Motorsport

neilf

managed to get up and out to the bira track past regents school on the 36 yesterday-----------towards rayong past the horseshoe point signs on the right so about 10k from the sukhumvit at nakula.

anyway there were several supporting races and then a pickup truck race and the supercars-------------similar to touring cars.

the thai food available looked ok but was covered in flies. the gents toilets were dreadful and the medical centre was unmanned and locked.

but i was able to cross the bridge into the pits and walk through a hole in the fence to be trackside.

if you thought the thais were shall we say enthusiastic drivers on the road you should see them on a track------------lots of crashes.

the general experience was good and all for a price that applied to thai and farang alike-------------50 baht !!!

next supercar meeting is 21st and 22nd august-------------bira have a website with english.

and dont forget you can have boy racing on the way home down the 36----------police always on other side.

It was a good weekend, I have a friend who races the Supercars - he came a respectable 5th and 4th (when you take out the 2 cheating Toyotas, effectively 3rd and 2nd).

Don't agree with the comment about the toilets, but there are a lot of flies everywhere at Bira.

If you can't wait until August for the next round of the Supercars, Round 3 of the Pro Racing Series Touring Cars is on at Bira 24th and 25th July, similar format over the weekend just different cars (my mate races in this series also).

An added bonus was an evening in the company of one of the 'Umbrella Dolls'!B)

Sometimes they have security stopping you going over the bridge, viewing points on the outside of the track aren't half as good, the supercar season ends with the Bangsaen festival of speed, a full weekend on a street circuit

They also have a web site

ww.bangsaengrandprix.org/index_eng.html

I am only familiar with North American motorsports, what is a supercar ?

This will give you some idea, very entertaining days out at Bira.

http://www.supercart...nd.com/main.php

awesome, looks similar to the circuit track racing in NA. Now I know where to go get piss drunk and watch racing in Thailand.

the only alcohol i saw was small cans of leo in a tub of icy water--------------there is no bar !!---------------take own spose