In Need Of A Decent Place To Study At.

Yunnie

I'm finding that staying on campus is starting to make me claustrophobic. I was wondering if anyone knows of some decent places to go hand out/ study at. Normally I go to Wawee across from Carrefour cause its close and I;m lazy. lol. Also I notice Pantip plaza's 4th floor is decent and noisy enough for background noise. Carrefour complex is just too crowded and noisy. Kad suan Kaew is just too far.

Pretty much I'm looking for - Air con place, with internet, decent food in or near by (and dont mind me eating/studying it in there for a few hours), outlets, slight big clean tables, and a CLEAN restroom in building...

Try Esplanade....many quiet places to study and many thai students use the facilities for that purpose as well

Seriously ? This is the CM forum unsure.gif

For those who are confused. It's a nice, big aircon shoppingmall on Rachadapisek, Bangkok.

Try Esplanade....many quiet places to study and many thai students use the facilities for that purpose as well

Seriously ? This is the CM forum unsure.gif

For those who are confused. It's a nice, big aircon shoppingmall on Rachadapisek, Bangkok.

Just a short flight away... :P

I always work at Nimmanhemin road, there's lots of cafes there. 94 coffee, Starbucks, Wawee (3 branches on nimman!), Happy Hut in 2 locations (favorite with students because free WiFi and cheap), Doi Chang Coffee, Doi Tung, Caffe Nero (Black canyon coffee by another name, also free WiFi). There's many more little independent coffee shops too. And many students.

Internet options not sure you need it:

Wawee 30bht/hour

Starbucks 150bht/hour (yeah right)

94 1 hour free with every order

Happy Hut free

Cafe Nero free

Cafe Genoise free - dangerous place as they have amazing french cakes, you'll get fat there.

... the others, I don't know, but I think most of them probably either free, or free for 1 hour or so.

Ahh maybe I should specify where... I refuse to go to the west side of Chiang mai all the way from the East side (Carrefour - super highway area) just to study. lol

So with that said, Nimmanhemin and Airport Plaza area.. no >_>; Pantip Plaza is the farthest I'll go. Yeah, I know... Not many of you hang out east of the Ping... :(

If Pantip is as far as you will go then,

• The 2nd floor of Burger King is quiet.
  • The roof restaurant of the Porg Ping hotel is not too noisy.
  • The lobby areas of Shangra La or La Miridan hotels are nice.
  • Payap University Library on the 3rd and 4th floors.

Good luck!

Take the super past C4 south towards Lamphun, past the cloverleaf turnoff(east to Central) and to the next cloverleaf with the Mitsu dealership. Just 100-or-so meters further is the Raming Tea Co(and Cdn Consulate). At the edge of the super they have a new, clean, air-conditioned tea and coffee shop with WiF at ~20Baht/hr. Several tables, quiet, ideal for study. :jap: