Nature

soohk

@ Mousehound.......Thanks for making me wiser thumbsup.gif

Tokay Harold sounds a lot more dignified biggrin.png

@ villagefalang.....Handsome brute isn't he,unfortunately Mrs Shaggy doesn't have quite the same opinion as me though.

After taking one short glimpse of my new friend she ran out of the kitchen screaming I don't like that.....make it go away at rather a high pitch w00t.gif

I stumbled across this little chap whilst out foraging for mushrooms in the mountain.

I think I must of touched it with my foraging cane and that is why it went into it's defensive ball.

Also funny to see the two hitchhikers he was carrying as well.

P1040232.JPG

• Like 2

@ Mousehound.......Thanks for making me wiser thumbsup.gif

Tokay Harold sounds a lot more dignified biggrin.png

@ villagefalang.....Handsome brute isn't he,unfortunately Mrs Shaggy doesn't have quite the same opinion as me though.

After taking one short glimpse of my new friend she ran out of the kitchen screaming I don't like that.....make it go away at rather a high pitch w00t.gif

I stumbled across this little chap whilst out foraging for mushrooms in the mountain.

I think I must of touched it with my foraging cane and that is why it went into it's defensive ball.

Also funny to see the two hitchhikers he was carrying as well.

P1040232.JPG

reminds me of the old saying.... 'big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em, and little fleas have littler fleas and so ad infinitum...'

• Like 1

OK I have this one...really tiny butterflies. ID please someone?

That's my index finger there for scale.

Found them while out fishing.

8268752539_19e154694a_c.jpg

The Straight Pierrot - หนอนพุทราแถบตรง - Lycaenidae, Polyommatinae: Caleta roxus pothus

• Like 2

Thanks Anguid your shots are awesome.

Did you sit the camera on the ground for that one at post #587? Great DoF!

These little guys have no fear. I can lightly touch them before they take flight.

Gotta go get me a butterfly book for Thailand now. Any you recommend?

Over the last 2 months or so, there were thousands of butterflies of all kinds around my fishing spots but seem to be tapering off now.

Thanks Anguid your shots are awesome.

Did you sit the camera on the ground for that one at post #587? Great DoF!

These little guys have no fear. I can lightly touch them before they take flight.

Gotta go get me a butterfly book for Thailand now. Any you recommend?

Over the last 2 months or so, there were thousands of butterflies of all kinds around my fishing spots but seem to be tapering off now.

This is a great book, it's in English, just printed the new edition.

cover-butterflies-final700.jpg

You can find at Asia books, good choice bookshops or you can order directly from the author Khun Pisuth:

http://www.malaeng.com/blog/?p=14857h

• Like 1

eggs of the cherry snail
Introduced into Thailand by someone who thought the rural people would eat them..... not.... they eat the rice crop instead...

Here seen on a lotus stalk.

yes, these eggs produce snails that are the surge of the rice farmers... sad.png

Some where I have pics of the damage they do, but cannot find at the moment! whistling.giffacepalm.gif

You seem to see them everywhere... even my pond gets the blessed blighters!

Edited by samuijimmy

This black butterfly would land on a long stem of grass, run along to the other end then fly off.

I have never seen a butterfly do that before, when the alight they don't usually move till they fly off.

There were several of these in the one place, don't recall seeing them anywhere else.

post-12069-0-51694700-1378277047_thumb.j

• Like 1