Uk Settlement Waiting

My wifes visa app went in 9th june we got the ok on 9th aug cant wait till she is here the visa wont start untill 9th sep we did put that date on app thinking it would take 3 months but all is good many thanks to all the knowlage on here

Congratulations nice to see another success. There seems to have been a lot of those lately. It would be interesting to know the % success rate for all visa apps based on the applications made (sadly they don't publish this).

yes they do stament, 7by7 put some links for the stats if you look back you can see them, congrats to snakey yes another success story i just hope they keep coming for you all, dubar mate enjoy this weekend cos yours is just after weekend if not today mate, good luck,

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wifes visa app went in 9th june we got the ok on 9th aug cant wait till she is here the visa wont start untill 9th sep we did put that date on app thinking it would take 3 months but all is good many thanks to all the knowlage on here

Congratulations nice to see another success. There seems to have been a lot of those lately. It would be interesting to know the % success rate for all visa apps based on the applications made (sadly they don't publish this).

yes they do stament, 7by7 put some links for the stats if you look back you can see them, congrats to snakey yes another success story i just hope they keep coming for you all, dubar mate enjoy this weekend cos yours is just after weekend if not today mate, good luck,

Thanks Tigerjohn, no news today.

Dubar

Couldn't see the thread but will keep searching. The official stats here are only the total number processed in a month (i.e. decisions made regardless of whether successful or not)

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

I suspect there won't be any news as yesterday was a holiday (Queen's birthday) and I believe today is as well (well certainly for a lot of government officials - Govt schools for sure as my friend is off).

Couldn't see the thread but will keep searching. The official stats here are only the total number processed in a month (i.e. decisions made regardless of whether successful or not)

http://www.ukvisas.g...processingtimes

I suspect there won't be any news as yesterday was a holiday (Queen's birthday) and I believe today is as well (well certainly for a lot of government officials - Govt schools for sure as my friend is off).

i didnt know it was today too, he posted it to tiggerfish on this topic somewhere, my wife flys on monday so she will be here monday nite, im sure you hear soon dubar mate,

http://www.ukvisas.g...processingtimes

i didnt know it was today too, he posted it to tiggerfish on this topic somewhere, my wife flys on monday so she will be here monday nite, im sure you hear soon dubar mate,

Here it is....

In fact, most applications are successful. The figures for 2009/10 have yet to be published, but in 2008/09 in Thailand out of 2,775 settlement applications, 2,385 were granted; thats 87%.

See Entry Clearance Statistics 2008/09; Thailand's settlement applications are on page 75.

The success rate for family visits (page 37) was 90% and for other visits (page 52) it was 91%.

A look in the archives (2001/02 to 2004/05 and 2005/06 onwards) will show similar results.

Which indicates, to me at least, that provided one prepares properly, obtaining a UK visa, visit or settlement, is not as difficult as some would have people believe.

End of the week update.

Congratulations snakey, thanks for the info, best of luck for the future.

tigerjohns application now shows as as successful, well done mate.

We didn't hear back from kevozman1, I hope all is well.

Dubar.... top of the list.... Best of luck !!!

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, unknown

09 Jun, 09 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, snakey, successful

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, successful

Still waiting (13/08/10)

18 Jun, Dubar, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 0 days to date

21 Jun, incy, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 4 days to date

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 7 weeks and 1 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 0 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 6 weeks and 4 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 5 weeks and 3 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 3 weeks and 0 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 2 weeks and 0 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 1 weeks and 3 days to date

Thanks Tigerjohn, no news today.

Dubar

7by 7 can i ask now my my wife will be here on settelment visa .. next year i would love to take her to france i know we must aply for visa do you think easy or not.

p.s can i say you have been so helpfull in my life and you dont know who i am ... so some times i feel rude when i ask ... so just thanks if we are lucky to meet i will by beer Mr & Mrs B

Yes visa application was accepted, found out on Monday but I could not

post on this forum as I received a three day suspension for silly posting

(suppose I was a bit bored).

Looks good for everybody as most visas seem to be getting a positive

verdict. Good luck to everybody.

Yes visa application was accepted, found out on Monday but I could not

post on this forum as I received a three day suspension for silly posting

(suppose I was a bit bored).

Looks good for everybody as most visas seem to be getting a positive

verdict. Good luck to everybody.

Congratulations and good luck for the future.

A suspension? Bit draconian isn't it? What did you do that warranted such a punishment?

There is minor inaccuracy for June, the dates suggest everyone in June has been 8 weeks 3 days consistently. If that continues this week Dubar is up Wednesday and I'm up Thursday. Can we add times please, days is a bit too granular for me :)

Seriously, thanks TigerJohn and TiggerFish these details.

Good luck Dubar.

There is minor inaccuracy for June, the dates suggest everyone in June has been 8 weeks 3 days consistently. If that continues this week Dubar is up Wednesday and I'm up Thursday. Can we add times please, days is a bit too granular for me :)

Seriously, thanks TigerJohn and TiggerFish these details.

Good luck Dubar.

Hi Incy

Good luck to you as well, not long now feel like the minutes are as long as the hours!!!

Wednesday for me Thursday for you come on!

