Gardening

desi

All,

I've been asked to design a garden in the Rayong Province. It's beach front property, 100m from the beach, not sheltered.

Is there anyone here familiar with this type of gardening? Types of plants/trees etc?

Also, where do I go to get soil samples done?

thanks in advance,

desi

Edited by desi

Have a look around all the big seaside resorts from Rayong to Jomtien... all professionally landscaped and all subject to the strong salty winds. Drop in for a cup of coffee, and stroll around and observe... take your camera too.

I do know that Frangipani (Plumeria) or Lelawadee (in thai) is very salt tolerant and if supported well, will do very well in this type of environment.

Soil samples? Don't know... but I too am interested if there's anyone who does these in the Rayong/Sattahip/Pattaya area. I wanna check mine too.

Edited by Jai Dee

For the soil samples check out your local agricultural university. In the north Meh Jo University is the contact place. If there is no ag uni near you then I'd try contacting Meh Jo or I might try Kohn Kehn Univ since its a major ag school too. By the way this service is free...or at least has been.