M16 Gang Targeting Expats Busted

sabaijai

Whats wrong with these people.

If it was not for the expats a lot of business would be lost in Thailand

If it was not for expats a lot of business would be lost in Thailand What a load of crap Do you really think that expats add a lot to Thailands economy Maybe the beer bars in Pattaya or Bangkok but not to Thailand in general Not even 1% so dont think Thailand would be worse of without its expats.

More than 2/3 of Thailand's GDP depends on exports, so you are correct Thailand does not depend on expats. It does however depend on foreigners, remember 1997?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Major General Niwat Rattanathammawat, deputy commissioner of Provincial Police Region 2, said that besides hunting down the rest of the gang, police were also considering punishing owners of Pattaya shops that bought stolen items from the gang.

This appeared to infer that being a "FENCE" (One who buys knowingly stolen goods for resale) if not illegal in Thailand.

Maybe that is why I never got my stolen cameras back when I was robbed and I had supplied serial numbers to the Police for circulation to Pattaya numberous Pawn Shops

This implies-you infer.:)

krap..

to lower the number of farangs deaths in pattaya .

have a safety net, to catch the flyers .

winston churchil didnt say that about being drunk it was the marx brother the one with moustash he also said you get any biggeer there tear you down and put up an office block to the rather large lady

And I thought it was W. C. Fields who said it. OC

I'd lived in Pattaya for on and off for many years. Starting about 2003 with the building boom and the influx of lager louts (not necc correlated to any of this). Came an explosion of crime.

I have been a victim of two serious crimes. The cops laughed. i have seen many violent acts as well on farang. At first I thought ALL farang sort of deserved it, but the more I poked around and got the story, it wasn't so straight forward. You can be very seriously bodily injured by a Thai and the cops in Pattaya will do nothing. The volunteers are even worse. They are only props inserted about the city to gather news.

If you wanted to really look at it - I am sure you would find over two murders, not including serious crimes such as above as well as staggering vice. I would not be surprised if the murder rate was 2+ per day on average now - with another somehow swept form public view. That is in a city of about 100k, far less in lowest part of year. The mafia does not return to Issarn.

The media and especially farang media is in bed with the cops/tat/etc.. and only report what they are allowed. The above is a great - we got'em story.

The mafia is Chonburi is legend. As strong or stronger than BKK. Look at the current head government (local) and family member/s, that is quite telling.

I was never in love with Pattaya and my experience is people that do like/love it in 2010 - don't know any better. They have little or no experience tripping Thailand and even more so Asia. Its Girls and booze and bar stools. If that's who you are, you'll love it.

Edited by bangkokburning

PS: Flip on Pattaya news on any given evening and they will have some poor dope caught with anything from 100s to 1000s of ya-ba tablets. Every day - non stop - day in, day out. The city s awash in Meth and all the problems it brings. That alone sort of says it all.

The city is totally hopped up on Meth.

And plenty of farang in on that scene too!

Incidentally Thailand has the third highest per capita rate of gun murders on the planet. The overall murder rate is about 15th,

the leaders being the predictable Colombia, South Africa and Jamaica.

Exactly, in a country of about 75m. Now cull out the failed states and the likely suspects. Now drill down where serious crime really occurs. Pattaya starts looking VERY Scary.

...and that's whats on the books. Corruption here is legendary in its proportions.

Thank you Methane

Edited by bangkokburning

Just another reason to stay as far away from Chonburi as possible. I swear Pattaya has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world.

JFC and that's not all ... was anyone else there during the attack of the 50-foot ladyboy? blink.gif I was and saw at least 10 people knocked off their food carts and killed just from her wildly schwinging schlongdonger ... talk about scary ... any of you ever been surrounded by a lady[boy] with 50 male-sized feet during a city-wide rampage? giggle.gif

MaiThaiMai

jap.gifwai.gifjap.gif

Just another reason to stay as far away from Chonburi as possible. I swear Pattaya has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the world.

Yes it's so bad here, that's why there is that many people love to stay here.......cool.gif

Love your Comment and thanks for being so honest and Fair.

Been living here for 7 years and never heard of such a gang.

In 7 years never saw any murder or anything of a kind and i am out almost every night till 5-6am

Never had a problem walking down on the beach at any time of the day-day or night.

