Just Received A Double Entry Tourist Visa In Hong Kong

:) Hi Everyone,

I'm an American living in BKK. I have had the following entries in my passport over the last 1.5 years:

Two separate single entry 60 day tourist visas and One triple entry visa (all issued in the USA). The triple entry visa was only used once however and was given just a 90 day window of use. I have also been issued two 30-day entry on arrivals. I have never had back-to-back visas but have had a 30 day and then a tourist visa issued.

I went to the Hong Kong Thai Consulate on Monday morning at about 10 am and there was only one person ahead of me. By the way, do not go to the information guy behind the glass in the lobby (as you exit the elevator). Just turn left right after him and get a number and sit down....that's all he will tell you to do anyway.

I provided the following items ONLY:

• My USA passport
  • 1 copy of each page of my passport showing the entry stamp into Hong Kong and my detail page (picture etc.)
  • 1 passport picture
  • Visa application requesting a double entry and giving a reason that I am traveling around Asia for a few years and making Thailand my home-base
  • My one-way entry at about 58 days after visa issuance to another adjacent country from BKK
  • 15 days with balances of a USA bank statement printed from on line

The last item was not an item requested from the Thai Hong Kong website but the clerk was very interested in it anyway and I was glad I had it. There was about $10K USD in the account at the time.

Also, you do not need to provide a Hong Kong/Macau ID card obviously (but the website says you need this) and I did not provide a round trip ticket either. I had the return ticket (Hong Kong to BKK) with me if they needed it and I asked the clerk if she wanted it and she said no.

I was issued a receipt and told to come back the next morning. There is a separate window for pick-ups so you do not need to get a number or wait when you come back. There was zero fee for this double entry visa.

I came back the next morning and picked it up. It was issued for a 180 day window as a double entry visa.

They were friendly and efficient.

I loved my 4 days in Hong Kong but it was dam_n expensive there.

Hope this helps someone!

• Like 1

Tnak you for your report, Itookthebluepill. The documentation you submitted obviously was sufficient to dispel whatever suspicion the consul might have had that you would be working illegally in Thailand.

Visa application requesting a double entry and giving a reason that I am traveling around Asia for a few years and making Thailand my home-base

Did you state that reason directly on the visa application form, or in a covering letter?

--

Maestro

Tnak you for your report, Itookthebluepill. The documentation you submitted obviously was sufficient to dispel whatever suspicion the consul might have had that you would be working illegally in Thailand.
Visa application requesting a double entry and giving a reason that I am traveling around Asia for a few years and making Thailand my home-base

Did you state that reason directly on the visa application form, or in a covering letter?

--

Maestro

Hi,

I put the extra info right on the application.

I will correct and clarify a sentence in my post about the one-way plane ticket....it wasn't clear I noticed....

Edited by Itookthebluepill

Hi,

I realize that the 5th line item down of the things I provided the Consulate was not very clear. I said the following:

"My one-way entry at about 58 days after visa issuance to another adjacent country from BKK"

What I really mean is I provided a copy of my airline ticket showing a paid, one-way trip, from Bangkok to another country adjacent to Thailand. I made this ticket for a travel date 58 days after the date of the granted 60 day visa. This was to prove I was leaving Thailand. I would then simply change the date (pay the small airline fee) and extend the date in the future for the extension or re-entry.

Hope this helps clarify what I meant.

• 3 months later...

I asked for the same the other days and was refused it on the basis that I had already stayed in Thailand 86 days consecutively. Prior to that I had been in Italy for a month and a half and before that again in Thailand for approximately 5 and half months first on a "TR" and then on an "O" visa. Even after showing the deeds to my house, birth certificate of my daughter and household registration with my name on it Mrs. Wong Tel: 852 253 25118 turned me down stating that just as she wasn’t allowed to reside in the US at the house of her daughter, I had to night to live in my own house in Bangkok.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...