 2010), and I v had one Fortuner 2005. Pre Nov 2009 brakes where to small (same size as most competition), and wore out at 30-40k km. Since then no proplem or issue at all.

Estates are not common in LOS. Korean Chevrolet Optra 1,6 is availabale in addition to Volvo V50 2,0 made in Malaysia and Volvo V70 old model made in LOS.

Benz and BMW estates only as grey imports

We looked at the Toyota Fortuner and Wish when shopping for our new car. We needed a car that had covered carry space and could be converted to seating for 7 people when needed. The Toyota Wish was our preferred option.

Both were about the same price at the time. Due to our location and the rough roads in our area the dealer recommended the fortuner as it could handle the roads better and would give a better resale price.

Since buying the Fortuner we haven't regretted the choice. It's been a good car and looking back it has served our needs better than the Wish would have.

Is the OP looking for new or 2nd hand?

When you move here forget the prices of cars in the UK... a 2nd hand car in the UK worth 200 GBP is is worth at least 300,000 baht..

http://www.thaicar.com/showroom1.php?GID=1...omer_id=Tent660

Lots of this model here both newer and older, right up to brand new 'E' class 7seater Estates.

For the same price a 8yr newer Volvo V70

http://www.thaicar.com/showroom1.php?GID=1...omer_id=Tent034

Also the same price http://www.one2car.com/SUBARU_FORESTER/D30100297

What is the OP looking for........ for the price of a Toyota Fortuna he can get a 2 year old Volvo V70 Estate... or a 5 yr old XC90 4x4 estate

Both Benz and Volvo there are lots here so easy to get parts and service..

This one is near me http://www.one2car.com/SAAB_95/C26100419

another tent on same site has a 2004 Estate @ 780,000 baht

ignis I think it all depends on where the OP is living. It's alright saying spares and service for Benz and Volvo are easy to find but once you're out of the main city areas they aren't easy to find.

There are plenty of places for Toyota, Nissan and Ford/Mazda all over the country. Anything else starts to get exotic and he will need to find a place familiar with his car and then wait for spares to be ordered from Bkk.

ignis I think it all depends on where the OP is living. It's alright saying spares and service for Benz and Volvo are easy to find but once you're out of the main city areas they aren't easy to find.

There are plenty of places for Toyota, Nissan and Ford/Mazda all over the country. Anything else starts to get exotic and he will need to find a place familiar with his car and then wait for spares to be ordered from Bkk.

south of Bangkok, there is nowhere to service Benz, Volvo or BMW except Phuket and Hatyay, and those dealers dont have a clue. Just ask any owner south of bkk.

main reason to see these vehicles on flatbeds frequently on their way to or from Bkk

thanks for the replies. i will be buying new. i did look at mercedes estate, but i dont think it is worth having such a nice car where i am, plus it is so so expensive. i could buy an AMG c220 in the UK for the prices of an estate in thai. i will be living in surin, isaan. plenty of toyota shops here. i will have 2 dogs with me, so would like the back seats to go down if necessary. i would prefer the dealership to be very close by.

i am leaning towards the fortuner.

thanks for the replies. i will be buying new. i did look at mercedes estate, but i dont think it is worth having such a nice car where i am, plus it is so so expensive. i could buy an AMG c220 in the UK for the prices of an estate in thai. i will be living in surin, isaan. plenty of toyota shops here. i will have 2 dogs with me, so would like the back seats to go down if necessary. i would prefer the dealership to be very close by.

i am leaning towards the fortuner.

The back seat's dont go down. But it only take's a couple of min's to take them out (Two bolt's 12mil) took mine out the first week I got it and they have not been back in since.... Presto estate. With big boot.