Channel 7 - Wheres It Gone?!

garethbrunt

That's right, how weird is that? they couldn't choose a better time to do whatever they are doing....probably they cancelled their rights to transmit to avoid paying ah ah! only in thailand!

I'm assuming the OP is talking C band TV. Since Thaicom 2 channels are being moved to Thaicom 5, the following changes need to be made. Although ThaiCom 2 is still broadcasting certain channels, slowly the channels are disappearing/being moved to Thaicom 5 since Thaicom 2 is to be deactivated in the near future (it's reaching the end of its lifespan). Use the below changes (frequency and/or polarization) to switch over to the Thaicom 5 satellite.

Channel 3.

Frequency = 03803.

Polarity = V.

Channel 5.

Frequency = 03905.

Polarity = V.

Channel 7.

Frequency = 03764 (the original value).

Polarity = V.

Channel 9 MCOT.

Frequency = 03520.

Polarity = H (the original value).

Channel 11 NBT.

Frequency = 04122.

Polarity = V.

Channel TPBS.

Frequency = 03985.

Polarity = V.

Edited by Pib

apparently fifa and rs have stopped the transmissions on c-band as you will find the the channels only stop transmitting when the games start. the only way to see them if using to is to use an old fashioned television ariel. Go Fifa.

That's right, how weird is that? they couldn't choose a better time to do whatever they are doing....probably they cancelled their rights to transmit to avoid paying ah ah! only in thailand!

No fifa stopped their transmissions on C-band.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming the OP is talking C band TV. Since Thaicom 2 channels are being moved to Thaicom 5, the following changes need to be made. Although ThaiCom 2 is still broadcasting certain channels, slowly the channels are disappearing/being moved to Thaicom 5 since Thaicom 2 is to be deactivated in the near future (it's reaching the end of its lifespan). Use the below changes (frequency and/or polarization) to switch over to the Thaicom 5 satellite.

Channel 3.

Frequency = 03803.

Polarity = V.

Channel 5.

Frequency = 03905.

Polarity = V.

Channel 7.

Frequency = 03764 (the original value).

Polarity = V.

Channel 9 MCOT.

Frequency = 03520.

Polarity = H (the original value).

Channel 11 NBT.

Frequency = 04122.

Polarity = V.

Channel TPBS.

Frequency = 03985.

Polarity = V.

I noticed this morning that I wasn't receiving Channel 9 MCOT on C Band, but Ch 9 MCOT was broadcasting on TrueVisions and the MCOT web site. Don't really know if it's just a temporary C -band transmittor problem or if it's part of the onging shift of channels from Thaicom 2 to 5, even through I'm pretty sure above Ch 9 frequency data is a Thaicom 5 transmittor and was working a few days ago.

Anyway, I did get Ch 9 MCOT back with the following settings found on Lyngsat at http://www.lyngsat.com/thai5.html . These settings are for a different transmittor on Thaicom 5.

Freq: 3600

Symbol Rate: 26667

Polority: H

Video PID: 0517

Audio PID: 0690

PCR PID: 0517

I noticed this morning that I wasn't receiving Channel 9 MCOT on C Band, but Ch 9 MCOT was broadcasting on TrueVisions and the MCOT web site. Don't really know if it's just a temporary C -band transmittor problem or if it's part of the onging shift of channels from Thaicom 2 to 5, even through I'm pretty sure above Ch 9 frequency data is a Thaicom 5 transmittor and was working a few days ago.

Anyway, I did get Ch 9 MCOT back with the following settings found on Lyngsat at http://www.lyngsat.com/thai5.html . These settings are for a different transmittor on Thaicom 5.

Sorry but those are the old details. The new Modern Nine (CH-9) transponder details are;

FREQ: 3520

POL: H

SR: 20000

MCOT HD also included in the change too.

Well, I put up a terrestrial antenna to avoid the annoying satellite restrictions (no FIFA games), but was pretty surprised to end up with the same problem (at least on MCOT) - no FIFA insert there as well at least for the game I tried to watch - waited until 1am only to find this out LOL

This is in Sa Kaeo province, I've been told the terrestrial antenna is in Sa Kaeo town.

<deleted>?

