How Old Are We?

Blinky Bill

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good thread, Bill. Are you wanting the Chronological age or the age we act like? :lol: :lol:

And, do fossils actually get any older? :lol:

In actuality, some guy in his fourties, who is going to die within two years, but doesn't know it, is older than a man in his seventies who isn't going to pass on until his nineties.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got a point there, Ian. Thailand affects some males differently than others. Some seem to revert back to their teens whilst others age well ahead of their years.

It seems us in our 50's are ahead by 1 over the 60's at this stage.

It would be interesting to know the ages of the 2 with over 35 years in the country.

Edited by Blinky Bill

This poll is somewhat strange. Except for those here under 1 year, and over 35 years, Everyone else is in all these other categories. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be something like 1-5 years, 5-10 years etc. It is not a big deal, but just something I was wondering about.

This poll is somewhat strange. Except for those here under 1 year, and over 35 years, Everyone else is in all these other categories. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be something like 1-5 years, 5-10 years etc. It is not a big deal, but just something I was wondering about.

Quite right there, Harry.

I realised my slight error a little too late to edit it. Something to do with aging before my time.

However, it seems that most don't have a problem figuring it out.

Blinky, I have just found all my old passports and realise I have an anniversary coming up tomorrow - lobbed up in Thailand on the 8th of July, 1970. Unfortunately after looking at the passport photo I see some kind of reverse Dorian Gray effect has taken place. This is a perfect example of the gin's left tit you were telling me about, as I thought I took it easy on the sex, drugs and rock n roll (well the last one anyway).

Blinky, I have just found all my old passports and realise I have an anniversary coming up tomorrow - lobbed up in Thailand on the 8th of July, 1970. Unfortunately after looking at the passport photo I see some kind of reverse Dorian Gray effect has taken place. This is a perfect example of the gin's left tit you were telling me about, as I thought I took it easy on the sex, drugs and rock n roll (well the last one anyway).

No one would believe you're over 80 if they met you.

Im 36 years old. Ive been here 6 years and hopefully will see the end of my days here in another 40-50 years. I still love it here and wake up every morning knowing that no matter what the day brings I'll still be in Thailand and not in the UK.

Lets hope that you have no need to ever come back,because Thailand will never help you.

8.19 pm and the old farts are ahead. The 60's are 2 ahead of the 50's.

That's only because you split up all other groups into five-year age groups.

The 30's have all the old men beat. In many ways.

Im 36 years old. Ive been here 6 years and hopefully will see the end of my days here in another 40-50 years. I still love it here and wake up every morning knowing that no matter what the day brings I'll still be in Thailand and not in the UK.

Lets hope that you have no need to ever come back,because Thailand will never help you.

I don't understand what you mean?

How very very random!!! Can only assume changtangled mind numbness was the cause of that comment .......... wierd!!!!!! :wacko:

There seems to be more of us 30 something yos than the all other somethings.... very interesting.

Many of us probably found out we preferred another world after being here for sometime in our 20s. Having tried to go back to our lives in our homelands, we always come back to the place we love.... have several mates whom tried to go back to life in their own hoomeland only to miss being in CMai. We sacrifice far higher pay in our homelands for a better quality of life now- we know what we want and it is here.

I am glad I did not realise this in 20-30 years time...as many 50-60 somethings often say to me that they wish they discovered life here at our age----Enjoy and be happy

8.19 pm and the old farts are ahead. The 60's are 2 ahead of the 50's.

That's only because you split up all other groups into five-year age groups.

The 30's have all the old men beat. In many ways.

Just gone 11.00 am and the old farts in their 60's are even at 36 with the youngsters in their 30's. Us in our 50's are lagging (only in number) by 6.

Some of us have already beat the odds (hope your day comes soon). I have too many friends, good health (for my age/life style), enough money to be satisfied with my place in society,and normally see or learn something new each day.

