Quickie: For Non-O Retirement Visa, Will I Need To Have Apt Rental Paper In My Name?

For Non-O Retirement visa, will I need to have apt rental paper in my name? It is in my girlfriends name and I think she wants to keep it hat way - so what then?

Can I change a TR to a Non-O?

Can I change a 30 day stamp to a Non-O?

Is there a current checklist on TV for this visa - current(!)?

I wish to make a visa under the following terms:

Not transf money to Thailand, but swear oath (I trust my bank, Thai banks - I dont [esp 0% interest])

Multiple entry

Any vagaries I should be aware of??

Immigration only issues a entry in the process of extension of stay so it would be a single 90 day stay which is extended for one year. That requires proof of financial means and used to require 21 days remaining of visa or visa exempt entry but recent reports have spoken of 10-14 day rage being accepted.

Proof of residence varies with office - I have never shown a lease and have none.

If on extension of stay you do not have a visa but can leave/return using re-entry permit. That would cost 3,800 baht extra for multi entry.

Thai banks are insured and do pay interest.

Immigration only issues a entry in the process of extension of stay so it would be a single 90 day stay which is extended for one year. That requires proof of financial means and used to require 21 days remaining of visa or visa exempt entry but recent reports have spoken of 10-14 day rage being accepted.

Proof of residence varies with office - I have never shown a lease and have none.

If on extension of stay you do not have a visa but can leave/return using re-entry permit. That would cost 3,800 baht extra for multi entry.

Thai banks are insured and do pay interest.

Thanks for your response but I am really unclear on this.

Extension of stay - So, I would need to obtain a NonO prior (you state 90 day stay)? How do I obtain the NonO initially (by using a document from my embassy)?

A. Change a TR

B. Change a 3o day stamp

C. Beg a NonO from Thai cons/emb

Financial means - Notarized letter from embassy OR letter and bank book 800k OR 400k

21 days for processing. 30 day entry (airport) or remainder of a TR?

"If on extension of stay you do not have a visa but can leave/return using re-entry permit. That would cost 3,800 baht extra for multi entry." >>> totally unclear on this, sorry.

By this you mean: If I have obtained a Non0 single and extended that to a year and wish to leave the country, I must use a re-entry permit (and all the hassles and B1000?) OR pay B3800 on the initial processing

Thanks

PS: I bank with one of the most solid banks in US, would not want to be a farang standing in line for Thai govt to pay me out should there be a problem. US banks are messy enough when they go under. I am very concerned atthe manner in which Thai banks are issuing loans on anything and everything - but that is another issue.

Edited by bangkokburning

Sorry, maybe I am making this overly complicated.

Can I get a one year extention of stay (covert to NonO) with the following:

A. Change a TR

B. Change a 30 day stamp

AND ... the letter?

Is it that simple?

They then extend my stay for 1yr single and by paying addl 4k I can get a multi which allows me to go in and out which allows me to not check into immigration every time i wish to leave and travel

Is there a checklist about for any minor details (ie photos, copies pp, copies bank book, ,etc...)

Thanks - sorry

Read post number 2. It depends on how many days you have left on your permission to stay.

You also need to fulfill the requirements for a 1 year extension of stay. In essence have 65,000 a month income OR 800,000 in the bank or a combination of yearly income and money in the bank totaling 800,000.

Money in the bank requires a bank letter confirming the amount and period (2 months for the first extension) that the money is in the account. Incoem from abroad requires a letter from your embassy confirming this.

You require 800k in Thai bank account two months or 65k monthly income by Embassy letter or a combination to equal 800k per year.

You copy passport/visa/departure card pages. If you do not have a non immigrant visa entry you convert using above and 2,000 baht fee but require from 10-21 days reaming on current permitted to stay stamp (you need to ask office what time frame they require as it seems to be in flux). You then do extension of stay for one year at fee of 1,900 baht. If you plan travel you obtain re-entry permit at 1,000 or 3,800 multi entry.

Outside of Bangkok several copies might be required.

They will likely ask for a map to residence and perhaps some proof of your living there - it also seems to vary from office to office.

As long as you are over age 50 and meet financial conditions it is a very easy process.

Here's a copy of the list of requirements from the Chonburi Office in Jomtien. They processed me straight from 30 day entry to retirement extension in one go.

(This is a recent list from April this year)

post-34982-065962500 1276202947_thumb.jp

Thanks Tropo!!

Lopburi - doubt it but wil ask. Is there a number he can call. I think him having to go down to immigration - ain't gonna happen. Is this his problem or mine? Nov-Mar I will be in South Thailand where my gf will join me every 3wks for 10 days and I will take intermittent trip to Myanmar, Lao and Nepal. After 2011 I will be more permanent here though.

Really sorry this has become so complicated.

The house owner can also report at the local police station. it is a simple form that has to be filled in and he will get a slip that he has reported.

The form, tm30, can be downloaded from here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm30.doc

Immigration seems more and more demanding that owners register their guests, but more for commercial owners. It is the house owners duty.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager

where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the

competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or

hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office

located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1

is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the

Immigration Division.

Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with

regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Section 77 : Whoever fails to comply with the provision of Section 38, shall be punished with a fine not

exceeding 2,000 Baht. If said person is a hotel manager, he shall be punished with a fine from 2,000 Baht

to 10,000 Baht.

The house owner can also report at the local police station. it is a simple form that has to be filled in and he will get a slip that he has reported.

