Honda Steed 400Cc

Danny79

Hello there,

I am considering buying a Honda Steed 400cc.

Preferably a second hand customized bike that's still in a pretty good shape.

Now, before I get my money out of my pockets, I'd like to know from some people who had a Steed before what their experiences are.

What are things I really have to pay attention to?

What are the weak points of this bike?

Then some good addresses (preferably south, around Surathani) where to find descent second hand Steeds would be very welcome too.

Hi there...just some thoughts ..

As with any "grey import" pay attention to the legality ie green book, correct nrs frame vs green book and only pay after the transfer to your name took place.

Having ridden both the 400 & 600 steed....i must admit the 600 steed is so much more better in power and torque so i do recommend the 600 rather than the 400 ...

Spares should be easy to find.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Hi

I have a customised 400 Steed and Would say the electrics are the stumbling block of most of them.Rectifiers get fried but are easy to source(as is most parts). Its a slow comfortable ride

which suits the crap roads in Isaan.

What price/year are you looking at?

Thanks for replying.

Actually I don't think I'll be needing a 600cc as I will mainly use it on Phangan and once in a while to go the border for my visa.

I'm not planning to do every visa run with the bike, that'd be too much.

I've been driving quite a while with a Honda dream, but I feel so extremely unsafe on these bikes, that I want to buy a bigger and more descent bike.

The price I want to give for it, depends on the quality of the bike, I don't want to have an old rusted bike but a brand new isn't necessary either.

Somehow a good balance between price and quality.

about the green book, which instances are trustworthy and how to see it clearly if the documents might be messed around with?

Thanks for replying.

Actually I don't think I'll be needing a 600cc as I will mainly use it on Phangan and once in a while to go the border for my visa.

I'm not planning to do every visa run with the bike, that'd be too much.

I've been driving quite a while with a Honda dream, but I feel so extremely unsafe on these bikes, that I want to buy a bigger and more descent bike.

The price I want to give for it, depends on the quality of the bike, I don't want to have an old rusted bike but a brand new isn't necessary either.

Somehow a good balance between price and quality.

about the green book, which instances are trustworthy and how to see it clearly if the documents might be messed around with?

I would suggest a price between 100 > 120k would get you a very good example WITH a green book. Two friends locally paid those prices and

got very nice/reliable bikes.

If you want advice about checking Green book/Page 18, Search here, because its been discussed many times.

• 3 weeks later...

The only problem I've had with the bike is it doesn't corner well. Very good tires will help on windy roads, or higher speed turns, slow turns are always harder on this bike over most others.

I guess that's a pretty common thing for these kind of bikes, no?

Anyways, thanks for the advices!

And if someone of you knows a pretty nice Steed for sale, don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers!!