Can'T Open Tv With Explorer

Ulysses G.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had the same problem since 5 p.m. last night. get to the opening home page of the forum and the the little blog pops up saying "internet explorer cannot open this site. then this morning in the early hours, whilst trying again, google had this blog saying install(google chrome) did it, and now i can access the site. the only problem is though, is that there seems to be no way of getting in and out without going through the whole procedure again.

its funny though, because i could access all the other things through goolge that i normally visit whilst on the computer ie. facebook , hotmail and other sites.

why is this so? sorry i need some advice in case the problem arises again and i am not all that computer literate. so any help would be greatly received.

in baby steps and in english, if possible. cant come to terms with all this computer jarginbiggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

I also can't open up PMs (personal conversations), but I did the other day using Explorer. If I click on the link it brings me to the senders Profile, but no way I can find to look at the message. 

I have a PM from sbk and it always makes me nervous getting one from a mod or admin until I read what it says.  :)

I have been having LOTS of problems with the new software on TV using Explorer

Same here all today I got this on ie7.0

post-3770-014387000 1276338883_thumb.jpg

Noticed that it only happens on the main page "Protal" :D Hence I came in and logged on using one of the other forum pages like this one.

Hope you can sort it out very soon.

Sawadee :)

Edited by Kan Win

Which version of Internet Explorer, UG?

Sorry, but I am not sure. I just looked in programs, but it does not specify which version that I can see.

Hi 'Ulysses G',

Click on your Internet Explorer 'Help' button and then click the 'About Internet Explorer' button, that will tell you your version :D

I have been having LOTS of problems with the new software on TV using Explorer

Same here all today I got this on ie7.0

post-3770-014387000 1276338883_thumb.jpg

Noticed that it only happens on the main page "Protal" :D Hence I came in and logged on using one of the other forum pages like this one.

Hope you can sort it out very soon.

I've been having exactly the same problem for a few days now Only the Thailand Forum page won't opem, no problems with any othe pages but it's a pain accessing them through the back door.

Am using IE 6.

How about IE 7? Is that still supported?

When I get to the Thailand Forum page I get a message saying "internet explorer cannot open this site" or words to that effect, and am logged off. No access to any forums. This is only at work where I don't have control over the browser used and am stuck with IE 7. No problem with IE 8 at home.

Apart from that I really like the new format.

Invision software is not supporting older IE browsers, unfortunately its not down to us. If you absolutely must use IE, you can easily update it by going to the windows IE page: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Alternative browsers chrome Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

firefox: Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet

cometbird: CometBird - a powerful and fast web browser

opera: Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download

Invision software is not supporting older IE browsers, unfortunately its not down to us. If you absolutely must use IE, you can easily update it by going to the windows IE page: http://www.microsoft...er/default.aspx

I've been trying to connect to this site for days and can not. Maybe they have upgraded to the same new software as TV.  :)

Besides a minor display issue I have no problems with IE6. The main Forum page also loads OK.

In IE7 and Chrome all is as I think it should be. Chrome is the fastest in loading.

The reason why I still have to use IE6 on one PC (my main work PC) is the integration with my OE6 which does not work well in IE7 and not works at all in IE8.

opalhort

I have the same problem using IE7. Access TV through the Nation website. Bit of a pain, obviously.

Go to Microsoft's site, download IE8, doesn't cost anything and that will rid you of the "operation aborted" dilemma.

Every time I try, the Microsoft site is down. I am afraid to download from another site as I do not know who is legit. Anyone know why Microsoft would be down?

Why don't you use the Win update function within Windows?

This should give you a list of available updates for your computer including the latest IE version.

But I think this may only work if you have a legit Win version.

opalhort