Ladykatas Electric

phuketrex

ladykata wrote>>>

anyway the latest thing i bought off the internet, a import from china reduces your electric bill, a replacement fuse box with a digital readout, don't know the technical name for it, my bill was on average 3500 baht, now never over 600 baht, i know a electrical device uses electric so how can it use less to work, i don't know but within 3 months it had paid for itself, now all my friends are buying and installing them.

3500 baht for a month!!!!...and you're a lady living on your own? What on earth are you running there? I've been here 5 years. Apartment I'm in now I have a fan and computer running almost all day and nighttime I run aircon all night. My bill has NEVER been more than 1800 baht. Seems to me before you installed all the money saving gadgets you were being ripped off. You sure you weren't paying for next doors' electric too? That goes on a lot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I met a Swedish dude in Patong last year trying to convince me he had the answer to my electric bill woes. I told him I didn't have any electric bill woes, but he insisted that his "device" (apparently the same or similar to our Lady's device) would save me big bucks on my bill. He and his "partner" were in Thailand to "promote their product". More likely trying to scam unsuspecting tourists to pay for their holiday.

I assured him that there was no way I was dumb enough to believe that such a device is legal, as it would be cheating the electric company. And he admitted that they were illegal in (at least) Sweden. And I know such devices are illegal in the USA.

Maybe he found a sucker (or another partner) in Kata? blink.gif

So eventually if that's the case and these gadgets are illegal...maybe they are diverting the metering to somebody elses' usage!...at some point the company who supplies ladykata with her electric are going to wonder why they are only getting 600 baht a month off her when she used to spend 3500 baht with them and will come knocking on her door to find out why and will no doubt find her using the illegal devices? She is effectively committing fraud and cheating the electric company out of their revenue right...or this magic box is sending some of her metering to some poor unsuspecting neighbour which again is fraud. She must be really gullible to think this magic box is going to reduce her bill so much without someone the other end noticing.

Or 3500 baht to 600 baht...to put it in laymans' terms...she's fiddling the meter bigtime!

Edited by phuketrex

So eventually if that's the case and these gadgets are illegal...maybe they are diverting the metering to somebody elses' usage!...at some point the company who supplies ladykata with her electric are going to wonder why they are only getting 600 baht a month off her when she used to spend 3500 baht with them and will come knocking on her door to find out why and will no doubt find her using the illegal devices? She is effectively committing fraud and cheating the electric company out of their revenue right...or this magic box is sending some of her metering to some poor unsuspecting neighbour which again is fraud. She must be really gullible to think this magic box is going to reduce her bill so much without someone the other end noticing.

Or 3500 baht to 600 baht...to put it in laymans' terms...she's fiddling the meter bigtime!

1. I lease a large house and aircon bottom floor 24/7 for 3500 baht a month electricity. That includes a washing machine and dryer, oven used frequently.

2. You cannot reduce your electric bill with any device local to your "fuse box" without reducing your usage. Period. Unless someone has repealed Ohms law and/or the power formula.

Who installed this device for you?

Edited by oldgeezer

I have seen devices to cheat a meter.. But these needed to be connected to the meter location (which in the UK is inside your house) and even so I am still not convinced these were not simply snake oil.

But with a simple understanding of the physics.. There is no device you can plug into your system that reduces your electric load to 30% of its current load. if you think so your soft in the head and I have a nice bridge for sale.

Of course you can eliminate vampire loads, you can use more efficient appliances, you can use normal appliances in a more efficient manner, but there is no way you 'plug in a box' and it reduces the current equipments load used the same way.

Simple Ohm's law is a constant.

Oh and in electric useage threads instead of stating the amount paid its much more helpful if people state the Kwh used as people pay such different amounts.. In my current house I am usually around 1000 Kwh but was 1300 last month due to guests and higher temps I think.

In a previous place it was as high as 4000 Kwh at its worst.. Thats a big bill even for the cheap units.

1. I lease a large house and aircon bottom floor 24/7 for 3500 baht a month electricity. That includes a washing machine and dryer, oven used frequently.

2. You cannot reduce your electric bill with any device local to your "fuse box" without reducing your usage. Period. Unless someone has repealed Ohms law and/or the power formula.