I noticed this morning that I wasn't receiving Channel 9 MCOT on C Band, but Ch 9 MCOT was broadcasting on TrueVisions and the MCOT web site. Don't really know if it's just a temporary C -band transmitter problem or if it's part of the ongoing shift of channels from Thaicom 2 to 5, even through I'm pretty sure above Ch 9 frequency data is a Thaicom 5 transmitter and was working a few days ago.

Anyway, I did get Ch 9 MCOT back with the following settings found on Lyngsat at http://www.lyngsat.com/thai5.html . These settings are for a different transmitter on Thaicom 5.

Sorry but those are the old details. The new Modern Nine (CH-9) transponder details are;

FREQ: 3520

POL: H

SR: 20000

MCOT HD also included in the change too.

Thanks for the second set of details. They work also, but I don't see them listed on Lyngsat. In fact, these details magically fixed my Aeasn TV channel even through I didn't enter any updated data for that channel; only Ch 9. The Ch 9 3520 Freq and Pol H is listed as you describe on Lyngsat, but the Pol is listed as 15624. Where did you get your updated details?

The Ch 9 details I gave were from Lyngsat and definitely work compared to the truly old details which no longer work. Not uncommon for the same satellite to broadcast a particular channel on multiple transmitters using different frequencies, polarization, and/or Symbol Rate. Whenever I do a Blind Scan I always end up with several channels be listed several times, but running at different frequencies, polarazation, and/or SR.

Cheers and thanks again for the 2nd set of data for Ch 9.

Well, I put up a terrestrial antenna to avoid the annoying satellite restrictions (no FIFA games), but was pretty surprised to end up with the same problem (at least on MCOT) - no FIFA insert there as well at least for the game I tried to watch - waited until 1am only to find this out LOL

This is in Sa Kaeo province, I've been told the terrestrial antenna is in Sa Kaeo town.

<deleted>?

Receiving satellite TV sure can be a pain sometimes, especially when channel reception details/data (freq/pol/SR) change and then you have to figure out what the new data/details are, do a blind scan of all channels, etc. Maybe we all should just go back to rabbit ear antennas and black & white TV. Whoops I better be quite or some Thai govt official reading this forum might think it's a great idea...implementing shouldn't be no harder than implementing 3G. ;)

Edited by Pib

The point is that I thought the channels have the license to broadcast the championship only within Thailand, therefore having to cut the transmission (of championship games only) via satellite. My thinking was that the satellite can be received outside of Thailand as well, hence the problems.

So I was surprised that the terrestrial signal cut the game transmission as well. My theory was obviously wrong ;)

Thanks for the second set of details. They work also, but I don't see them listed on Lyngsat. In fact, these details magically fixed my Aeasn TV channel even through I didn't enter any updated data for that channel; only Ch 9. The Ch 9 3520 Freq and Pol H is listed as you describe on Lyngsat, but the Pol is listed as 15624. Where did you get your updated details?

I used to be one of the largest autoscan satellite stations for the then satcodx.com so it is easy to find anything from anywhere if we can see it here.

There are two major sources for this information;

1. This blind scan box http://www.jsat.tv/component/content/article/44-packages/126-nano-set-top-box.html and this one in HD http://www.jsat.tv/satellite-packages/hdtv-set-top-box.html which finds every thing on the satellite in SD, 4:2:2, HD etc ..

2. The old Ch9 on Thaicom 5 tells you also of the changes in Thai

Please do not think by any means lyngsat.com is the bible for satellite TV channels, what it is merely an indication of what is/was there last week.

Thanks...my Dynasat Mini 1 settop box does Blind Scans also. But I don't like doing Blind Scan that often (maybe once a year) because the scan basically readds al the channels it finds to your current list of channels. Then you need to delete duplicates of the channels unless you just want your list of channels to expand from about 150 channels to 300 channels after the blind scan. And running around the house to do that on multiple boxes is a pain just to recover one or two channels that disappeared/changed frequencies.

Is the satcodx.com site you referenced really satbeams.com because whenever I cut and paste or type in satcodx.com the satbeams.com site comes up. Yea, I know that lyngsat ain't a bible because it's only as good as how to up to date it's kept...and a lot of that depends on representatives of various satellite TV companies logging onto their accounts and doing updates promptly.. But it's still about the best reference out there that I know of.

Thanks again and cheers.