Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

Please post all issues and suggestions in ONE thread only, 12 threads running are a bit much to keep track of.

Any future threads started will be closed. Cheers

Edited by sbk
changed number from 5 to 12!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off, PM issue, all PM's are being migrated and it will take some time, perhaps a day or two. Please be patient as there are millions to be done and it can't be done instantly.

Second issue: profiles will be available once the upgrade is complete. Again, its a huge site with alot of data and the migration takes some time.

Third: please post in this topic in this manner:

SUGGESTION: and then follow it with your suggestion

ISSUE: and then follow it with the particular issue you may be having. But if its about the PM's or the profiles then please wait until further notice as we are already aware of this issue. cheers

ISSUE:

Where is the option to consider the sub-forum read?

I hope the new features whatever or where ever they are, will be worth the inconvenience you are making some of your members go through.

I know a number of popular websites that changed their look and feel and lost a number of their members, "Lonely Planet", and Facebook come to mind.

I think change is good when it gives people easier and better features.

Edited by sbk

ISSUE:

Where is the option to consider the sub-forum read?

I hope the new features whatever or where ever they are, will be worth the inconvenience you are making some of your members go through.

I know a number of popular websites that changed their look and feel and lost a number of their members, "Lonely Planet", and Facebook come to mind.

I think change is good when it gives people easier and better features.

Its too dark to see, but if you mouse over it you can then see it, this issue has been reported.

post-4641-049256500 1275899510_thumb.jpg

SUGGESTION:

Sorry for copying my message here; maybe some other members have the same problem with color blindness ?

The Blue on Blue coloring in the new version is difficult for the color blind amongst us. I'm talking about the blue-on-blue titles of the topics

Between 8 and 15% of people (mostly men) in the world are color blind.........millions of people and 10 million in the USA alone.

Can I change the blue lettering into black ?

LaoPo

Edited by sbk

My suggestion, if it is not already available, is the ability to change background colours.

It is too light, too bright, the glare is hard on one's eyes.

Everything is much simpler and tidier, so far.

Otherwise, no worries, will with-hold judgement.:)

Issue.

1) Can not access own profile

2) Forum refresh slower than a scotsman paying for anything

3) How can you sign out

4) Multiple posts of the same

5) Generally frustrating

Suggestion.

Revert to original format until the developer gets it sorted or else give him a bonus for selling you a "pig in a poke".

The 'drop down box' to access profiles,P.M.'s etc seems to be even worse than before.

Every time I try to access my PM's, I now get the following message:

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

Before I was advised that was not allowed to access PM's.

I'm sure you know all this, but as the 'PM' thread has been closed, just want to ensure it is not forgotten. :)

ISSUE:

"Go to first unread messages" only works sometimes. Sometimes it goes to the first post in the thread regardless that you've read the first 99 pages already. I haven't been able to find a pattern in it, just happens sometimes.

Suggestion:

Change number format for No of posts.

From ########0 to # ### ##0

Actually that goes for all numbers on the forum.

Like "Total Posts 3664409"

No new emoticons. :)

Edited by PoorSucker

SUGGESTION:

There's a massive section on the right of wasted space on the home page. Would be better to allow the forum headings and descriptions to stretch all the way across, or else fill the white-space with something useful, e.g. links to new posts, new members, perhaps some other gadgets if possible.

SUGGESTION:

There's a massive section on the right of wasted space on the home page. Would be better to allow the forum headings and descriptions to stretch all the way across, or else fill the white-space with something useful, e.g. links to new posts, new members, perhaps some other gadgets if possible.

Second that.

Take away "Recently Added Topics" in Forum main page.

SUGGESTION:

Why reinstate the option to quote the OP.

All newbies quotes the OP.

It's been reported and will be part of the "fine tuning" that will be needed after the database migration of posts/members/PMs/etc.

SUGGESTION:

Thats exactly the plan. We will populate that space in a few days when the system has migrated fully.

The new Thaivisa design looks nice but i have been having some problems with it.

The thaivisa tool bar usually has a running news feed, but now its not working, there the news ussually is it now says "No valid RSS feeds have been configured"

And is the "Fast Reply" Button is now gone?

anyone has the same problem?

EDIT: nvm found the fast reply

Edited by 321niti123

Please note my second post. All PROFILE related issues are linked. We are aware of it and it will be fixed.

Same with all PM related issues. Cheers.

Please report an issue that is NOT related to viewing your profile, viewing someone elses profile or sending, receiving or reading PM's.

Issue.

1) Can not access own profile

2) Forum refresh slower than a scotsman paying for anything

3) How can you sign out

4) Multiple posts of the same

5) Generally frustrating

Suggestion.

Revert to original format until the developer gets it sorted or else give him a bonus for selling you a "pig in a poke".

1.profile answered above

2.my forum refresh works ok but perhaps it has something to do with the migration so perhaps a bit patience is necessary until its done

3. sign out link shown in attached

post-4641-093306600 1275904396_thumb.jpg

4. multiple posts probably had something to do with the upgrade unless its still happening to you

5. upgrade is not finished yet, please bear with it.

ISSUE:

"Go to first unread messages" only works sometimes. Sometimes it goes to the first post in the thread regardless that you've read the first 99 pages already. I haven't been able to find a pattern in it, just happens sometimes.

Suspect it might have something to do with the data migration, if it still happens when its all done and dusted then report back here.

What Happend? :)

Is this new layout intentional? Did I miss the memo?

Couple of initial thoughts why is everything so spread out and why are some links so hard to find? like "View new posts"

I'm not impressed but guess I'l have to try and get used to it :D

For poll, I don't notice any cues in the topic list which threads are poll threads. For example, for this one --

Long Term Expats, Would You Have Moved To Thailand - Thailand Forum

More detail. The POLL indicator shows when looking at a list of topics under a forum. It does NOT show up when viewing lists of topics from View New Content.

Edited by Jingthing