Lifan Lf250-B

connda

First of all congratulations with your new motorbike. I must give you a word warning for the HD and Honda adapten here on this website. When I bought my new motorbike, a Platinum 150, 3 year ago I did receive a pile of comments here on this website.

Mostly bad news and all kind of predictions that would happen with me if I drive on it.Now 3 year later and 50.000 km on the meter he still runs strong and in all that time he never leave me down.

I wish you a Happy New Year 2011 and many good rides and much happiness with your new Lifan motorbike.

Regards :jap:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dutchrama,

Nice to hear from you again. I also have two friends who have a Platinum PX125 and the other a PX175 and are still happy after also a few years of ownership.

On this forum there is also a posting about a Honda CZ-i 110 with a leaking exhaust pipe which apparently Honda did fix as it was not covert by the 3-year warranty. Lifan doesn't have 3-year warranty, but if in the two-years your exhaust pipe has leaks from corrosion you get a new one.

Source: Honda Wave Czi Exhaust Leak

So what is quality? The Lifan LF250-B is proven quality it's sold from Germany and most European countries to the USA and some other American countries in the South and North. Not forgetting that Lifan is also available in Australia and New Zealand, and probably you can see some African nations using them as police motorcycles... and people complain about possible parts problems...

Personally I would worry more about parts for a Honda CZ-i 110 which is only sold and produced in Thailand. The Lifan LF250-B is produced on 3 locations in the world, Thailand is the latest addition to this 3. Lifan builds the LF250-B completely in Thailand and only some small pieces of plastic are currently still being imported...(this will change as soon).

Anyway enough about Lifan... I received information that Sym in Thailand will introduce a 250cc v-twin cruiser in January. Currently not much information available about this 250cc V-twin cruiser from Sym, other that it's likely a bit more expensive than a Lifan LF250-B, but the first week of January I will tell all about it...

Hi Dutchrama,

Nice to hear from you again. I also have two friends who have a Platinum PX125 and the other a PX175 and are still happy after also a few years of ownership.

On this forum there is also a posting about a Honda CZ-i 110 with a leaking exhaust pipe which apparently Honda did fix as it was not covert by the 3-year warranty. Lifan doesn't have 3-year warranty, but if in the two-years your exhaust pipe has leaks from corrosion you get a new one.

So what is quality? The Lifan LF250-B is proven quality it's sold from Germany and most European countries to the USA and some other American countries in the South and North. Not forgetting that Lifan is also available in Australia and New Zealand, and probably you can see some African nations using them as police motorcycles... and people complain about possible parts problems...

Personally I would worry more about parts for a Honda CZ-i 110 which is only sold and produced in Thailand. The Lifan LF250-B is produced on 3 locations in the world, Thailand is the latest addition to this 3. Lifan builds the LF250-B completely in Thailand and only some small pieces of plastic are currently still being imported...(this will change as soon).

Anyway enough about Lifan... I received information that Sym in Thailand will introduce a 250cc v-twin cruiser in January. Currently not much information available about this 250cc V-twin cruiser from Sym, other that it's likely a bit more expensive than a Lifan LF250-B, but the first week of January I will tell all about it...

Who are Sym?

Hi Dutchrama,

Who are Sym?

Bill, here is one of their website : http://www.sym.com.tw/eng/ and here a wiki about Sym; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYM_Motors

mbox

Anyway enough about Lifan... I received information that Sym in Thailand will introduce a 250cc v-twin cruiser in January. Currently not much information available about this 250cc V-twin cruiser from Sym, other that it's likely a bit more expensive than a Lifan LF250-B, but the first week of January I will tell all about it... Richard BKK

Sort of off topic, I'd say, but a good teaser. So far as I can find, Sym has not yet made a 250 motorcycle - or a twin for its scooters - but another Taiwanese company, Kymco, does. Neither company builds in Thailand yet, I find, but the Kymco bike is advertised at 28HP, where as my Chinese Lifan Custom V250 boasts of only 18.

28HP seems to ring some kind of bell. 250. Hmm.

