Beach Fishing

petercallen

Does anyone go beach/ mangrove stream/ rock fishing here who would like company when fishing.

I like fishing, the only place i know is Rawai pier and have never had any success there, either there

are no fish or when the fish do come in you cant move with the amount of people trying to catch them.

Even trips of Phuket would be fine, i normally practice catch and release once i have a feed so there

are fish for the next fishing trip.

Saw a farang all set up with beachcasting gear on an isolated bit of Mai Khao up just before you leave the island.. He was aways down the beach so I didnt chat but he had lots of kit and seemed like he knew what he was doing.. Have never fished from a beach like that myself.

Other mates used to get cheap Thai tackle and go fishing off the rocks, limited success to be honest.

It is the charm of fishing, not the catch that counts.

I'm sorry for hi-jacking your thread, but where can I buy cheap and okay fishing equipment for beach and rock fishing?

There is no need for fishing card or anything like that, for sea fishing?

lots of fishing shops around on the island, and all the ones i have been to are reasonably priced, they mostly cater to locals so the price is reasonable.

As for rocck fishing, i havnt done it for years, there were always too many small reef fish and too much coral so you spent all day tying on new hooks.

Heading from chalong roundabout on Chaofa west road, about 500 metres before the service/gasoline station on the on the right hand side,

there is a large tree out front and the shop/shops are set back from the road, he has reasonably priced gear.

I always see people fishing off Sarasin brudge. There is a mangrove walkway in Saphan Hin which you might be able to use for fishing but it could be dangerous as I seem to recall reading about a murder there.

where can I buy cheap and okay fishing equipment for beach and rock fishing?

There is a great fishing shop opposite the King Rama (Suan Luang) park at the beginning of Phuket town. It's near the overhead bridge, same side as the 7-11 and video stores. You will see a 2-unit shop with fishing rods displayed out front. Super Cheap is apparently the cheapest of the cheap for basic fishing gear as well.

I always see people fishing off Sarasin brudge. There is a mangrove walkway in Saphan Hin which you might be able to use for fishing but it could be dangerous as I seem to recall reading about a murder there.

I have seen them fishing from the bridge as well, it seems a bit dangerous to me with all the traffic.

Once the new bridge is completed i believe they are going to change the old one into a fishing platform i will try it then.

I have found a mangrove creek close to home and when the tide is right i am going to give it a go, it looks promising.

HI,

I would be happy to go fishing with you.,

I have fished from the viewing point (down from the large white windmill) and only caught 1 fish but it was very tasty.

I am still learning the lay of the land here, i have tried spinning, bait fishing, float fishing and am currently experimenting with small tuna threaded with wire trace for barracuda on promthep cape.

I am also open to going boat fishing, anything where i can catch fish for the freezer and p[lenty of them :)

Let me know if you want to "hook up" (sorry) and we can get right on it.

Mark

HI,

I would be happy to go fishing with you.,

I have fished from the viewing point (down from the large white windmill) and only caught 1 fish but it was very tasty.

I am still learning the lay of the land here, i have tried spinning, bait fishing, float fishing and am currently experimenting with small tuna threaded with wire trace for barracuda on promthep cape.

I am also open to going boat fishing, anything where i can catch fish for the freezer and p[lenty of them :)

Let me know if you want to "hook up" (sorry) and we can get right on it.

Mark

I sent you a PM, rock fishing would not be very good because of the onshore winds this time of year.

I will be trying balloon fishing when the winds change , you attach a balloon to your line above the

hook and let the wind take your line out to deep water, they do this in the north of WA and catch some nice fish.

• 2 weeks later...