Who installed this device for you?

As I understood it OG, the device does not reduce actual power consumption. Rather, it somehow fools the meter or fudges the reading, essentially cheating the power company. Don't know exactly how it works -- if it works -- and didn't care enough to ask. wink.gif

Yes I understand there may be meter cheaters.. Not reducing your useage but just ripping off the electric co.

Tho you know the ways Thais love to punish farangs ripping off Thai companies (remember the days of the UBC hack cards ?? dam_n they hit those guys hard) its not a device I would like to leave installed.

Yes I understand there may be meter cheaters.. Not reducing your useage but just ripping off the electric co.

Tho you know the ways Thais love to punish farangs ripping off Thai companies (remember the days of the UBC hack cards ?? dam_n they hit those guys hard) its not a device I would like to leave installed.

again there you go jumping the gun, knowing better, look in this thread, these devices are out there, other members have seen and heard of them, the legality of them is in question as i explained in my original reference to it. the device is as far as i know "simply a smart electric feed management system" i explained in brief that i have a digital readout consumer box, new wiring and sockets and a alarm style gismo box in the garage.

In depth now, same principle as a car engine, a car engine 30 years ago maybe done 15 KM to the gallon, the same size engine car today with even more power in output, because of fuel management and technology that car today nearly get twice as much KM to the gallon.

even if we stick to the original 30 year old car, simple better driving and braking will produce better fuel consumption.

Now instead of petrol, it's electric

Good luck paying your bills, all i know mine will be less for more output

again there you go jumping the gun, knowing better, look in this thread, these devices are out there, other members have seen and heard of them, the legality of them is in question as i explained in my original reference to it. the device is as far as i know "simply a smart electric feed management system" i explained in brief that i have a digital readout consumer box, new wiring and sockets and a alarm style gismo box in the garage.

In depth now, same principle as a car engine, a car engine 30 years ago maybe done 15 KM to the gallon, the same size engine car today with even more power in output, because of fuel management and technology that car today nearly get twice as much KM to the gallon.

even if we stick to the original 30 year old car, simple better driving and braking will produce better fuel consumption.

Sorry, impossible seen from an electrical engineers eys. You may fool your meter (which we learned all about how to do in school), but your voltage or withdrawn amps wont be changed by a device, so your kwh consumption can only be reduced by

changing to more energy efficient appliances,

reduce their load (like increasing setting of AC temp)

or switching them off.

Just like a car.

Its a criminal defence in LOS as in most countries. Fine and jail for a thai, additional deportation for farang would probably be the courts decision

What a load of bull. Stupidity at its best

Sorry, impossible seen from an electrical engineers eys. You may fool your meter (which we learned all about how to do in school), but your voltage or withdrawn amps wont be changed by a device, so your kwh consumption can only be reduced by

changing to more energy efficient appliances,

reduce their load (like increasing setting of AC temp)

or switching them off.

Just like a car.

Its a criminal defence in LOS as in most countries. Fine and jail for a thai, additional deportation for farang would probably be the courts decision

100% agree, as it's been explained to me and it would be interesting as a test case in law, and as you should know as a engineer ???.

if a car company makes the car run more efficient, why don't the petrol companies sue the car makers.

same principle, i'm not stealing electric, i'm managing it better, everything from kettle, toasters, AC, TV's are constantly sensored and calibrated by the feed back from the system generally. there are add on's in the form of solar and wind turbines, but the add on don't make financial sense, nether would the device if i'd paid top dollar for it, this is a serious piece of technology, not a off the self DIY engineer system.

I have to ask, so please don't get cross, what standard of engineer are you, by the way you jumped in and responded i guess a standard diploma

same principle, i'm not stealing electric, i'm managing it better, everything from kettle, toasters, AC, TV's are constantly sensored and calibrated by the feed back from the system generally. there are add on's in the form of solar and wind turbines, but the add on don't make financial sense, nether would the device if i'd paid top dollar for it, this is a serious piece of technology, not a off the self DIY engineer system.

so how is this device monitoring all your devices, with no additional wiring?

so how is this device monitoring all your devices, with no additional wiring?