I have seen other TV members make comments about people who they judged as drunks, old gits, complainers, etc. These same individuals seem to be clueless as to how to find the best Thai food in CM, what should they tip, cheapest guest house, where to find employment which pays western wages, a girl friend who has a apartment and will pay for their company, and then bitch because they were turned down for a English teaching job, thus immigration told them they had worn out their welcome, due to insufficient funds, maxed out on visa runs, or more than likely but not said, "you are undesirable due to you lack of contribution to society".

Most of us prefer, old geezer, old man, papa, tilak, or handsome man, and if you cannot get your tongue around that, Sir will do.

Agreed. Sir, maam, madame, or miss should always be used no matter what age the person whom you are speaking with.

BTW - 53, in CM 22 yrs., and yes

Thanks Blinky, one of the best and most informative polls I have ever seen on Thai visa.

Very few over 80s. This must be worrying for you guys now in they`re 70s.

I know of one 72 year old chap, who moved to Pattaya about a year ago - said he needed somewhere with a bit more action! :thumbsup:

There seems to be more of us 30 something yos than the all other somethings.... very interesting.

Many of us probably found out we preferred another world after being here for sometime in our 20s. Having tried to go back to our lives in our homelands, we always come back to the place we love.... have several mates whom tried to go back to life in their own hoomeland only to miss being in CMai. We sacrifice far higher pay in our homelands for a better quality of life now- we know what we want and it is here.

I am glad I did not realise this in 20-30 years time...as many 50-60 somethings often say to me that they wish they discovered life here at our age----Enjoy and be happy

Ain't that the truth (both the sacrifice and being glad I didn't wait any longer). It amazes me that I have lived here for a month what I earned in a day back in Blighty - up to about a week's UK wage a month these days - but buys much more. Only wished I'd come even earlier - mid twenties perhaps, but then I guess it would have been harder to make ends meet with little experience outside of Uni to find work (tried that teaching game - too much work for too little money!). With some life experience, some know how and some money in the bank, mid to late 30's got to be the best time IMHO. For retirees, there's no time like the present !

52 years old, first arrived in Chiang Mai in March 1977. I stayed for nearly two years and then came back about 5 years later. Stayed only a few weeks on holiday. Went back and since then have been here several more times, mostly on holiday but a couple of stints of 5 and 6 years. Left two years ago after 6 years to go back to Oz. Back here now for only 6 weeks. I have lived in central, and south Thailand and one stint in Bangkok. I love the north and the plan is to keep coming back here about twice a year to help stay sane unless I can link up another job in the Kingdom.

Over the time many things have changed, some have been losses but Thailand remains the vibrant and wonderful country that I love.

CB

Had no idea you are 52 CB! You must be doin something right :D

It is all those years of clean living, avaiding intoxicating substances or people of questionable moral standards

:whistling:

CB

Yeah, right!!

And don't forget sitting on little motorbikes behind big, ugly, fat, old farts when leaving the Guitarman.

Just wanna be misunderstood

Wanna be feared in my neighborhood

Just wanna be a moody man

Say things that nobody can understand

I wanna be obscure and oblique

Inscrutable and vague

So hard to pin down

I wanna leave open mouths when I speak

Want people to cry when I put them down

Pete Townsend, 'Misunderstood' Rough Mix w/ Ronnie Lane

That about sez it

We old enough to remember when this was as fresh as our young and tender human flesh, and when said flesh burned as brightly with passion as the song:

Baby, do you understand me now?

If sometimes, you see that I'm mad ...

Don't you know no one alive can always be an angel,

When everything goes wrong, you see some bad.

(group harmony) But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good:

(just Burdon) Oh Lord! Please don't let me be misunderstood ...

"Don't Let me be misunderstood" by Bennie Benjamin, Gloria Caldwell, and Sol Marcus; original melody and chorus line by Horace Ott. Recorded in 1964 by Nina Simone, became a pop-chart hit in 1965 for Eric Burdon and the Animals, and, of course, covered later by Joe Cocker, and many other groups, and in many different styles from reggae to rap.

:)

~o:37;

Edited by orang37

A self-ordained professor’s tongue

Too serious to fool

Spouted out that liberty

Is just equality in school

“Equality,” I spoke the word

As if a wedding vow

Ah, but I was so much older then

I’m younger than that now

;)