Nature

soohk

@angiud Wow, your butterflies are beautiful. Do you do this for living?

God will! Just an hobby. Butterflies pics don't pay, unfortunately. I have hundred of them in a couple of photo agency, but without so much success

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of surprises.

I was trying to get a good shot of a very common butterfly and when I got home and put the pix on the computer:

post-12069-0-10487200-1369455616_thumb.j

I noticed a small black and white striped thing on the stem the butterfly was sitting on,

post-12069-0-23093100-1369455708_thumb.j

Looks like some sort of a ladybug.

Second surprise:

There were some small grey butterflies flitting around and they seemed to disappear whenever they landed.

I managed to keep my eye on one and when I got a focus on it, wow no longer grey.

post-12069-0-07398900-1369456209_thumb.j

A couple of surprises.

I was trying to get a good shot of a very common butterfly and when I got home and put the pix on the computer:

attachicon.gifDSC_1302.JPG

I noticed a small black and white striped thing on the stem the butterfly was sitting on,

attachicon.gifsmall striped thing.JPG

Looks like some sort of a ladybug.

Second surprise:

There were some small grey butterflies flitting around and they seemed to disappear whenever they landed.

I managed to keep my eye on one and when I got a focus on it, wow no longer grey.

attachicon.gifsmall butterfly on flower singburi.JPG

Had the same experience in the cauliflower fields last month, Robby.

post-70928-0-65294300-1369472120_thumb.j post-70928-0-66891300-1369472136_thumb.j post-70928-0-27236500-1369472084_thumb.j

Pays to look close all right Dancealot, these must be things that very few people ever see.

Tried to PM you but couldn't get it to go through so will post here.

Saw somewhere that you were in Scotland, I hope to be there in September perhaps we could meet up if you are still around.

@angiud Wow, your butterflies are beautiful. Do you do this for living?

God will! Just an hobby. Butterflies pics don't pay, unfortunately. I have hundred of them in a couple of photo agency, but without so much success

I also find it hard to sell shots - just sold a set of 13 shots to one client which gives some hope but my sales barely keep me in equipment let alone cover transport or living costs. I guess we really do it for the love of it. I think I could survive living in a tent as long as I had my binoculars, camera and scooter. I am experiencing some eye problems that could be serious. I am afraid of suddenly finding myself unable to see to continue my observing and photography. That is my nightmare.

I only sell photos if they go with a journalistic travel article.

This common dandelion blossom is pretty if you look close and get the lighting correct. It's just a hand held snapshot.

post-168760-0-35910100-1370073451_thumb.

Chiang Mai 2013

attachicon.gifIMG_3032.JPG

night safari DAL? (it's the only place in CM i can recall having seen Mute Swans)

Chang Mai zoo ornithology section. coffee1.gif Quite proud on how this swan came out.

oh, that place... somewhere i avoid like the plague. wink.png

I am not a great fan of Zoos either. However, I have found they attract other native species into the grounds and these are worth while. I have also had some success with getting on to insects in Zoo grounds.

@ Fractured rabbit, i wish to thank you for your most comprehensive photography guide.

post-70928-0-93371600-1370160472_thumb.j

It's only a moth but i got it! With considerable focal length this time. Thanks to you. I always leave AUTOMATIC off now. Even if i am lazy.

wai2.gif

@ Fractured rabbit, i wish to thank you for your most comprehensive photography guide.

attachicon.gifIMG_9714.jpg

It's only a moth but i got it! With considerable focal length this time. Thanks to you. I always leave AUTOMATIC off now. Even if i am lazy.

wai2.gif

Great! Glad it helped. Appreciate any feedback on how it could be improved. Automatic is the devil's setting, may you never go there again!!

http://www.pattayadays.com/photography-guide/

After just going through it again, i found this guide to be a bible for beginning photographers, and as feedback i suggest you sell this guide to a more commercial website. Pattayadays wont help you. But i am confident others will help you.

Good luckwai.gif

Pattaya Days is my website....

I do suggest a donation if people find it useful, but so far I have received $10 out of 7,000 downloads; so that isn't working! I was thinking of making into a book via the Apple authoring application and putting it on the App store, but that probably wouldn't work either.

Mainly I just get satisfaction knowing that it has helped many people get more out of their photography.

Pattaya Days is my website....I was thinking of making into a book via the Apple authoring application and putting it on the App store, but that probably wouldn't work either.

It probably would, matethumbsup.gif

Archived