Please, please, please, read the original thread, i technically don't know, i got a A4 piece of paper taped to it, check my original thread on the subject,of money saving expert, i mentioned it in passing and that a friend was sole importer in parts of asia and the EEC, i also explained i got myself in deep water mentioning it over the legality of it, once i have a certificate i'll have a consumer device party, ann summers but with appliances. the principle of the car is how it got explained, again i have a replacement fuse box with a digit readout, new listen for it, wire-ring and again socket that don't take Thai plugs, that was the only initial problem. a alarm style box in the garage.

Now it's send us a picture, google it, investigate it, you have to work to save money, i do it everyday

Is the device located before the metre, or after the metre?

Please once and for all, even i know if it was before the meter, i could steal electric all day, of coarse after the meter, i pay a monthly bill just like others, just quite a bit less, i pay for what i use, just it's managed better, how hard is it to comprehend.

again do your homework to save money, that was the original post and topic and i got shot down for it

I know your a woman.. So I'll go slow..

This isnt about a different 'engine' your household current draw remains the same.. Ohms law is a physical constant.

Your either A) imagining it works / placebo effect or B ) Stealing electric.

This isnt about a different 'engine' your household current draw remains the same.. Ohms law is a physical constant.

Agreed

A device that reduces your electrical bill by over 500% is just not possible!!

you are stealing it!

A device that reduces the bill by 500% is possible.. By theft.. :)

A device that reduces your electrical use, while still using the precise same devices the same amount.. Thats not possible.

Where is this said device ?? Whose selling them ?? Wheres the product literature ?? Wheres the reviews ?? As I said in the thread when it was first posted, I suspect its like those "put this device on your car and save 30% gas mileage".

dear friend, do you still think the world is flat, items, appliances, AC's, all use energy, i've explained and i don't know why you don't listen, use your eye's and ears in that ratio, all i know is that my bill on a conventional system would be higher, why question it, fact and evidence, It's make no difference to me either way, the amount of money i could save a community of ex-pats would be staggering but then again why save a ship if it's already manned by rats, if i'd told you 10 years ago you'd carry a virtual library on a stick in your pocket , your answer would have been????

Ohms law.. Look it up.. Read it.. See if you can understand it..

Your devices cannot 'use less energy' without changing the device, or its useage. They can possibly 'cost less' by stealing electric. But even that factor I am not convinced on.

If this device is so legit.. Where is the information, review, data, dealers, etc ?? Why is it so cloak and dagger ??

Dear friend

just show us the pics, and post the literature!

Then us engineers can see this wonderful device.

If a device is rated at 1000W, it will need 1000W to power it. Period (that is to say 1 KwH)

Edited by Forkinhades

In fairness she did say it was a prototype so there wouldnt be a great deal of literature available.

But I would have to say that it is impossible to reduce the supply of electric to any appliance and still have it function normally. All devices have their required feed and reducing it will simply turn them off or damage them. The only devices I know of that sound like the one in question give a digital readout of power consumption/baht per hour and then allow you to monitor it closely by unplugging switching off appliances in order to save more money.

In fairness she did say it was a prototype so there wouldnt be a great deal of literature available.

But I would have to say that it is impossible to reduce the supply of electric to any appliance and still have it function normally. All devices have their required feed and reducing it will simply turn them off or damage them. The only devices I know of that sound like the one in question give a digital readout of power consumption/baht per hour and then allow you to monitor it closely by unplugging switching off appliances in order to save more money.

Agreed, but not by 583%

Dear friend

just show us the pics, and post the literature!

Then us engineers can see this wonderful device.

If a device is rated at 1000W, it will need 1000W to power it. Period (that is to say 1 KwH)

You see thats the attitude that makes you pay more for electric then me, if i can send you pictures and stuff, would you commit in buying a system today, again not off me but a distributor if there are any in Thailand, i believe your wasting mine and especially your own time, your a tyre kicker, i'll think about tomorrow guy, a softy, no commitment, when was the last time you read something you didn't believe and bought, your a non believer, don't buy, pay your bill, only the energy company wins, not you, god my air cons cold now!!!