The form, tm30, can be downloaded from here: http://www.immigrati...wnload/tm30.doc

Immigration seems more and more demanding that owners register their guests, but more for commercial owners. It is the house owners duty.

I thought such is not needed in case leaving (and returning) the country every 90 days , a reporting of residense...?

The form, tm30, can be downloaded from here: http://www.immigrati...wnload/tm30.doc

I thought such is not needed in case leaving (and returning) the country every 90 days , a reporting of residense...?

We are talking about reporting by the homeowner, that is different from reporting your address every 90 days.

Technically you also have to report if you are staying somewhere for longer than 24 hours.

Thanks. looks like he is already screwed. Wonder if he will try to fob the fine off on me. Only been back a week.

He took my name but no details last time I was here a few mos back...

Oh well, I will take care of it. Do you know how this form can get to Immigration? Must be walked in I presume.

Normally they do not make a big thing of this from non commercial places. If he reports before you try to use his paperwork there should not be any fine and likely only thanks. If it comes up at the same time it may still not be a fine but likely he would be advised not to let it happen again.

Commercial places have online systems to report but for this a walk-in would likely be required. I suspect he might be able to delegate the delivery to you but have not checked on that.

Sorry - this is not clear to me:

If he reports before you try to use his paperwork there should not be any fine and likely only thanks

???

I try to use his paperwork?? I think you believe I need to report in person? I am on a TR and no need to report.

I beleive you are stating with that in mind, that I need to report myself - that I should not report in before he files his paperwork - correct??? hope so.

I have made photocopies of all and sundry and d/l your form. I will have my girlfriend explain to him and give B200. I am certain that if I go - that they will need to speak with him. The B200 given in friendship and inconvenience - one shot deal. Maybe I should give him 200 AFTER he reports. That way if they nee dto see me - they won't. I won't kiss b200 goodbye.

Yeah, positive this is a walk in...

Thailand is so dam_n complicated these days. All this just to be together with someone I love. Makes me long to be single again in some ways - really!

If you'd be so kind to clarify the above, I think I should be good to go at that point. Thank you for following this issue and bringing this to my attention. I totally forgot being in a real apartment.

You are talking about using your residence as proof for your extension of stay so if he reports your living there before you try to do that there should not be an issue. It matters not what visa you have - you are required to be reported by landlord.

So you do not apply for extension of stay until after he reports your living there.

No. No. At present -

I am simply staying with my gf in her flat for next five months currently on a TR.

Change the game up?? Is this now necessary iyo? I come and go...visa runs and we love to travel in Thailand and out.

What you are stating is that when I have my O, I need to register. WOW. Sorry. yeah, sure of course. Sorry for this being drawn out and wasting your time. Appears I misunderstood you from the post iniially and this became conflated.

So...one last Y/N - On a TR does the mgr ned to register me?? M hunch is technically yes. But I really don't want this hassle and I know he doesn't.

Sorry again - super thanks!

BTW - I know this does not change the law but the form you posted - it says in Thai foreigners of the region (not westerners). My girlfriend was adamant about it. I said just a mistake on their part - does not change the law.

BTW2 - That form is totally confusing! My home address (why) - the moo bahn.... prasart mak!

On my return I wll have another double TR - I will then go to south and my gf will join me on islands 10 days every month.

Next April, I will be past 50 and will either apply for an O retirement OR get an ED visa. I plan on taking six months of lessons anyway April-Sept 2011. No big block of time now.

Edited by bangkokburning

If you are staying anywhere in Thailand that fact has to be reported by the landlord regardless of your visa status. You do not have to report yourself unless on a non immigrant visa entry (and even then it is not expected unless you stay more than 90 days).

Your first post indicated you wanted proof of residence for retirement extension of stay (you called it a visa but it is not). My comments are that if you wish landlord to confirm your presence you might want to make sure he is not going to be charged/fined by making sure he has reported you living there before you tell immigration that.

So - if you are not going to be using his say or apply for retirement extension of stay he can continue to ignore the law and will likely not have a problem.

Yes, thanks Lop and sorry for all that. I have the copies and wil leave it in his hands - up to him. My girlfriend will explain the issue Monday as my Thai is poor.

The reason for my initial inquiry is that despite my turning 50 is ten months off, at least six of those months will be spent away from a computer. Just trying to gain a bit of understanding prior.

Thanks for your time and patience.

I've to date had three "Retirement" extensions.

I'm still in the "main" living in my home country, until being ready to move to Thailand if I ever do!

Thus with my Thai wife who is an Australian Resident, I only have extended longish vacations to Thailand, usually approximately two to three months, but have never stayed continually for the 90 day period. Thus have not ever needed to do a 90 day report.

When in Thailand, we travel around and spend little time in her village, but use her home location as my address for extension purposes.

We have never reported me staying in the village, as even though more than 24 hours sometimes, we are usually off again soon somewhere else in Thailand or to nearby countries.

I guess when staying in Thai hotels, my presence is reported to Immigration by the normal procedeure.

With my first extension at Korat we were not asked for any proof of residence, nor at the second extension at Thali. For the recent third extension at Khon Kaen the officer wanted to see the Tabian Baan, which we did not have with us, but my wife's Thai ID seemed to suffice!

So I guess next year we will take the T. Baan with us but I don't know what this proves as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think I'm doing anything really wrong, have mainly gone ahead with the retirement path at this stage to hopefully be "Grand-fathered" if the 800,000 Baht thing goes up!