There are some folks who will not like the distinction between Taiwanese and Chinese being made this way and I apologize. I'm a Stranger Here Myself.

Anyway enough about Lifan... I received information that Sym in Thailand will introduce a 250cc v-twin cruiser in January. Currently not much information available about this 250cc V-twin cruiser from Sym, other that it's likely a bit more expensive than a Lifan LF250-B, but the first week of January I will tell all about it... Richard BKK

Sort of off topic, I'd say, but a good teaser. So far as I can find, Sym has not yet made a 250 motorcycle - or a twin for its scooters - but another Taiwanese company, Kymco, does. Neither company builds in Thailand yet, I find, but the Kymco bike is advertised at 28HP, where as my Chinese Lifan Custom V250 boasts of only 18.

28HP seems to ring some kind of bell. 250. Hmm.

There are some folks who will not like the distinction between Taiwanese and Chinese being made this way and I apologize. I'm a Stranger Here Myself.

Sym has a manufacturing plant in Thailand, check you facts... But I do not know if the the 250cc cruiser, which Sym Thailand is talking about is made in Thailand. Still, with ASEAN regulations the bike could be build in any ASEAN country or partner country to benefit from zero import duty due to the fact it's less then 250cc.

Sym has a manufacturing plant in Thailand, check you facts... But I do not know if the the 250cc cruiser, which Sym Thailand is talking about is made in Thailand. Still, with ASEAN regulations the bike could be build in any ASEAN country or partner country to benefit from zero import duty due to the fact it's less then 250cc. Richard-BKK

If you say so, I stand corrected with thanks. As you point out, it does not matter from the tax point of view in these smaller bikes, given, for example, that Sym has a big presence in Viet-Nam and if it is built there.

For what it is worth, Taiwanese products have a far better reputation in the U.S. than those branded from mainland China. I know that Kymco and I believe Sym were sold (scooters) in continental Europe 7 years ago, though I do not know that they were successful there. Anyway, as you suggest, they'll ask a bigger price than Lifan.

As for checking my facts, I had only looked at Wiki and Sym's site (.tw.eng) - neither of which mention Sym's presence here. But I was checking my facts by posting and you responded with a better informed one. Now I know better. That's why I'm here - to check my facts.

Hi Dutchrama,

Who are Sym?

Bill, here is one of their website : http://www.sym.com.tw/eng/ and here a wiki about Sym; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYM_Motors

mbox

I looked at that website and there is no 250 showing only the Wolf 125cc in various guises.

I looked at that website and there is no 250 showing only the Wolf 125cc in various guises. 766

Sure. That's what Richard-BKK wrote - not much is known. But he'll let us know next month. Probably a big secret in some places. Hope they do a better job than APHonda with specs, prices, dates, and availability, not that I'm in the market to buy one. But the market is filling up nicely with alternatives, it seems.

Edited by CMX

I looked at that website and there is no 250 showing only the Wolf 125cc in various guises. 766

Sure. That's what Richard-BKK wrote - not much is known. But he'll let us know next month. Probably a big secret in some places. Hope they do a better job than APHonda with specs, prices, dates, and availability, not that I'm in the market to buy one. But the market is filling up nicely with alternatives, it seems.

I ride a Honda Phantom which is fine providing I am not expecting rocketship performance.

However it gets me everywhere I want to go at a reasonable speed, in comfort with reliability.

The local Honda shop in the village 6 km away can service and fix most things on the spot or if parts are needed it is usually only 3 days for delivery.

My main and probably only bitch is that on a run I am on about 95% throttle and I have to go down to 4th if I want to overtake safely. The engine revs are there but the gearbox has 5th and 6th as more of an overdrive.

I have thought about the Honda Steed 4 and 600cc but from where I live to the nearest "reliable" old bike fixer is 125km one way and about 200 km the other way.

If it breaks down nobody here would be able to fix it plus I would have to chase around for parts and then somehow get the bike to the fixer on a long bed pickup and prise the scooter from my wife.

Not really value for the money I would have to pay for a good one with a green book.

I would prefer to buy something new with a warranty and service network cheaper.