Uk Settlement Waiting

I hope you get a good result chiang mai

You can't be far behind jasonr3255

Welcome to the list akaloco, I would have thought you have much longer to wait either.

When is it my (my wife and stepsons) turn ? This waiting business is no fun.

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

04 Jun, 18 Aug, 10 weeks and 5 days, snuggzzz, successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, successful

09 Jun, 09 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, snakey, successful

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, successful

18 Jun, 25 Aug, 9 weeks and 5 days, Dubar, successful

21 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 4 days, incy, successful

25 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 0 days, stament, successful

24 Jun, 07 Sep, 10 weeks and 5 days, chiang mai, unknown

Still waiting (08/09/10)

24 Jun, jasonr3255 has been waiting for 10 weeks and 6 days to date

25 Jun, akaloco has been waiting for 10 weeks and 5 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 10 weeks and 2 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 9 weeks and 1 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 5 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 5 weeks and 5 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 5 weeks and 1 days to date

17 Aug, sonicdragon, has been waiting 3 weeks and 1 days to date

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiggerfish, I'll bet you hear before me, my confidence has weyned over the last few weeks and with 100% for all since this thread started I'm usually the first to <deleted> up and ruin the sequence !

nooo jason you will be fine pal, just hang in there, i had the same feelings as you infact i bet all the board has thought that way at sometime or other, stay strong pal

Tiggerfish, I'll bet you hear before me, my confidence has weyned over the last few weeks and with 100% for all since this thread started I'm usually the first to <deleted> up and ruin the sequence !

nooo jason you will be fine pal, just hang in there, i had the same feelings as you infact i bet all the board has thought that way at sometime or other, stay strong pal

Jason, think about the process: the UK Borders team at the Embassy consists of about five staff (trust me on this), some staff will go on vacation, some will take days off, some will work more slowly than others - your application is in that pipeline and its progress through it does not bear any relationship to the list we've all been following these past weeks - keep you perspective, you will get the answer you're looking for, very very soon.

Welcome to the list akaloco, I would have thought you have much longer to wait either.

Still waiting (08/09/10)

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 10 weeks and 2 days to date

Many thanks for your kind thoughts and words, to be honest however, I've been in the UK for the past 24hours and the shock of it all is frightening, mostly I'm bloody freezing and wondering why nobody smiles, Oh well, there's always plan B! :)

OI !

Where have you come from Mr Akaloco? theres me thinking " yeay im next on the list, next on the list, exciting excitement ,im next on the list' and, (no doubt Triggerfish was thinking the same )and all of a sudden out of nowhere you come along and Im back to being third.

Its just not cricket.

Hey Skeets, I have to agree with you there, nearly at the top of the list and then get bumped down. But..... The more the merrier.

I was hoping for an answer this week but it's not looking likely now.

The figures for July have been posted on the UKBA website but I'm not sure how they are arrived at, they don't seem to correspond with the results posted here.

post-107984-039470900 1284019928_thumb.j

Still waiting (08/09/10)

Looks like the full 12 weeks maybe on the cards..! my blood pressure is rising ! :(

Good Luck everyone, its hard waiting as well we all know ... sorry been a bit quiet lately I can read this forum only on my Blackberry for some reason and can read only but rest assured the moment I have some news it will be shared here quickly!

Just a idea but presumably in 6 months time it should all be over for us hopefully with favourable results -- maybe near to christmas a number of us on this thread could meet up on a weekends afternoon in central London (or similiar) for some drinks or food (or ??) just a idea - be nice to catchup when we all have the result we hopefully get and have been working so hard for... ideas?

Fingers crossed!

I've obviously been waiting too long.

Alternative version of the list attached, let me know which you prefer as I don't fancy maintaining two lists.

I can't post it directly as the forum doesn't support posting of html

waiting.html

The normal one as I just got a load of html and tags when I tried to look at this version :-(

The figures released by the UKBA for Bangkok are just lies, pure and simple. We have the empirical evidence to show that they are lies right here in this thread.

Even worse than their claim to process 100% in 60 days is their outlandish claim to process 67% in 30 days. Our evidence is 1 person under 6 weeks and an every increasing average. Perhaps they actually mean the time taken after they dust it off, not the months it sits waiting for them to start processing it ?

Really, with all our visa fees rolling in, you'd think someone with half a brain would put out figures which even resemble the truth. The current (and most likely past) figures are a work of pure fiction.

I hope they don't read this forum and match u to your submission date. :) ... I do get the feeling we are treated fairly, u make a reasonable case, present the facts and u get your result, albeit with an unjustifiable wait and cost.

I hope they don't read this forum and match u to your submission date. :) ... I do get the feeling we are treated fairly, u make a reasonable case, present the facts and u get your result, albeit with an unjustifiable wait and cost.

have you read my other post about people who have appealed?

please do and then you will see their is substance to my moan/rant/fact I have posted.

cheers and good luck to everyone waiting:jap:

p.s do you not think it would be highly unprofessional for them to read this and my moans and then have some kind of vendetta against my appeal, after all they only make their decision on the facts presented to them with the application, cheers

Edited by norrona

<snip for brevity>

Just a idea but presumably in 6 months time it should all be over for us hopefully with favourable results -- maybe near to christmas a number of us on this thread could meet up on a weekends afternoon in central London (or similiar) for some drinks or food (or ??) just a idea - be nice to catchup when we all have the result we hopefully get and have been working so hard for... ideas?

