Uk Settlement Waiting

A couple of questions:

1) Tiggerfiash has done an outstanding job with this thread, do you intend to keep it going after you get your visa or will the forum pick it up, it really is very useful in so many ways?

Thanks it's been as much for my own reference as anything but I am very pleased to see that it has been useful to others.

It is my intention to keep the thread up to date even after we get an answer, if we ever get one that is. It has certainly been useful to have visibility of the times.

Although should we be lucky enough to get the right result I will be heading off to Thailand for 10 days or so to go and pick the family up and bring them back here and I will not have any internet connectivity for the duration but I'm sure someone else can maintain it for a while.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The processing times for July have still not been made available, maybe all the delays are just down to vacations. I did really hope to hear something today, a week after Dubar, unfortunately the sms did not materialise.

The processing times for July have still not been made available, maybe all the delays are just down to vacations. I did really hope to hear something today, a week after Dubar, unfortunately the sms did not materialise.

Hi Incy

Keep the faith mate, your sms will be here any day now.

Good luck as well for everybody else waiting

You'll forget the wait when she walks into arrivals

Best regards

Dubar

Hi to all you couples waiting for answers to your applications , my wife and i were happy to get are spouse visa 18 months ago and are now in the process of sorting are ilr visa. the last 18 months have been fantastic as my wife and little girl have really settled well here its a great help having family and freinds around to help them adjust. i know the stress and worry you are all going through just try and stay confident and keep smilling. hope you are all succseful and will keep my fingers crossed for you all. good luck.

Hi to all you couples waiting for answers to your applications , my wife and i were happy to get are spouse visa 18 months ago and are now in the process of sorting are ilr visa. the last 18 months have been fantastic as my wife and little girl have really settled well here its a great help having family and freinds around to help them adjust. i know the stress and worry you are all going through just try and stay confident and keep smilling. hope you are all succseful and will keep my fingers crossed for you all. good luck.

thats a great post col, a nice success story shining through. sounds like she's really settled in well and you're both enjoying life.

thanks for your luck.

cheers

Hi.

Skeets here,

I'm fourth on the list and dont possibly see how i can wait any longer!!! Im a very rational calm sort of girl but even im starting to panic now! the visa is for my husband and we have to be back in the UK for the 27th of September as thats when i start Uni!!

We've already been declined once cos i didnt send enough proof of work and accomodation but that was back in May and it only took 6 weeks to process so I'm hoping that a longer wait means a better chance of success.

so, if we do get the visa we will have about a week to sell 11 years of stuff and sort out shipping. does anyone know of any good shipping companies? we are in Chonburi so Laem Chabang is the nearest port.

Mind you, better not count my chickens before they hatch but i must do something so i dont look at this forum every hour!!!

good luck to everyone waiting and lets all stay calm and try not to pull all our hair out!

Hi.

Skeets here,

I'm fourth on the list and dont possibly see how i can wait any longer!!!

I feel your pain skeets. I have this forum open in the background all day every day just to see if there is any change. Each day that passes without any movement on the list is painful to endure. At the moment I think we will be lucky to hear before the end of next week.

At least they do seem to process them in the same order they were submitted.

Nothing we can do now but wait.

Best of luck to all and Good speed :)

We just got the SMS saying the application is ready for collection. Unfortunately we cannot pick it up until Monday so its going to be a long weekend.:(

Congratulations Incy, you know that the visa has been approved so now it's just a matter of getting on with it all.

Course its been approved :-)

Go and have an early beer

Good .Luck ,I can understand your torment,why on earth do they not tell you the outcome in the SMS.it seems just one at a time are being dealt with from our list,though I do realise there are others waiting as well.

Course its been approved :-)

Go and have an early beer

Good .Luck ,I can understand your torment,why on earth do they not tell you the outcome in the SMS.it seems just one at a time are being dealt with from our list,though I do realise there are others waiting as well.

Where an application is disallowed there is an accompanying letter of explanation stating the reasons why and setting out the appeals process. I think it's right that the verdict and the explanation are given at the same time. But let's be perfectly clear, none of this applies to Incy because his application has been approved and very soon he's going to be one very happy man. :)

They say it takes up to 12 weeks, so just approach it with the assumption that it will take 12 weeks!

I'd love to get it back before then, but its an unknown - whereas 12 weeks you will know either way.

Good luck to you all.

I don't think there is any guarantee that all will be completed within 12 weeks. If they could guarantee such a turn around, then they could equally guarantee any other time period, once any backlog was cleared. They could do it in 2 weeks if they so wished for many cases. There is certainly no reason why anything takes 12 weeks or indeed even half that time, if, a big if, it is being worked on.

However, the average from data obtained from people here has risen over the last couple of months from around 6 or 7 weeks to over 9 weeks and I suspect we will see that rise further towards this 12 week period during which they should have completed the process. I understand that it is also the 12 week period after which they will entertain questions on just how much dust is gathering on your application !

They say it takes up to 12 weeks, so just approach it with the assumption that it will take 12 weeks!

I'd love to get it back before then, but its an unknown - whereas 12 weeks you will know either way.

Good luck to you all.

Not sure where you got the 12 weeks from. I may be wrong but my understanding is that it can take up to 120 days (working days) which excluding any bank holidays is 18 weeks!

The info is here:

https://ukvisas-stage.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

You need to select Thailand from the drop down box.

Annoyingly, we're now into September and they still haven't published July's stats !!!

