Anyone Want To Go Sailing

mcyachty

Hi all,

We have our regular monthly weekend sailing this weekend (10th & 11th July) at Ocean Marina. If anyone wants to go sailing, come down here by 9.30am, and I can help you find a crew spot. There are always plenty of boats looking for eager and willing crew.

I am the race officer on Saturday, so if any of the trusty helpers from Top of the Gulf Regatta feel like a day out on the water, then you are more than welcome to come along. It is not as big as TOG but still plenty of fun.

Ocean Marina is only 10 to 15 minutes from Pattaya, on the right hand side of Sukhumvit Road, as you head towards Sattahip. Located at the 157km marking just a few door up from the Ambassador. Plenty of parking or easiy to hop off the white Songtiew and walk in.

I also need to pull the finger out and organise another drinks night, as I missed the one on the 5th June, and saw that there was far too much fun had. Stay tuned and I will get there!

This topic really caught my attention as I have been hoping to find such an opportunity for several years now.  Back in the States I used to crew on a regular basis but have not done so since I moved to Thailand.  But as so often happens, now that I have found a place to crew, I am headed back to the States for the next few months.  How can I get in touch with you folks when I return in November?<BR>

Hi Inquisitive,

I have sent you an email with my contact details as I am not permitted to put my details here as a reply. Feel free to contact me anytime, and I have also put in the PM the website address for the Sailing.

Regards,

Hi Mcyachty

I would love to crew on one of your races, I have previously crewed on a 33ft cruiser and a 100ft topsail schooner. unfortunately I am in Japan at the moment, perhaps you can start a sailing thread in the recreation/sports forum if you haven't already and when I return in August I will get in touch.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have sailed in trhe past, generally beneton 36ft type and a stint on the Global challenger "Isle of Man" yacht many years ago. I live in Pattaya and I am generally around to assist. Bit old though (60) but I think fit etc.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Paul Davies

Hi Inquisitive,

I have sent you an email with my contact details as I am not permitted to put my details here as a reply. Feel free to contact me anytime, and I have also put in the PM the website address for the Sailing.

Regards,

Sorry for being slightly off topic: Do you know where I can purchase a flare gun & several distress flare for the gun. I got my last gun from an American but have had zero luck on getting any shops that carry them as safety equipment.I thought it is mandatory in ANY international water.If you have any info I would love it. Although I have done some sailing on a 36 footer with a buddy in the states I enjoyed power boats for fishing & skiing. Thanks for any info. Pleasant sailing!!!!!!!

Hi Inquisitive,

Regards,

Sorry for being slightly off topic: Do you know where I can purchase a flare gun & several distress flare for the gun. I got my last gun from an American but have had zero luck on getting any shops that carry them as safety equipment.I thought it is mandatory in ANY international water.If you have any info I would love it. Although I have done some sailing on a 36 footer with a buddy in the states I enjoyed power boats for fishing & skiing. Thanks for any info. Pleasant sailing!!!!!!!

Not sure where you live, But Barter Marine on srinakarin road in Samut Prakarn carry a full range of marine flares and distress beacons Google Siam Global marine safety for their website and address/contact details

Hi Inquisitive,

Regards,

Not sure where you live, But Barter Marine on srinakarin road in Samut Prakarn carry a full range of marine flares and distress beacons Google Siam Global marine safety for their website and address/contact details

Thank you for the heads up on where to get the flares. I guess in the Pattaya area they ate not to safety minded. All I was getting was blank stares from the major marines here. I guess they don't know about intl. laws to carry safety devices!

Thanks again

Barry

• 1 month later...

Hi Inquisitive,

Regards,

Dang! I was not very diligent while I was away and I never saw your reply. My guess is that it got caught in my spam filter. Could you please try again? I'll pay closer attention this time.

Would love to join the gang, but first need to get back to the cold north for a couple months. I havent done much sailing, just building and repairing. After building my own boat, discovered I didnt care much for sailing, but would stll like to give it another try. If you hit a reef, then I can be of some assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

We have our "raft up" tonight in the Sailors Bar. Everyone is welcome to join in.

Racing this weekend starts with the briefing at 9.30am. If you are keen to come out for a sail, be here at about 9am. I am sure there will be plenty of boat owners looking for crew. Experience is nice, however if you are keen, come along regardless.

We race both Saturday and Sundays.