Any School In Phuket Or Someone To Teach How To Set Up A Simple Website ?

april81

Hi.

You Can do this yourself quite easily, firstly you need a Domain name & buy some small webspace from your name provider - they will give you the passwords to upload your site to there mainframe.

Take a look at a very easy & nice programme called "visual site designer" from coffeecup.com - you can trial it without buying, they have easy tutorials, it's easy & fun, also you can make all the changes yourself, without having to keep paying someone to do it for you. - website design is quite addictive!

good luck

Hi.

YAnother way you can do this yourself quite easily, firstly you need a Domain name & buy some small webspace from your name provider - they will give you the passwords to upload your site to there mainframe.

Take a look at a very easy & nice programme called "visual site designer" from coffeecup.com - you can trial it without buying, they have easy tutorials, it's easy & fun, also you can make all the changes yourself, without having to keep paying someone to do it for you. - website design is quite addictive!

good luck

Sure you could go to a tutor, but in honesty doing it all online is probably simpler and you can work at your own pace and timetable.

Actually for a first timer, I would reccomend setting up a blog which esentially is a (normally) simplified website.

The good news is it won't cost you a penny! all you will need is a PC, and an internet connection.

Blogger from Google is especially easy to use, in fact I dare too say it doesn't get simpler.

To help, you also have access to other "Bloggers" and Google support - all 100% free which means you use their servers for your website name and hosting - it all happens automatically.

Get started here;

http://www.blogger.com/home

You can see examples of other peoples work there as well, but for a very simple job I did for an Australian client last year take a look at this;

and good luck, Tim

Edited by LivinginKata
Link removed

Per earlier posters, set up an account and domain name at a good web host service, then using the web tools provided by the web host. I have used 1and1.com for eight years now and very much recommend them They have excellent free tools that allow you to set up your own website. These websites go beyond just simple pages and have some very attractive designs. Note I have no connection or interest in 1and1 beyond getting very good service from them.

Sure you could go to a tutor, but in honesty doing it all online is probably simpler and you can work at your own pace and timetable.

Actually for a first timer, I would reccomend setting up a blog which esentially is a (normally) simplified website.

The good news is it won't cost you a penny! all you will need is a PC, and an internet connection.

Blogger from Google is especially easy to use, in fact I dare too say it doesn't get simpler.

To help, you also have access to other "Bloggers" and Google support - all 100% free which means you use their servers for your website name and hosting - it all happens automatically.

Get started here;

http://www.blogger.com/home

You can see examples of other peoples work there as well, but for a very simple job I did for an Australian client last year take a look at this;

and good luck, Tim

Although i am normally a google fan, i must say i had problems with their blogger.com site.

I created a blog and everything is in Thai language. (i cannot read or write Thai)

So, it is useless for me.

I have tried numerous times and I can't figure out how to change it so, just moved on and used wordpress instead.

Perhaps if you said you were from your home country instead of Thailand it wouldn't do that.

If you need your own URL (domain name) then you must get a host. If not, there are freebies out there. Besides wordpress, which i use for my blog, i have used tripod/lycos for a few sites. Their web-building software is easy. (but they put a few ads on there to pay the bills, as it's a freebie)

What type of website are you trying to build? A Drupal and CiviCRM combo can be perfect for some applications (most of the sites we build are a Drupal / Civi / Flash combo). It has a somewhat steep learning curve though and could be more than what you're looking for.

I agree with everyone else - Wordpress is a great blogging platform with tons of free customizable themes. It's easy to manage and update, and some hosting providers have automated installs and updates. Or, try building something with Blogger or Google sites to get your feet wet.

My two baht: I think you need to answer 1) What's the purpose of the website (e.g. static "about" information, share media) 2) Who's your audience and how they access it and 3) Who's managing / maintaining it?

Edited by mshoichi

Google Sites is easy and simple if you just need a static site, no data collection or logins or e-commerce. I made this one in less than an hour with about another hour to finish the details and pics -

You need a Google account (free). I can do this for you if it's easy, maybe next week sometime after Monday - PM if needed. - SSeek

Edited by LivinginKata
Link removed

Before choosing a CMS - consider how many pages you need and how often you want to update the site. If it's a fairly static site and only 3 or 4 pages don't use a CMS. Setting up a decent CMS and knowing how to use it is not task for beginners.

You can get some fairly decent free website templates from here for a simple site: www.oswd.org. As already mentioned you will need a domain and hosting unless you go for a free blog type with an awful long subdomain / URL.