M16 Gang Targeting Expats Busted

sabaijai

M16 gang targeting expats busted

By The Nation on Sunday

Published on June 13, 2010

Five suspected members of the "M16" gang that preyed on foreign residents in Chon Buri have been arrested on burglary and armed robbery charges.

At a police press conference, the five Thai men were pre-sented along with an M16 assault rifle, three pistols, one of which was stolen from a Sattahip resident, an Isuzu pickup truck and nearly 1,000 valuables that police had seized from them.

Nirun Phosri, 44, Soralak Srisa-ngium, 29, Chatchai Phsuk, 31, Auychai Boonreu, 24, and Boonleu Srithongbai, 38, were accused of targeting expats in Pattaya, Sattahip and Bang Lamung.

After the gang broke into the Bang Lamung house of a Swiss couple - Rolf Ernsr Seilier, 70, and his wife Verena, 65 - and stole valuables and cash worth Bt2 million in total on the night of May 26, police traced the gang via their truck's licence plate number.

Major General Niwat Rattanathammawat, deputy commissioner of Provincial Police Region 2, said that besides hunting down the rest of the gang, police were also considering punishing owners of Pattaya shops that bought stolen items from the gang.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2006-06-13

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just another reason to stay as far away from Chonburi as possible. I swear Pattaya has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world.

Yes it's so bad here, that's why there is that many people love to stay here.......cool.gif

well done boys in brown

must have been difficult tracking down that number plate

well done robbers for using your own car to make armed robbery

you truly are dumber than dumber

yes Chonburi and Pattaya are evil places

everybody please leave so i can have it all to myself

well done boys in brown

:D:)

Major General Niwat Rattanathammawat, deputy commissioner of Provincial Police Region 2, said that besides hunting down the rest of the gang, police were also considering punishing owners of Pattaya shops that bought stolen items from the gang.

This appeared to infer that being a "FENCE" (One who buys knowingly stolen goods for resale) if not illegal in Thailand.

Maybe that is why I never got my stolen cameras back when I was robbed and I had supplied serial numbers to the Police for circulation to Pattaya numberous Pawn Shops

So much more elightening these recent discussions now that we are only argung about where we live rather than the colour of other citizens shirts. By the way Bangkok is so big that it matters what Soi or suburb or condo you live in - before you provincials try and trash the whole city.

Just another reason to stay as far away from Chonburi as possible. I swear Pattaya has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world.

Surely by comparison with some countries in the world like Honduras, South Africa, ,Rwanda, Jamaica,Colombia and some other south American countries,Thailand seems very safe. Pattaya alone would be like Bournemouth by comparison.

Edited by ratcatcher

B)plus the 'falling off a balcony' syndorme world record.

yes there.s a lot of deaths there i would say he finds out she as a boyfriend and stops the cash they both strip them him down after a good piss up and its just another sex tourist drunk

easy for the police to bypass

Edited by expatudon08
  • Like 1

So much more elightening these recent discussions now that we are only argung about where we live rather than the colour of other citizens shirts. By the way Bangkok is so big that it matters what Soi or suburb or condo you live in - before you provincials try and trash the whole city.

As a 'provincial', I'd like to add that I consider Bangkok at any hour 24/7 is a lot safer than a lot of cities in the U.K. after 12pm when the likes of our recently arrested 'friend' :) Mr Jeff Savage hit the streets with a bellyful of beer.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with these people.

If it was not for the expats a lot of business would be lost in Thailand

If it was not for expats a lot of business would be lost in Thailand What a load of crap Do you really think that expats add a lot to Thailands economy Maybe the beer bars in Pattaya or Bangkok but not to Thailand in general Not even 1% so dont think Thailand would be worse of without its expats.

Yes it's so bad here, that's why there is that many people love to stay here.......cool.gif

Very few are aware of what really goes on in Thailand crime-wise, and even less about it's dangerous lawless roads and virus-like drivers.

Most don't care or haven't noticed yet.

We knew enough to move out of there when the time came to raise children.

Will you swear on the bible or is that something you plucked out of the air

If it was not for expats a lot of business would be lost in Thailand What a load of crap Do you really think that expats add a lot to Thailands economy Maybe the beer bars in Pattaya or Bangkok but not to Thailand in general Not even 1% so dont think Thailand would be worse of without its expats.

Actually it is 6% of GDP which is a large amount!!!!

• Like 1

well done boys in brown

Can i share it with you please,please,please.Promise i will be realy bad,get old quick and put 20 kilo on then i will look like a pattaya person,well thats what the Bangkok brigade say,and they are always right

:D:)

Actually it is 6% of GDP which is a large amount!!!!

Would love to know the source of that figure - I'm sure there aren't that many of us and I'm certain we are not that rich - 6% of an economy as big as Thailand's - where exports represent a significant contribution to factor production and internal / local consumption is driven largely by locals is not just "a large amount" it is unbeleivable. We're are just ordinary folk and there are not many of us. I hope you aren't counting all the farang tourists as part of us local residents - by the way it was the resident farangs who have been targetted by the so called M-16 gang.

Surely by comparison with some countries in the world like Honduras, South Africa, ,Rwanda, Jamaica,Colombia and some other south American countries,Thailand seems very safe. Pattaya alone would be like Bournemouth by comparison.

The US has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world, higher than China. So you can include that country in the mix.

Where did you get that figure from? - seems a bit high for a small number of folks not that rich (and certainly holding most assets off-shore). Can't count all the tourists as part of us - remembering that the M-16 gang was targeting local residents.

The US has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world, higher than China. So you can include that country in the mix.

Incarceration rate does not = danger to the public. I the case of the U.S. it speaks to the high level of their emergency response system, advanced crime investigation techniques/technology, and proportionately low numbers of corrupt police versus the countries listed. To compare an individual's person safety in the U.S. to the likes of Rwanda, Colombia and etc. is preposterous!!

Edited by KHR1010

Where did you get that figure from? - seems a bit high for a small number of folks not that rich (and certainly holding most assets off-shore). Can't count all the tourists as part of us - remembering that the M-16 gang was targeting local residents.

I do believe this a figure which includes tourists