Tmn Cable Tv

farangpattaya

Got connected yesterday as a replacement of UBC. UBC dishes aren't allowed on our building.

TMN has got 92 channels; the first 40 mainly in Thai language (Thai and foreign channels) the rest is a good mix of:

English, German, Dutch, Swedish, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, French, Japanese, Indian and Russian.

Plenty of Sports Channels

Cost: entrance fee THB 1500 and THB 400 per month if you pay per 6 months.

Quality (after a quick chack): Reasonable. The status bar on my tv shows in most cases "reasonable/fair" and even "good"

Got connected yesterday as a replacement of UBC. UBC dishes aren't allowed on our building.

TMN has got 92 channels; the first 40 mainly in Thai language (Thai and foreign channels) the rest is a good mix of:

English, German, Dutch, Swedish, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, French, Japanese, Indian and Russian.

Quality (after a quick chack): Reasonable. The status bar on my tv shows in most cases "reasonable/fair" and even "good"

have they got offices in Pattaya/jomtien

I've been using them for more than 6 months now, after I sacked BTV for incompetence and generally providing a lousy service. TMN has been much better and I have had no issues with them. Unfortunately, because of the decision by DSTV Africa to re-allocate its satellites, we have lost some of the more useful channels - Sky News; Zone Reality; MNET Movies I and 2 and probably many others that I don't normally watch. This problem is going to affect all the cable providers I believe.

TMN has an office at the top of Soi Boonsampham (Khao Noi), not far from the German bakery and near the junction with Soi Khaotalo. There was and maybe still is another office where Soi Nernplabwan (or maybe it's Soi Country Club, can't remember) crosses the Sukhumvit relief road, along the railway.

I'm only paying 1000 Baht per 3 months by the way!

DM

I've been using them for more than 6 months now, after I sacked BTV for incompetence and generally providing a lousy service. TMN has been much better and I have had no issues with them. Unfortunately, because of the decision by DSTV Africa to re-allocate its satellites, we have lost some of the more useful channels - Sky News; Zone Reality; MNET Movies I and 2 and probably many others that I don't normally watch. This problem is going to affect all the cable providers I believe.

TMN has an office at the top of Soi Boonsampham (Khao Noi), not far from the German bakery and near the junction with Soi Khaotalo. There was and maybe still is another office where Soi Nernplabwan (or maybe it's Soi Country Club, can't remember) crosses the Sukhumvit relief road, along the railway.

I'm only paying 1000 Baht per 3 months by the way!

DM

Hi,

If you go down Soi Nernplabwan till it ends at the WAT. Take a right at the 7/11 and go down about half a kilo, it's right across from the small park next to the Nernplabwan Government area.

Edited by Thaigreg

How many english language channels are there on this cable network would you say? I had UBC last year but got rid when I returned to the UK, looking for a cheaper alternative as we hardly watch the tv.

Would you say this TMN is good value for money compared to say Pattaya cable?

On a related subject, can you rent a dvr (digital video recorder) or similar device from your cable company in order to record or pause programs? I am addicted to mine here in the US and almost never watch a program live. The cable company charges me an extra $10 per month, which is about the best $10 I have ever spent. I will be a part-time (a few months a year) resident there so I really don't want to have to buy one and then deal with it when I leave.

Also, do any of the channels carry American football (gridiron) there?

Thanks.

On a related subject, can you rent a dvr (digital video recorder) or similar device from your cable company in order to record or pause programs? I am addicted to mine here in the US and almost never watch a program live. The cable company charges me an extra $10 per month, which is about the best $10 I have ever spent. I will be a part-time (a few months a year) resident there so I really don't want to have to buy one and then deal with it when I leave.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, but not on the local cable TV. You have to subscribe to satellite TV (Truevisions) to receive NFL games. We received 4 games per week ( 2 regular Sunday afternoon games, plus the Sunday and Monday Night games.) Also all playoff games and the Super Bowl.

Greg

Looks like the main office is on Chaiyapruek 2 on the right about 50m before the railway crossing, you cant miss it, it's the one with the big antenna sticking out of the roof!!

• 5 months later...

Many of there English channels have repeats,sometimes to the point where i just turn the tv off,and it's not just daily/weekly repeats,many times there broadcasting the same stuff 2 and 3 months later.I started to use them exactly one year ago but a lot of the good channels have now gone and been replaced with some that i had previously on BTV.I changed to TMN because they guaranteed a clear picture on all channels and at that time BTV's channels where 40% unclear,and when there engineer checked it he just said oh thats normal,TMN offered 92 clear channels for 25% less on the rental price also.TMN customer service is better by far.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, but not on the local cable TV. You have to subscribe to satellite TV (Truevisions) to receive NFL games. We received 4 games per week ( 2 regular Sunday afternoon games, plus the Sunday and Monday Night games.) Also all playoff games and the Super Bowl.

Greg

:o You can watch all sports live on www.ATDHE.netB)