The only trouble i ever see is tourists being bashed by security guards at the clubs( i do not agree with it, but seeing as some tourists act, they would get same treatment in any other country in the world)

So bottom line is, really unsure where some members get their stats from about crime in Pattaya

As is often said, what you sow - you reap. Many of the trouble makers that live in Pattaya are expats but this blog is about the Thai guys doing the expats - and if you go looking for it you will have no trouble in finding it. But the crime side in Pattaya by the police - with the numbers, is far outweighed by the monetary value of the expat community crime monetary figures even if they are a minority populace. DSI have some interesting reports occasionally that make good reading. cool.gif

Yes it's so bad here, that's why there is that many people love to stay here.......cool.gif

Pattaya has a reputation arounf the globe as a place of murder, bashings, thefts and sleaze. I do not know why any person in thier right mind would go within 100 kms of the place. I guess only those that want to live the violent mafia dream and being in Pattaya is a way to act out thier fantasies.

Pattaya has a reputation arounf the globe as a place of murder, bashings, thefts and sleaze. I do not know why any person in their right mind would go within 100 kms of the place. I guess only those that want to live the violent mafia dream and being in Pattaya is a way to act out thier fantasies.

nonsense - This is an isolated incident. Very unusual for a Thai to attach a foreigner.

I have lived in Bangkok full time for 9 years and visit Pattaya often. Its becoming more of a family orientated travel destination. There is crime but not more than in most other countries. There is more sleaze and sex but its becoming more contained. You can go on holiday now in Pattaya stay in 5 star hotels for less than 100 GBP a night. I would say if you find yourself in an altercation with a bar owner over a bar bill or something just pay. Don't get into a fight. Its much cheaper than Europe or US. Just swallow it.

Fact - Thai's very rarely attach foreigners.

Edited by Pui

Pattaya has a reputation arounf the globe as a place of murder, bashings, thefts and sleaze. I do not know why any person in their right mind would go within 100 kms of the place. I guess only those that want to live the violent mafia dream and being in Pattaya is a way to act out thier fantasies.

nonsense - This is an isolated incident. Very unusual for a Thai to attach a foreigner.

I have lived in Bangkok full time for 9 years and visit Pattaya often. Its becoming more of a family orientated travel destination. There is crime but not more than in most other countries. There is more sleaze and sex but its becoming more contained. You can go on holiday now in Pattaya stay in 5 star hotels for less than 100 GBP a night. I would say if you find yourself in an altercation with a bar owner of a bar bill or something just pay. Don't get into a fight.

nonsense - Maybe your is an isolated incident. It is very usual for a Thai to be attached to a foreigner.

Edited by Rucharee

winston churchil didnt say that about being drunk it was the marx brother the one with moustash he also said you get any biggeer there tear you down and put up an office block to the rather large lady

Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk, and what's more, you are disgustingly drunk.

Churchill: Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.

This exchange was confirmed to Richard Langworth by Ronald Golding, a bodyguard present on the occasion (as Churchill was leaving the House of Commons in 1946).

Note : in the 1934 movie It’s a Gift W.C. Field’s character, when told he is drunk, responds, ‘Yeah, and you’re crazy. But I’ll be sober tomorrow and you’ll be crazy the rest of your life.’

As cited in Churchill by Himself, ed. Langworth, PublicAffairs, p. 550 ISBN 1586486381

Whats wrong with these people.

If it was not for expats a lot of business would be lost in Thailand What a load of crap Do you really think that expats add a lot to Thailands economy Maybe the beer bars in Pattaya or Bangkok but not to Thailand in general Not even 1% so dont think Thailand would be worse of without its expats.

Well I am not sure who or where you live and who YOUR friends are but as far as assisting the economy, I would like to think that my kind of friends and I do! We rent a houses, buy cars, spend more money on groceries in one week than most Thais do in a month, and spend more cash in local restaurants for one meal than most in a week and we DON'T frequent bars or night clubs. We are regular folks who enjoy Thailand and what it DOES have to offer. SO PLEASE DON'T JUST SHINE US OFF! FROM A RESIDENT WHO LIVES IN CHONBURI FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.

Thats comes under "contributing to the local community" not Thailand's GDP

I have lived in Bangkok full time for 9 years and visit Pattaya often. Its becoming more of a family orientated travel destination. There is crime but not more than in most other countries. There is more sleaze and sex but its becoming more contained. You can go on holiday now in Pattaya stay in 5 star hotels for less than 100 GBP a night. I would say if you find yourself in an altercation with a bar owner of a bar bill or something just pay. Don't get into a fight.

nonsense - Maybe your is an isolated incident. It is very usual for a Thai to be attached to a foreigner.

What does that even mean?