We just got the SMS saying the application is ready for collection. Unfortunately we cannot pick it up until Monday so its going to be a long weekend.:(

Congratulations on getting the SMS message Incy. I won't tempt fate on the result yet by congratulating you but hope it's a success!

jasonr3255 and chiang mai you guys should be next week now and hopefully me as well. The waiting is getting almost unbearable now :-(

I have to agree with what was said earlier, I wish they would give you the result on the SMS as it does make it more agonising, if that's at all possible!!! Especially if you have to wait for it to be posted to you which in our case we do (as we're in Chiang Mai).

However, I do understand the reasons for not giving the yay or nay. Plus what if they also sent the wrong message result? So for the reasons states and this I think it makes sense but doesn't help us !!!

Cheers

[

Not sure where you got the 12 weeks from. I may be wrong but my understanding is that it can take up to 120 days (working days) which excluding any bank holidays is 18 weeks!

The info is here:

https://ukvisas-stag...processingtimes

You need to select Thailand from the drop down box.

Annoyingly, we're now into September and they still haven't published July's stats !!!

Yes but check the stats.....60 days (12 weeks) and 98% are processed!!!!

Settlement Visas</B>2 days</B>3 days</B>5 days</B>10 days</B>15 days</B>30 days</B>60 days</B>90 days</B>120 days</B>Total decisions made</B>Settlement2%2%2%2%2%47%98%100%100%195

Settlement Visas</B>2 days</B>3 days</B>5 days</B>10 days</B>15 days</B>30 days</B>60 days</B>90 days</B>120 days</B>Total decisions made</B>Settlement2%2%2%2%2%47%98%100%100%195

Just chill out Chaps - the vast majority are approved and if you are ina genuine relationship then whats the worry about? Sure, its a long time and certainly &lt;deleted&gt; being seperated from your Mrs, if that is the case but it will be granted, dont fret.

Either way, you still have your Mrs even if the British Government says 'no'.

That's great news incy. Good luck for Monday.

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, successful

09 Jun, 09 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, snakey, successful

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, successful

18 Jun, 25 Aug, 9 weeks and 5 days, Dubar, successful

21 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 4 days, incy, unknown

Still waiting (03/09/10)

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 10 weeks and 1 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 10 weeks and 0 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 9 weeks and 4 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 8 weeks and 3 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 0 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 5 weeks and 0 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 4 weeks and 3 days to date

17 Aug, sonicdragon, has been waiting 2 weeks and 3 days to date

Edited by TiggerFish

good luck for monday incy but im sure you do not need it, but how the hel_l you can wait until monday after waiting all this time i dont know pal i know for sure that would kill me, just be strong this weekend you be ok, so jason and cm time for you to step into the firing line, good luck all

good luck for monday incy but im sure you do not need it, but how the hel_l you can wait until monday after waiting all this time i dont know pal i know for sure that would kill me, just be strong this weekend you be ok, so jason and cm time for you to step into the firing line, good luck all

Thanks Tigerjohn,

I hope it's literally not the firing line..! No SMS for us we will be checking the online status from Monday onwards, My wife and I are both in the UK and this fiasco has gone on too long we origanally applied for her sons settlement back in March waited 9 weeks and 2 days and then refused. Another 10 weeks and a refusal would be dissastrous. Let's hope they can recognise a genuine case this time !

Only this time he has had no interview as yet, good or bad I just don't know, but from previous threads it seems an interview by telephone nearly always precedes a "Refusal Notice" but for a few exceptions. Let's hope I and they have got it right this time fingers crossed !

Edited by jasonr3255

Hi Incy

It will bea great morning for you on Monday, you will hear from your wife before 10am uk time, the best thing you should do is have a gallon of beer Sunday night and have a good nights sleep other wise you will be awake all night clock watching............have a great weekend your wait is nearly over :D

All the best

Dubar

Thanks Tigerjohn,

I hope it's literally not the firing line..! No SMS for us we will be checking the online status from Monday onwards, My wife and I are both in the UK and this fiasco has gone on too long we origanally applied for her sons settlement back in March waited 9 weeks and 2 days and then refused. Another 10 weeks and a refusal would be dissastrous. Let's hope they can recognise a genuine case this time !

Only this time he has had no interview as yet, good or bad I just don't know, but from previous threads it seems an interview by telephone nearly always precedes a "Refusal Notice" but for a few exceptions. Let's hope I and they have got it right this time fingers crossed !

yes good luck pal, i am watching you with a keen interest because as ive said on another topic we are hoping to go in for her 2 sons visas in the new year so yes am very interested in yours, i may need advice from you lol, im sure you be fine this time though jason,

My wife received an SMS yesterday evening saying that her visa had been couriered yesterday, i.e. Friday. Don't suppose anyone knows how long this courier service normally takes to deliver do they?

The waiting is nearly over perhaps maybe Monday or Tuesday. She's going to phone the Courier company now. I'll return to the board when we have further news......

Good luck all

Cheers

Stam

all the very best for monday; you'll be fine mate.

it must feel tense, i remember the feeling from the wifes last visa.

chin up.

cheers

My wife received an SMS yesterday evening saying that her visa had been couriered yesterday, i.e. Friday. Don't suppose anyone knows how long this courier service normally takes to deliver do they?

The waiting is nearly over perhaps maybe Monday or Tuesday. She's going to phone the Courier company now. I'll return to the board when we have further news......

Good luck all

Cheers

Stam

Thanks for the good wishes guys, I'll keep you posted.

Good luck Stam.

Cheers,

Incy