Fingers crossed!

Having gone through all of this, some 20-odd years ago, I feel for everyone in this situation.

Re the meet-up, I suspect that the best venue will be the Wat in Wimbledon, for Loy Kratong festival, when just-about every Thai and spouse (collective-noun spice, right ?!) & (after a few years) kids in London & the South-East will meet-up, binge on real-Thai-cooking in the food-market, and gossip until the water-buffaloes come home. :rolleyes:

Keep your spirits up, your upper-lips stiff, and you'll win-through in-the-end. :rolleyes: Chok Dee ! B)

<snip for brevity>

Fingers crossed!

Having gone through all of this, some 20-odd years ago, I feel for everyone in this situation.

Re the meet-up, I suspect that the best venue will be the Wat in Wimbledon, for Loy Kratong festival, when just-about every Thai and spouse (collective-noun spice, right ?!) & (after a few years) kids in London & the South-East will meet-up, binge on real-Thai-cooking in the food-market, and gossip until the water-buffaloes come home. :rolleyes:

Keep your spirits up, your upper-lips stiff, and you'll win-through in-the-end. :rolleyes: Chok Dee ! B)

That's not a bad idea, be nice to put faces to nick names and see what kind of a diverse group of people we might end up with.

If we are fortunate to have a favourable result in time I will surely be taking the family (Sun Nov 21) this year and probably every year after.

Buddhapadipa Temple

<snip for brevity>

Fingers crossed!

That's not a bad idea, be nice to put faces to nick names and see what kind of a diverse group of people we might end up with.

If we are fortunate to have a favourable result in time I will surely be taking the family (Sun Nov 21) this year and probably every year after.

Buddhapadipa Temple

I agree, who wants to pull it all together and make the meet up happen? Hey, how's about a remote TV gathering, George?

16 weeks and 4 calender days equates to the "12 weeks not including weekends as business days" so in theory we still have 5 weeks to wait. Heaven !

jason,

just had a study of the waiting times on the uk visa website; the way i read it is that times quoted in 'days' are working days, ie, mon-fri; and times quoted in 'weeks' are actual weeks, ie, 7 days; so 12 weeks is 12 weeks, and 60 days equals 12 weeks.

chin up mate, you'll get there soon.

cheers

Edited by liveforever

16 weeks and 4 calender days equates to the "12 weeks not including weekends as business days" so in theory we still have 5 weeks to wait. Heaven !

jason,

just had a study of the waiting times on the uk visa website; the way i read it is that times quoted in 'days' are working days, ie, mon-fri; and times quoted in 'weeks' are actual weeks, ie, 7 days; so 12 weeks is 12 weeks, and 60 days equals 12 weeks.

chin up mate, you'll get there soon.

cheers

That's the way I interpreted it too.

Good luck guys, hope you hear soon

<snip for brevity>

Fingers crossed!

Buddhapadipa Temple

I agree, who wants to pull it all together and make the meet up happen? Hey, how's about a remote TV gathering, George?

So that's a no then is it!

Another week starts but the waiting never stops..

Welcome to the list pagan1

Good luck all.

Still waiting (13/09/10)

24 Jun, jasonr3255 has been waiting for 11 weeks and 4 days to date

25 Jun, akaloco has been waiting for 11 weeks and 3 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 11 weeks and 0 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 9 weeks and 3 days to date

20 Jul, pagan1, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 6 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 3 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 6 weeks and 3 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 5 weeks and 6 days to date

17 Aug, sonicdragon, has been waiting 3 weeks and 6 days to date

Good luck all.

Still waiting (13/09/10)

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 11 weeks and 0 days to date

Excellent work once again Tiggerfish for updating. We know we only have 3 days to go and Our Boy has not been interviewed and no time to do it now, so we are hopeful they are satisfied. Chiang Mai no result since Thursday of last week, You have forgotten to reply in the midst of your celebrations we hope...? Good luck to all else waiting I think the waiting times will revert to 6 weeks in October. :)

Good luck all.

Still waiting (13/09/10)

Excellent work once again Tiggerfish for updating. We know we only have 3 days to go and Our Boy has not been interviewed and no time to do it now, so we are hopeful they are satisfied. Chiang Mai no result since Thursday of last week, You have forgotten to reply in the midst of your celebrations we hope...? Good luck to all else waiting I think the waiting times will revert to 6 weeks in October. :)

Visa processing times are shown in timescales from 2- 120 days. The days are expressed in working days. "Working days do not include":

weekends, local public holidays and any other non-working days;

where appointments are required, the time taken to obtain an appointment.

Taken from the Border and Immigration website.

I still think 120 days could actually mean 24 calendar weeks from the way the above is described...? This waiting is making me mad now...!