Thai's very rarely attach foreigners. They are a mild mannered lot. Most I've met are pretty calm nice people. If you swim with the sharks you might get bitten in any country. On the whole I feel safer here than in England. Especially around 11pm pub kicking out time.

I have lived in Bangkok full time for 9 years and visit Pattaya often. Its becoming more of a family orientated travel destination. There is crime but not more than in most other countries. There is more sleaze and sex but its becoming more contained. You can go on holiday now in Pattaya stay in 5 star hotels for less than 100 GBP a night. I would say if you find yourself in an altercation with a bar owner over a bar bill or something just pay. Don't get into a fight. Its much cheaper than Europe or US. Just swallow it.

Ok You live there and I accept that but it is definately not a place I would take my children and put them at high risk from what I have heard of the place. I do not think any parent would disagree with me when the safety of your children comes first. From all the Government (Aust) warning if I took my children there it would be bordering on child abuse. Sorry just take the warnings and from what I read and see on the media. ( farang Mixed Children get kiddnapped there) Do not want to lose my 2 yr old to know that he will be forced into a certain industry.

Edited by moetownblues

The topic is M16 gang targeting expats busted Not what I think of Pattaya and would I live there.

The article in the Nation says that the gang targeted people in Pattaya, Banglamung and Sattahip, However the Swiss people in the article that were robbed live at the south end of Phoenix Golf Club which is around 25 km from Pattaya City, a more quite up market spot you could not wish to find in the whole of Banglamung.

It will also be of interest to posters that this particular moderator lives 600 meters from where this robbery took place.

For a more local and maybe informed report on this please go to THIS link

Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk, and what's more, you are disgustingly drunk.

Churchill: Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.

This exchange was confirmed to Richard Langworth by Ronald Golding, a bodyguard present on the occasion (as Churchill was leaving the House of Commons in 1946).

Note : in the 1934 movie It's a Gift W.C. Field's character, when told he is drunk, responds, 'Yeah, and you're crazy. But I'll be sober tomorrow and you'll be crazy the rest of your life.'

As cited in Churchill by Himself, ed. Langworth, PublicAffairs, p. 550 ISBN 1586486381

Thank you "Bagwan", it's about time we had a little itellectual discussion on this blog;)!

Ok You live there and I accept that but it is definately not a place I would take my children and put them at high risk from what I have heard of the place. I do not think any parent would disagree with me when the safety of your children comes first. From all the Government (Aust) warning if I took my children there it would be bordering on child abuse. Sorry just take the warnings and from what I read and see on the media. ( farang Mixed Children get kiddnapped there) Do not want to lose my 2 yr old to know that he will be forced into a certain industry.

From what you've hear? So haven't been and feel that if you went to Pattaya your 2yr old is at risk of being kidnapped and forced into a life of prostitution?

My sister just bought her 18month old over from Sydney. Where did you read into anything the Aus gov said "warning if I took my children there it would be bordering on child abuse" ARE YOU SURE??? The authorities didn't accuse her of any of the sort. You might have miss read that.

Actually it is 6% of GDP which is a large amount!!!!

6% is for tourism, not expats. Expats do run all those foreign companies that set up offices and factories in Thailand and employ hundreds of thousands of Thai people. Export of manufactured goods are more like 20% of the GDP, dunno what part of that is linked to foreign investment but you can bet it's no small part.

Expats don't add much to the economy? Who owns and runs all the factories and employs all the Thais? I mean just think of the automotive sector, it is FULL of well known Thai companies such as Ford, GM, Toyota, Mazda, Isuzu and all the OEM suppliers to the auto industry. And what about the Hard Disk Drive industry (which actually accounts for a big % of the GDP but can't remember the figure......... I am sure some astute TV poster will question that and I am just as sure somebody will take the time to find out); it too is full of such great Thai companies as Western Digital and Seagate to name two.

So........... if all the expats left Thailand............ there would only be a drop of 1% of GDP? You gotta be kidding me.

Ladies and Gentlemen: we have a new economist here!

Export and Expats not the same

Just like

Tourists and expats are not the same.

I guess Pui missed my point......... its the EXPATS and foreign companies that build and run the factories that produce items for EXPORT. Remove the EXPATS and you remove/lose the EXPORTS. Then you are left with Thailand EXPORTING um, um, shrimp and um, um rice (and what a cock up they did of rice exporting fiasco this year)

Edited by candoman89

What complete utter rubbish. I have been coming here since '95, I have many friends here who raise their children safely and in good schools. The Australian Govt warnings are absurdly overblown, as usual. My wife is now 8 months pregnant and I will be completely happy to raise my daughter here.

Run along.