Hiv Test In Chiang Mai

ChouDoufu

I'm looking for a facility in chiang mai with hiv testing, and that will provide a nice results certificate with name and

passport number (suitable for framing), and should have some sort of official stamp. not looking for the anonymous

"oops" test, this is required for employment visa.

thanks for that. i've sent an email to the hang dog clinic. ram and sripat as backup options. and for next posting, any suggestions as to how i can 'sex up' the thread title? getting fewer page views than 'colonoscopy.' just burns my ass.

thanks for that. i've sent an email to the hang dog clinic. ram and sripat as backup options. and for next posting, any suggestions as to how i can 'sex up' the thread title? getting fewer page views than 'colonoscopy.' just burns my ass.

A colonoscopy can burn your ass too at times.

It's probably because the HIV thing has been done so often and people have tired of it.

I'm sure there are lots of HIV threads you could search for yourself.

I can't think of any new information that anyone is going to give you, especially regarding the 'certificate suitable for framing'.

In your case you seem pretty certain that you don't have HIV, unless you want to frame a certificate that says you do. With a colonoscopy, one never knows and in this particular case seems more important than yours.

Edited by uptheos

i did a search of previous postings.  couldn't find what i was looking for.  seems more often posters are looking for places where they can get anonymous results, and are more concerned  with not having to show any identification.  for my purpose, i need to be clearly identified as not having picked up a  little souvenir of my time in thailand.  this thread got the desired results in the end (!)  just received an email from the above referenced clinic. they do provide a stamped certificate.

(cost for HIV test and cholesterol lipid test is 850 baht.)

Edited by ChouDoufu

You will also need chest Xray, Blood and Urine tests for the illness on the Works dept list

All the test's required for work permit application cost me 1,100 Baht last year at the small hospital just off the Saturday market street.

Took about 1 hour all in for the tests and collected results and the signed letter from the Doctor.

Without the above signed doctors list  w/p will not be issued.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by heazille

I've heard conflicting things even from the people doing my work permit processing. One person told me get the HIV test certificate, the other told me just to get the Syphilis certificate. I went ahead and did the syph one - they say it's a new requirement this year. Odd one though, it could just be a way to screen or profile work permit applicants. But considering I'm teaching at a school for kids, it sounds funny, downright pessimistic about Farang men in this country, or just plain twisted when you think about it.

And of course on the other hand, in my home country this would be nobody's business either. Has nothing to do with my capabilities and of course no obvious reason to imply I or any other applicant would infect anyone. TIT !

stopped by the red cross just south of the us consulate.

they will do anonymous hiv testing.

their system is not set up to provide results with name attached.

3-day wait results will run you 40 baht. or maybe it was 70. i forget.

they suggested associated medical center, next to the bangkok bank building

in the sripat compound. hiv testing 250 baht.

sripat charges 650 with a lovely certificate.

hang dog clinic didn't give me a breakdown - both tests (hiv and lipid) 850 [their response said 'cholesterol test,'but may be tc only] sripat: lipid panel 450, hiv 650 ass.med. center: lipid panel 400, hiv 250

I went ahead and did the syph one - they say it's a new requirement this year. Odd one though, it could just be a way to screen or profile work permit applicants. But considering I'm teaching at a school for kids, it sounds funny, downright pessimistic about Farang men in this country, or just plain twisted when you think about it.

Don't worry, RTD... I'm a farang woman working at a software company here in CM and I too had to get the syphilis test. (Sorry, OP, this is mostly off-topic.) The medical certificate I was required to get was 200 baht including the syph test at CM Ram. They took my blood for the test, then the doctor and nurse gave me some cursory examination and signed a certificate saying I don't have the following:

Syphilis

Leprosy

Insanity

Elephantiasis

(and a few other things I forget now)

Got my WP about a month ago with no problems...

okay, seems my chinese friends want a full 'health certificate' before they

can process the work visa. unfortunately, it's only useful when applying for

the visa. once in china, i'll need to do another physical at a chinese

clinic in order to apply for the residence permit.

i'll see if i can find a form to download from one of the many embassy websites.

those of you who have gotten a medical certificate from ram or elsewhere,

what was involved?

okay, seems my chinese friends want a full 'health certificate' before they

can process the work visa. unfortunately, it's only useful when applying for

the visa. once in china, i'll need to do another physical at a chinese

clinic in order to apply for the residence permit.

i'll see if i can find a form to download from one of the many embassy websites.

those of you who have gotten a medical certificate from ram or elsewhere,

what was involved?

If you go to the Health Care Medical Clinic on the Hang Dong Road, it's only a matter of checking your blood pressure, temperature, weight, and the Doctor asking you a few questions. You will be in and out of there in just a few minutes. http://www.healthcaremedicalclinic.com/

I got the same thing at Sripat and I had to wait over 2 hours to see the Doctor. Price was roughly the same; about 100 Baht.

just checked with ram. yes the cost of the certificate is 100 baht.

but also need to add: xray 350, hiv 420, doctor fee 300, nurse fee 100.

i think there's also an xray evaluation fee.

according to the form from the chinese consulate. also need an ekg and syphilis test.

and they need to know if i carry cholera, yellow fever, plague, leprosy.

and i must check off whether i have mental confusion (yes, i do now, thank you!),

as well as manic, paranoid or hallucinatory psychosis. probably better to lie

on the last one.