Bloodhound ---V E R Y Annoying !

LaoPo

ermm.gif

Since a few months my Symantex/Norton anti-virus detecting system starts scanning my computer automatically on Friday night.

Last Friday as well and this Monday, lunchtime (!) it was finished, detecting hundreds of so called Bloodhound heuristic "viruses" which in fact is no virus at all.That means that the computer is slow for the entire 2 1/2 days....

I searched the forum and came upon another topic about this from Feb 2007 but it doesn't give a solution how I can stop this nonsense since my PC gets red hot.

Any suggestions (how I can solve this problem) are appreciated very much in advance !

Could it be that Symantec is deliberately doing this in order to sell more of their anti-virus software programs ?

Bloodhound Trojan - Thailand Forum

LaoPo

Last Friday as well and this Monday, lunchtime (!) it was finished, detecting hundreds of so called Bloodhound heuristic "viruses" which in fact is no virus at all.

LaoPo

Why do you think is is not a virus... ?

Bloodhound alerts may come from other sources but the most likely reason is that you have a virus, especially if it is many files.

Martin

Last Friday as well and this Monday, lunchtime (!) it was finished, detecting hundreds of so called Bloodhound heuristic "viruses" which in fact is no virus at all.

LaoPo

Bloodhound alerts may come from other sources but the most likely reason is that you have a virus, especially if it is many files.

Martin

unsure.gif

What Is a Bloodhound Virus?

Because they say so on the Internet......that doesn't mean it's true or not of course, but it's not the only source who says so.

The term bloodhound virus was coined by a particular anti-virus vendor (Symantec) and refers to the ability to detect currently unknown viruses using heuristic detection algorithms. Symantec calls this method of detection "Bloodhound". The term bloodhound virus has since been adopted by other AV vendors when referring to previously unknown or unidentified viruses. Because they have not been categorized formally, the bloodhound viruses come in many forms; there is not a single virus or single signature for detection. For example, Symantec also identifies a group of Trojan horse programs called Bloodhound.AOLPWS.

Read more: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-security/articles/46653.aspx#ixzz0qAqtbv7M

http://www.brighthub...cles/46653.aspx

Whatever the name, it doesn't solve my problem.....sad.gif

LaoPo

LaoPo

Martin

unsure.gif

What Is a Bloodhound Virus?

Because they say so on the Internet......that doesn't mean it's true or not of course, but it's not the only source who says so.

The term bloodhound virus was coined by a particular anti-virus vendor (Symantec) and refers to the ability to detect currently unknown viruses using heuristic detection algorithms. Symantec calls this method of detection "Bloodhound". The term bloodhound virus has since been adopted by other AV vendors when referring to previously unknown or unidentified viruses. Because they have not been categorized formally, the bloodhound viruses come in many forms; there is not a single virus or single signature for detection. For example, Symantec also identifies a group of Trojan horse programs called Bloodhound.AOLPWS.

Read more: http://www.brighthub...x#ixzz0qAqtbv7M

http://www.brighthub...cles/46653.aspx

Whatever the name, it doesn't solve my problem.....sad.gif

LaoPo

refers to the ability to detect currently unknown viruses using heuristic detection algorithms.

I still think you have a virus that is recognized by it behavior rather that it's signature....

Martin