Best Read So Far On Thailands Problems.

cmdream

Here is another good link --

Many Thai workers, now out of poverty, are in dissent

Thailand's income inequality is roughly the same as that of much poorer nations such as Uganda and Cambodia and slightly worse than that of China and the United States, both highly unequal in terms of income distribution, according to data in the United Nations 2009 Human Development Report.

_____

BTW, Is this policy of no political threads started by users in general forum OVER? If so, why does this post still exist?

Temporary Policy In General - Thailand Forum

Edited by Jingthing

BTW, Is this policy of no political threads started by users in general forum OVER? If so, why does this post still exist?

And more importantly, who cares?

People who get seven day account suspensions for violating the rule, that's who.

With that post still standing, people don't know whether it is safe and allowed to start such threads again, or not. I would like to but won't until the policy is officially removed.

Edited by Jingthing

Thailand's income inequality is roughly the same as that of much poorer nations such as Uganda and Cambodia and slightly worse than that of China and the United States, both highly unequal in terms of income distribution, according to data in the United Nations 2009 Human Development Report.

_____

The link i posted is on the whole a overview of the last 10-15 years goings on in Thailand from the infrastructure to the tourist industry but it highlights the useless education system, not sure how one can discuss the education system without discussing the politics of it .... though if its classed as political and related to recent goings on then delete my account, it seems to be the way in Thailand these days to halt public speech.

Edited by hansum

And more importantly, who cares? 

People who get seven day account suspensions for violating the rule, that's who.

With that post still standing, people don't know whether it is safe and allowed to start such threads again, or not. I would like to but won't until the policy is officially removed.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that policy. Good to know. Interesting too.

_____

Not political but historical. Got a problem with that ?

hi

just to clarify: the purpose of that policy has been explained in that thread

it is not intended to curtail discussions.

at the peak of the political crisis we were getting about 5 or more threads started in general on a daily basis!! most talking about the same thing - some from a different angle, some not so different :)

Im letting this one run.....as long as it stays a civil discussion of the historical perspective of what led to today (note historical goes back further than the yellow/red/black shirt debate of recent years)

any attempt to turn this into the finger pointing 'reds/yellows/terrorists/black ronins/and similar' then I will have to close it.

thanks