Best regards

Dubar

Well done kevozman1, on the result and the suspension :rolleyes: Best of luck for the many years to come.

Welcome to the world of waiting sonicdragon. Be warned time passes more slowly within the list, I know I feel like I've been waiting a lifetime already.

Dubar, I'm planning on you making me do another update tomorrow... Good Luck !!

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, successful

09 Jun, 09 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, snakey, successful

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, successful

Still waiting (17/08/10)

18 Jun, Dubar, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 4 days to date

21 Jun, incy, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 1 days to date

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 7 weeks and 5 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 4 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 7 weeks and 1 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 6 weeks and 0 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 3 weeks and 4 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 2 weeks and 4 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 2 weeks and 0 days to date

17 Aug, sonicdragon, has been waiting 0 weeks and 0 days to date

Hi Guys

My wife has heard nothing agian today!!! we are starting to feel the worse, if we do not hear anything tomorrow is it worth me calling the embassy? it will be 9 weeks 3 days on Monday the oldest on our forum I think, there is 1 thay was refused after 9 weeks 2 days.

Regards

Dubar

Hi Guys

My wife has heard nothing agian today!!! we are starting to feel the worse, if we do not hear anything tomorrow is it worth me calling the embassy? it will be 9 weeks 3 days on Monday the oldest on our forum I think, there is 1 thay was refused after 9 weeks 2 days.

Regards

Dubar

Relax, it's going to be OK, you are (we are) only a few days over the running average thus far and it's only to be expected that the average time frame will vary. Don't forget also that ECO's have summer holidays too and it is August so some of them may well have gone away for a break.

Edited by chiang mai

Hi Guys

Regards

Dubar

Relax, it's going to be OK, you are (we are) only a few days over the running average thus far and it's only to be expected that the average time frame will vary. Don't forget also that ECO's have summer holidays too and it is August so some of them may well have gone away for a break.

I'm nervous too now, I was hoping not to have to wait over another weekend. We should see the July figures posted soon.

Cheers.

Do ECO officers have English bank holidays, Thai bank holidays or as I suspect BOTH !!!

Where are the ECO officers based in BKK or UK? If in BKK I suspect they'll get both English & Thai bank holidays.

Could have an affect on waiting times as I believe we had Thai holidays last week for the Queen's birthday and we've also got August Bank Holiday Monday coming up soon here in the UK (30th August).

Incidentally Tiggerfish do we know the reasons why the couple of people on your list were refused? I'm guessing not.

Hi Guys

Regards

Dubar

I'm nervous too now, I was hoping not to have to wait over another weekend. We should see the July figures posted soon.

Cheers.

I must confess I'm a little on edge also, not so much about the visa but the timing. I've found a property that I want to buy in the UK, friends have been to see it on my behalf and it's just what we're looking for and really hard to find. Will the visa come in time, will the property be sold before I get there, oh worry worry worry! Sod it, I think I'll just go to the beach and forget about it all for a week and see what happens, suggest you all do the same. :)

Do ECO officers have English bank holidays, Thai bank holidays or as I suspect BOTH !!!

Where are the ECO officers based in BKK or UK? If in BKK I suspect they'll get both English & Thai bank holidays.

Could have an affect on waiting times as I believe we had Thai holidays last week for the Queen's birthday and we've also got August Bank Holiday Monday coming up soon here in the UK (30th August).

Incidentally Tiggerfish do we know the reasons why the couple of people on your list were refused? I'm guessing not.

I suspect they get both, you should see the list of holidays that the Thai Embassy folks in the UK get, all the Thai holidays PLUS all the UK holidays, a nice job to have. BTW, my understanding is that ECO's are based in Bangkok.

If you go back through the forum then you can find the details. I didn't want to shout about refusals too much in case it discouraged people from joining in.

I suspect you are right RE holidays, if nothing else I would expect the supporting Thai staff to have the holiday which is bound to impact throughput.

I think it's good to have visibility of the times like this but no fun when you can see them getting longer and longer. I was hoping to hear for my family towards the end of next week but at the moment that's looking unlikely.

Hang in there everyone.

We should hear about the same time Tigerfish although our application is also for my wife's son, so perhaps you'll hear back first. In any case I hope it's before the August bank holiday weekend !! ;-)

Good luck to all and well done for keeping up the list mate.

What is the point of the VFS Global 'Track your application' link ? It tells me I've submited my application (thanks), else nothing. Or am I missing something here ?

VFS receives the application and then passes it on to the ECO (Embassy). When the ECO is done the application is passed back to VFS and VFS notifies the applicant - the big part, the chunk of time in the middle leaves VFS in the same boat as you and me, don't know what's happening. In short, VFS tracks the in and out but not the middle.

What is the point of the VFS Global 'Track your application' link ? It tells me I've submited my application (thanks), else nothing. Or am I missing something here ?

VFS receives the application and then passes it on to the ECO (Embassy). When the ECO is done the application is passed back to VFS and VFS notifies the applicant - the big part, the chunk of time in the middle leaves VFS in the same boat as you and me, don't know what's happening. In short, VFS tracks the in and out but not the middle.

Thanks for the clarification.