Where To Get Vaccinations In Cm

kawtot

Hi all,

Need vaccination for Japanese Encephalitis but have no idea where to go in CM... hospitals, clinics, travel doctors?

Ixiaro vaccine highly desirable.

Location around the southern/eastern sides of CMU would be a bonus.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

KT

You could go to Chiang Mai University Hospital - the Sripat Building would be the quickest.

But if you prefer a clinic, then this place gets my vote: HCMC Health Care Medical Clinic, Chiang Mai

Thanks elektrified.

Went to Sripat @ CMU.

I'm no longer spooked by the constant inquisitive stares (maybe the hospital is cost-free for Thai nationals?), but the queue was looooooong so have booked into the clinic you recommended.

You could go to Chiang Mai University Hospital - the Sripat Building would be the quickest.

But if you prefer a clinic, then this place gets my vote: HCMC Health Care Medical Clinic, Chiang Mai

Thanks elektrified.

Went to Sripat @ CMU.

I'm no longer spooked by the constant inquisitive stares (maybe the hospital is cost-free for Thai nationals?), but the queue was looooooong so have booked into the clinic you recommended.

Actually Sripat is not free for Thai Nationals.

The clinic I recommended is run by the nicest and most competent Dr. Nisachon Morgan, M.D. She is really on top of things and will not give you a cheap vaccine. She only stocks high-quality drugs. And she speaks perfect fluent English.

hallo.

so you can get ixiaro in thailand? i thought they only used jevax. i would really appreciate a fast response. i need to decide which one to buy in the next hour. (and will take the second vaccination in thailand).

thanks in advance!

hallo.

so you can get ixiaro in thailand? i thought they only used jevax. i would really appreciate a fast response. i need to decide which one to buy in the next hour. (and will take the second vaccination in thailand).

thanks in advance!

No there is no Ixiaro in Thailand at the moment. Jevax is very safe and widely used in Thailand and asean country without any serious problem though.

Report back:

Received vaccination at HCMC.

Ixiaro - a relatively new formulation- is not yet approved in thailand, so JEVax - an 'older' vaccine - was administered. On the evidence-base, it seems Ixiaro and JEVax are about equally effective.

HCMC clinic and staff excellent, as described by elektrified (thank you).

Slightly off-topic, but to clarify my earlier post: the 'stares' I experienced at Sripat were unusually inquisitive compared to previous experience here, which comprises several months spent with Thai Nationals and/or Thai expats in both cities and rural villages (where guava-coloured skin, hairy arms and general farang-ness attract massive attention... e.g. love how the kids just run up and touch you to confirm what they "see" :-). There was nothing hostile behind the stares, or in my comment about them.