One Year Extension Out Of Your Province

For the past Three years I have been doing my 90 day reporting at Pattaya Immigration, along with applying for a One year extensions when necessary taking my Thai wife along as required , we are now moving to a small village ( Soeng Sang ) about 1-1/2 hours from Korat , and I will be doing my 90 day reporting by post to Bangkok Immigration ,when it becomes time to apply for a further 1 year extension from what I can see the nearest Immigration would be in Bangkok, and then the next would be back in Pattaya.

My first question is this.... can I apply for a One year extension in Pattaya even if I don't live in the Chonburi area...? (as we will be making more trips back to Pattaya than going to Bangkok...? .) When I did apply for a One year extension ( support ) in Pattaya it usally took Two months before the approval came back from Bangkok.

question Two ...If I do go to Bangkok Immigration when the time comes to apply for the next One year extension, do you think I would still have to wait a Two month period for the application to be approved...? in other words if we do go to Bangkok instead of Pattaya ( if its allowed ) would I get the One year extension there and then , with out having to go back Two months later as with Pattaya..?

Thanks ...... Mumbo

The support Thai wife extension has always taken about 40-45 day to be approved in Bangkok and longer (due transit time) upcountry. A current post has advised of one being approved upcountry in about two weeks so perhaps the time is getting shorter, or it might be the fact poster has been in the system a long time. The retirement type is approved immediately.

Believe you should use Bangkok rather than Pattaya but you could ask them if they could continue doing it.

As far as I'm aware you can do the extention at any Immigration office, but they have to be sent to BKK for approval. The last 1 year extention I did they just stamped it on the day no waiting at all(BKK).

The first one took about 4 months due to mix up's with the local police report.I was under the impression that as long as your address has not changed and all you paperwork is in order that subsequent extentions there is no waiting period as there is no need for the police report.

As far as I'm aware you can do the extention at any Immigration office, but they have to be sent to BKK for approval. The last 1 year extention I did they just stamped it on the day no waiting at all(BKK).

The first one took about 4 months due to mix up's with the local police report.I was under the impression that as long as your address has not changed and all you paperwork is in order that subsequent extentions there is no waiting period as there is no need for the police report.

It is not normal AFAIK. Was your bank balance over 800k instead of the required 400k by any chance?

No mate just the 400,000 (and a bit)just checked with the wife we only went the one time (for the second extension). I just thought it was because we did'nt need the police check!! I'm no expert on Visa stuff so dont really know whats normal or not, prehaps its just cos I'm such a nice guy :o:D

No mate just the 400,000 (and a bit)just checked with the wife we only went the one time (for the second extension). I just thought it was because we did'nt need the police check!! I'm no expert on Visa stuff so dont really know whats normal or not, prehaps its just cos I'm such a nice guy :o  :D

Must be. Was this done recently? Or did you, or someone else, go alone to pick up the final extension of stay stamp? Wife is not required for that part. Your passport only has one stamp? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to make sure as this is the first report I have heard of a support Thai wife extension being approved on day TM.7 submitted. The retirement at 800k is normally approved. Would sure be nice if this is now the policy. And it would fit that new report of less than 2 weeks upcountry. Fingers crossed.

It would appear you are right Lop, just dug out my passport, 2 stamps the first  is the "under consideration" then a month later the actual extention. For the life of me I cant remember going twice..... I'll stick to farming stuff :D

It's the water. :o

Yea I'll have to start putting less of it in my whiskey, does terrible things to you :D

No mate just the 400,000 (and a bit)just checked with the wife we only went the one time (for the second extension). I just thought it was because we did'nt need the police check!! I'm no expert on Visa stuff so dont really know whats normal or not, prehaps its just cos I'm such a nice guy :o  :D

RC is a nice guy. I can vouch for that. :D:D

RC is a nice guy. I can vouch for that. :D:D

Thanks Guy's for the info,

I would be great if when the time comes go to Bangkok Immigration and apply for the One Year extension , and get it the same Day, but it kooks like its the same routine when applying At Pattaya, two stamps ( 2 stamps the first is the "under consideration" then a month later the actual extention. ) which means two trips to Bangkok !!,( first trip with the wife ) What do other Guy's living in the Korat area do when applying for a One year extension ..? The place we are moving to ( Soeng Sang ) I think is a bit nearer to Bangkok than Pattaya..? any one think of an better / quicker way to do the extension..? , just one extra thought when I applied for my first extension at our Pattaya address, The immigration came out to our house to check us out, does this mean if we apply at Bangkok with a new address, some one from Bangkok Immigration may come out to check us and our new address..?

Thanks Again ..... Mumbo

Thanks Guy's for the info,

I would be great if when the time comes go to Bangkok Immigration and apply for the One Year extension , and get it the same Day, but it kooks like its the same routine when applying At Pattaya, two stamps (  2 stamps the first is the "under consideration" then a month later the actual extention. ) which means two trips to Bangkok !!,( first trip with the wife )  What do other Guy's living in the Korat area do when applying for a One year extension ..? The place we are moving to ( Soeng Sang ) I think is a bit nearer to Bangkok than Pattaya..? any one think of an better / quicker way to do the extension..? , just one extra thought when I applied for my first extension at our Pattaya address, The immigration came out to our house to check us out, does this mean if we apply at Bangkok with a new address, some one from Bangkok Immigration may come out to check us and our new address..?

Thanks Again ..... Mumbo

The local police will be tasked with that chore.

• 4 weeks later...

Well arrived at new address , and sent all required paperwork to Bangkok Immigration Office the same day we arrived ( regestered mail ) with a covering letter saying we had moved address within 24 hours,.... sent on the 30th of June, as yet no reply, does any one know how long it normally takes to get back the new 90day reporting slip from Bangkok , and we have had no visit as yet from the boy's in brown..?

Thanks ....Mumbo

I would not expect any visit until you do your next extension of stay but suppose it could be any time - the 90 day reporting is another office. Believe most people get 90 day report back in 10 days or less. You did include 10 baht stamped envelope? Don't lose the receipt. Have you received any mail yet? Could be post office not aware of the new farang in town yet - or it could be was sent on to other office in immigration and now part of your file. If your normal 90 day report is do soon I would do it again then - if still far in the future you might want to call them and ask.

Thanks lopburi3,

We have been to the post office to check our new address, and we were directed to the " POST MAN " , who confirmed our address, we told him that we we are waiting for a letter from Bangkok Immigration, so he knows, I just wonder if the delay is/may be due to the 90 day reporting room moving at immigration, and also the holiday period ..?

Thanks .......... MUMBO

Up Date, ....got the Wife to call Bangkok Immigration, and ask if they had received my TM47 and paper work showing we had moved address ( sent to them registerd mail within 24 hours ) The Lady at the Immigration was helpful and said she would check and to ring back in one Hour..!! We rang back and She confirmed that infact they had received my TM 47 and paperwork, , Here's where I made the mistake ... thinking that when I moved address I had to send a TM 47 form, copy of passport , old report slip from inside my passport, return stamped envlope ETC... The lady said all I had to do was to send them a TM 47 form only showing my new address, not all the passport copys etc. She said that the Immigration would keep my 90 Day report slip from my passport, and then send me a NEW 90 Day report slip within 7 day's of the old one running out .

so we will wait and see , I now have a photo copy of my current 90 report slip in my passport.

............. Mumbo