Left Handed People

daleyboy

As you can probably guess i am left handed, it has been said the most intelligent people are. Do left handed people find it awkward trying to remember to use their right hand when eating etc like i do?

Are there any Thai lefties out there? Surely there must and i would think it would be even harder for them as they are EXPECTED to use their right hand where us farangs i think are forgiven to a greater extent.

All comments welcome and sorry if this has been covered before.

I heard that left handed people use a different part of the brain which makes them more creative. Also, their live expectancy is meant to be on average less than the right handed people by 10 yrs, sorry Daleyboy. :o

Can someone confirm?

I heard that left handed people use a different part of the brain which makes them more creative.  Also, their live expectancy is meant to be on average less than the right handed people by 10 yrs, sorry Daleyboy. :o

Can someone confirm?

D4mm looks like i will have to wipe my ar5e with my right hand from now on

Edited by daleyboy

I heard that left handed people use a different part of the brain which makes them more creative.  Also, their live expectancy is meant to be on average less than the right handed people by 10 yrs, sorry Daleyboy. :o

Can someone confirm?

Right handers usually use paper :D

I heard that left handed people use a different part of the brain which makes them more creative.  Also, their live expectancy is meant to be on average less than the right handed people by 10 yrs, sorry Daleyboy. :D

Can someone confirm?

Or the "Bum Gun"... :o

totster :D

I heard that left handed people use a different part of the brain which makes them more creative.  Also, their live expectancy is meant to be on average less than the right handed people by 10 yrs, sorry Daleyboy. :D

Can someone confirm?

I usually don't like to encourage you doc but....

:o:D:D

Not only am I left handed but my Thai wife is left handed.

I have been in Asia for quite a while and have been in many business lunches/dinners. Sometimes the fact that I am left handed becomes something of a roundtable discussion. I have become quite good at picking up when the table whispers are about me being left handed. I have found it to be an effective topic of discussion – being a farang I am pretty much always given the benefit of doubt and I do not think it is perceived as a negative for me. Certainly not a big enough issue to cause any king of problems.

I have become quite good at using chop sticks with my left elbow never leaving my side. This is almost a necessity as many times I am placed to the right of the “big man” of the company for meals. As I do not want to be bumping elbows all meal I had to learn early on to keep my elbow in and pretty much not use my should joint when eating.

On a trip a couple of years ago I was writing notes in regard to some equipment we have operating at a plant kind of off the beaten path in China. A couple of the regular workers were talking things up with my Chinese assistant, and he kind of chuckled. After we got outside the plant I asked him about what they were talking about. He said they wanted to know what was “wrong” with my right hand/arm. They assumed that something must be “wrong” with it as there could be no other reason for me to be righting with my left hand. They asked if I had been in an accident or something like that and just could not use my right hand/arm anymore.

Can someone confirm?

Or the "Bum Gun"... :o

totster :D

Wish I was left handed. Bum gun just exploded in my hand flooding the toilet.

Edited by mpdkorat

Almost as many lefties as normal people  :D  :o

Not in the forces . Unless they use a specially altered rifle all snipers are right handed.Otherwise they get the rejected cartridge in the face. :D

I’m no sniper – but I did do my stint in the armed forces. They do have a rather simple device that attaches to the rifle to deflect the brass. Works pretty good if you are firing a few rounds, but if you have to fire a lot in secession you can still end up with some hot brass in some very uncomfortable places.

During my qualification in my basic training I ended up with a spent cartridge stuck between by chin and the chin strap on my helmet. Since qualifications are timed I could not waste time clearing the brass out of my chin strap. So I ended up with a rather interesting burn.

The original meaning of "Cack-handed" refered to lefties.

By the way, anyone know where to buy a left-handed screw-driver?

Also, in the middle ages, to be left-handed was considered to be a mark of the devil. Left handers were forced from early chilhood to use their right hands.

Right handers use a different side of the brain than those that are left handed.

Some scientists say that left handed folk are slightly inferior in some dexterity/agility hand-mind interaction ( A bit far out I know) :o

But they often agree that artistic/creative/intelligence and higher IQ are a prevailing trait also.

Left handed folk often rank as an Elite in some societies and a lot of famous folk rate in their number. I think Alexander the Great, Edward the First and Einstein are amongst the list.

About 8% of the population are left handed. Though left handers are sometimes considered a quirky and unusual bunch, though they often retort that the right handed bunch are not in the 'chosen few' and argue the pros and cons.

As being blessed (or afflicted?!!) with the ways of left hand I haven't had any stick off the thais and maybe one or two passing references. Perhaps the thais are mai pen rai on it all?

Almost as many lefties as normal people  :D  :o

Not in the forces . Unless they use a specially altered rifle all snipers are right handed.Otherwise they get the rejected cartridge in the face. :D

I asked the platoon sergeant if my rifles cartridge ejecter could be changed as I was left handed! You should of heard the howls of laughter and "learn to use the other shoulder and hand!".

Guess thats a no then I glummly mused! Suprisingly firing from the right shoulder was just as easy as the left, easier in fact! :D

Edited by JimsKnight