Ashes White Wash

Please post all congrats and praise to the Australian cricket team on retaining the Ashes and the humiliation of the English cricket team.....

We all know that this will happen, so why not get in early with some good words for a great performance..... :o

Also please stop Lampost throwing himself of a tall building....as it makes to much of a mess !!! :D

Time to revive this ridiculous post methinks :D

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please post all congrats and praise to the Australian cricket team on retaining the Ashes and the humiliation of the English cricket team.....

We all know that this will happen, so why not get in early with some good words for a great performance..... :o

Also please stop Lampost throwing himself of a tall building....as it makes to much of a mess !!! :D

Time to revive this ridiculous post methinks :D

Why Lampard...cant u find a tall building ?

• 3 weeks later...

We all know that this will happen, so why not get in early with some good words for a great performance..... :D

Sounds rather stupid now. :o

We all know that this will happen, so why not get in early with some good words for a great performance..... :D

Sounds rather stupid now. :o

It sounded stupid when I first read it, but please do not knock the OP. Without his wonderful predictions we might have really been in dire straits. But that's the joy of a post like that; we could not lose. In the unlikely event of Australia winning four and drawing one, we would still have come off better than his ridiculous forecast.

Cricket talk anyone!?

Do you want to start us off Supermouth!?

Yep! What happened between Warn and Ponting after the toss? I heard that Ponting wanted to bat and Warn called him a <deleted> idiot? Is this true???

No appartently Ponting said "I've got a hot tip off Siam superfly so lets bat first" after which Warne called him a fcucking idiot.

Cricket talk anyone!?

Do you want to start us off Supermouth!?

Yep! What happened between Warn and Ponting after the toss? I heard that Ponting wanted to bat and Warn called him a <deleted> idiot? Is this true???

No appartently Ponting said "I've got a hot tip off Siam superfly so lets bat first" after which Warne called him a fcucking idiot.

:o:D:D:D

I hope he had money on that

Had money on weather fat guts Lampard would invite the Fly to his pub....

I've got no problems with you coming to my pub. Some of my other customers might have though. A lot of them are Thai Visa Ozzies :o

Ohhhh sounds scary Lampard.....I'll take my chances....pm me

Essex v Australia (two day match)

Essex 1st innings 433 for 2

England (ladies) v Australian (ladies) England win the Ladies Ashes.

Shades of things to come boys.

Where is Siam SuperGob :D and is he really trying to bum a free drink from Lampard :o

Glen McGarth is fit to play .... :o

Thank God for that. Didn't want to thrash half ateam :D

Well this is a first Lampard... u have got of that fence and said that not only that England will win, but thrash us....

Cant wait to see ur posts next year during the World Cup.......Australia in the final 16......

Ashes series best of Langer's career

12:02 PM September 6

Australian batsman Justin Langer says the current Ashes series will still be the best he has played in even if the tourists lose this week's fifth and final Test at The Oval.

England, who lost the first Test by 239 runs at Lord's, bounced back with narrow victories at Edgbaston and Trent Bridge and might have wrapped up the series had not Australia's last-wicket pair hung on for a draw at Old Trafford.

Now they head to south London needing only to avoid defeat to win their first Ashes series since 1986-87.

Langer, 34, a veteran of 92 Tests, has so far been averaging just over 36 in the current series compared with a career mark above 45.

But despite that the Western Australian, who played county cricket for Middlesex, was adamant he was relishing the contest after a succession of one-sided Test victories for world number one ranked side Australia.

"If we were to lose this series 3-1 - the worst-case scenario - I will still look back on this as the best series I've ever played in," the left-handed opener said.

"I've loved this Test series more than any. I would play it again and again and again over any of the series we've played over the last few years.

"It's a great contest and when you're out there it's like you're in the prime of your life and that is sensational."

Langer has happy memories of The Oval even though his last Test appearance there four years ago saw him taken to hospital for a brain scan after he was hit on the head by an Andrew Caddick bouncer.

However, by that stage, he had already revived his international career by scoring 102 not out in a total of 4 for 641 after coming in for the dropped Michael Slater as Australia won by an innings and 25 runs to set the seal on a triumphant Ashes tour.

"If it's a hundred and I retire hurt again I would take that any day of the week," Langer said.

"We're definitely the underdogs. We're 2-1 down and England have played arguably the better cricket throughout the summer so we're the Australian underdogs and we're quite enjoying it.

"It's going to be a big Test match and from a personal point of view I can't wait. It's been a brilliant series so far, the toughest I've played in since my first few Test matches as a youngster against the West Indies, but it's a series I'll always remember."

And he insisted that the Australians, despite seeing their attack concede 502 runs in their final two-day warm-up game against Essex, were in confident mood.

"Experience tells you that it's the only way to play, regardless of the circumstances. We've had to work hard, and people have to respect that England are making us work very hard, but we are looking to score runs," he said.

"We know we're under pressure and that's the reality but from the first session we have to hope that, whether we're batting or bowling, we'll be a far more skilful side and a tougher side than we've shown on this series so far."

Australia will hope to have fast bowling spearhead Glenn McGrath, who has been sidelined from both England's victories this series, fit following a right elbow injury.

"We're all waiting with bated breath," Langer said.

"He's such a champion player and champions usually get up for these contests. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play but I don't know.

"You'll have to ask somebody else but you can't ask him because he'll tell you he's 100 per cent fit to play."

-AFP

Source: AFP

Suck ur guts in Lampard and turn on ur cable...the finale draws near....

Glen McGarth (see the spelling Lampard) is fit to play......

What are you on about Supermouth. McGarth can take twenty wickets for no runs and Australia will have only drawn. There is no way England can lose now. As I said in the other thread, Australia on the other hand can lose. But it's great to see you are predicting an Australia win. With your record every decent Aussie on Thai Visa will be wishing you would shut the **** up. Keep 'em coming :o:D:D

What are you on about Supermouth. McGarth can take twenty wickets for no runs and Australia will have only drawn. There is no way England can lose now. As I said in the other thread, Australia on the other hand can lose.

Ur on drugs Lampard.....really

What are you on about Supermouth. McGarth can take twenty wickets for no runs and Australia will have only drawn. There is no way England can lose now. As I said in the other thread, Australia on the other hand can lose.

So you reckon Australia can still win the series. Just shows you exactly what you know about it. Enough said BBBBYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So you reckon Australia can still win the series. Just shows you exactly what you know about it. Enough said BBBBYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lampy, although it really, really bugs me, to even remotely side with Supershite. I think what he means is, IF Australia win, they get to keep the Ashes even though it's been drawn 2-2. We just need to Win or Draw and they are ours. :o

Lampy, although it really, really bugs me, to even remotely side with Supershite. I think what he means is, IF Australia win, they get to keep the Ashes even though it's been drawn 2-2. We just need to Win or Draw and they are ours.  :D

Yes Bo, but this Superfly, the pick of Australia's finest (

: :o ) predicted that the Ozzies would win all five tests and that it would not even be close. So we've doneit; we've won. We might not have beaten Australia just yet, but we have triumphed against " The Voice of Australia" the one and only ' Megamouth'

That's what I mean when I say we cannot lose.

Edited by lampard10